Thoughts / Expectations vs Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
I will be disappointed if we don't give Tavon Austin the ball. Let him return a kick, catch a screen pass, just something. The kid has to touch the ball in preseason.

I'm also hoping to see a little more from the defense. I know the D will be very basic / vanilla, but I want to see them flying around making plays. I want to see Ogletree play better as well. He looked gassed and confused week 1.

And of course... the RB spot. Will D-Rich continue to shine? I hope so. I'm also curious to see how Pead plays. Will he bounce back, or continue to turn the ball over? If he fumbles again, I think he could find himself on the bench alot this season.

What are your expectations for tonights game?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I expect to see the O-line give the QB more time than the last game. The D to collapse the pocket and get pressure on GBay's QB. The rookies make les mistakes. The special teams to cover. the Rams to win!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
My only expectations are to get back on the bus to Rams park just as healthy as they were when they left Ram park.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yamahopper said:
My only expectations are to get back on the bus to Rams park just as healthy as they were when they left Ram park.

I completely agree with this. It's preseason. I just want our guys to be ready for when the real thing starts.

I will be paying very close attention to the safety battle. We already have one in McDonald, but I want to see how Stewart, Davis, Daniels, McLeod, and Hall fare. Running back, linebacker, and whomever takes the sixth wide receiver spot (Helmick, Veltung, or Radway) are also intriguing.

FLramFAN

Rookie
I'd expect to see more of the same from last week, in general.

However, the Browns came out playing like it was the Super Bowl and the Rams just stuck to basics. I'd certainly expect the Pack to be taking it relatively easy and keeping it simple as well since they expect to be in play-off contention and have a pretty seasoned team.

Watch for GB to try to run the ball. They know they have an explosive passing attack but the lack of a running game may have cost them at least one more SB appearance in the last few years and they need to see what they've got on the ground.

If the final score is important to you, I think you have to figure the game is going to be won/lost by many guys who won't likely see the field much this year unless one team comes out and scores quickly on a couple of consecutive possessions starting the game.

What I'd like to see from the Rams....

OFFENSE:

Throw one quick screen, one drag route and one deep ball to TA and then get him out. Show the league what you "could" do with him if you want to.

Save Cook for next week and use him in similar fashion as I'm hoping they'll use TA this week.

Let Pead start the game. It would be a confidence boost and I think that's all he's lacking.

After a 5 or 6 touches for Pead, let's see What Cunningham and Ganaway have to offer playing with the 1 and hopefully against GB #1 Defense.

Find a Kick-Off Return guy. Sure wish they'd give Radway a shot. Right now none of the guys looks very reliable or seems to have the ability to take one to the house and I don't want to see TA back there and on punts, too.

DEFENSE:

I’m interested to see how “spoon” runs around and understands the D.

I’d like to see Ogletree and the 2 Safties not being out of position and running by the ball carrier regularly. I’d like to see those 3 players on the field for most of the first half.

Need both some middle push and some pressure from the edge from the base defense. This tells us if we are winning the head to head battles with speed or power as opposed to stunts.
That’s my 2 ½ cents-worth.

Speeps

Starter
I want to see that our young guys have gotten the jitters out and will show up and play football. Meaning:

I want to see fundamentals (good blocking, catching and tackling)

I want to see the starting offense move the ball efficiently without turnovers and score a TD

I want to see our defense make plays

No penalties or turnovers from our key guys.

stay healthy.

lockdnram21

Legend
I want to see quick with the ones. Benny Cunningham with the ones. Mcleod with the first team d. Mcdonald and ogletree make some plays

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yamahopper said:

This. Keep our guys healthy, it's the preseason.

I hope Bradford looks sharp accuracy wise and we stay healthy. That's it.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Keep in mind that they did some practice against a PS imitating the Packers so it was either getting ready to play against a 3-4 (if they are a 3-4) or a little game planning.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
If Pead keeps turning the ball over he might be finding himself on the waiver wire, not just the bench. Think about what he shown. He hasnt shown much in the way of rushing ability(sans one play last year) and has consistently put the ball on the ground. If he was a UDFA, I think most of us would assume he would be cut before the season.