Thought This Might Be the Case

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Per this article: http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/THE-WEEK-THAT-WAS---WEEK-6/20eca26f-787c-4a1c-b877-6b59355e7a00

St. Louis rookie linebacker ALEC OGLETREE had a 98-yard interception-return touchdown in the Rams’ 38-13 win at Houston. That is tied for the longest interception-return touchdown in the regular season by a linebacker in NFL history and the longest ever by a rookie linebacker. Tampa Bay linebacker SHELTON QUARLES had a 98-yard interception-return touchdown against Green Bay on October 7, 2001.

Watch out for this kid. He can be scary good.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Tyoka Jackson said AO reminds him a lot of a young Derrick Brooks. He saw Brooks do similar things as AO. Off the charts ability, still learning but when he figures it all out he will be great. Thinks AO could go to the pro bowl this year.

Anonymous

I doesn't the length of a int return determine the value or potential of any player?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Joat said:
I doesn't the length of a int return determine the value or potential of any player?

But leading the team in tackles your rookie year, forcing 3 fumbles and taking an int in for a score in 6 games are all pretty good indicators. And, those are just the stats. Those of us who have actually, you know, watched him play, see great talent and potential. Obviously you are not aware of which you speak.

Psycho_X

Legend
He's definitely got to be talked about for defensive rookie of the year. Pro Bowl is probably ambitious just because he plays for the Rams and is a rookie. He'd have to do some amazing things the next ten games to get his name actually out there over less deserving people just because of team and popularity. But droy... why not at this point?

Graphicker

Starter
Word.. Alec has hit the ground running and there has been some
Growing pains; but the good far outweight the bad..

Just like how the Panthers rave about Kulechy, we deserve to rave about Alec..

He's a playmaker.. Other than Quinn who has been crushing it and has a case for the best DE In the league, Alec has been right there with him on this defense. Let him add bulk just like Quinn and watch out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we keep Ogletree on the straight and narrow, he's going to be a really good player. Speed and fluidity to cover even the most athletic TEs, sideline to sideline range, has tackled effectively, can rush the passer and has had a knack this year for forced fumbles and big plays.

Graphicker

Starter
jrry32 said:
If we keep Ogletree on the straight and narrow, he's going to be a really good player. Speed and fluidity to cover even the most athletic TEs, sideline to sideline range, has tackled effectively, can rush the passer and has had a knack this year for forced fumbles and big plays.

He seems like a good dude on IG.. He's happy to be a NFL player and even tatted the day and the Nfl logo on his back..

His GF also seems to keep him on check lol.. Everything on IG he post are a good indicator that he has matured..

I follow a lot of athletes and Alec seems like a normal dude compared to others.. He's no JR Smith that's for sure.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Joat said:
Please quit reading into what people are saying and trying to stir the pot there's names for posters like that

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Joat said:

Posters from other teams have always been welcomed here on ROD. Trolls however...

I've seen your other posts. Good banter. Try to be better than a common troll.

All that being said, I'm sure that if any of your players EVER set an NFL record of ANY type, none of your fans would ever post anything about it on a Panther site. But then I guess we will never know - will we?

Anonymous

BigRamFan said:
Joat said:

But leading the team in tackles your rookie year, forcing 3 fumbles and taking an int in for a score in 6 games are all pretty good indicators. And, those are just the stats. Those of us who have actually, you know, watched him play, see great talent and potential. Obviously you are not aware of which you speak.

Oh certainly, but I didn't understand the correlation between the length of a int return and talent.

I read something today or yesterday that had Ogletree ranked around 10th in current ROY rankings. If I can find it again I'll post the link.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Joat said:
BigRamFan said:
Joat said:

Oh certainly, but I didn't understand the correlation between the length of a int return and talent.

I read something today or yesterday that had Ogletree ranked around 10th in current ROY rankings. If I can find it again I'll post the link.

I'd love to see that if you can find it. I just can't imagine 9 other defensive rookies out performing him. *Disclaimer* Nevermind if it was published by Bleacher Report or ESPN.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BigRamFan said:
Joat said:
BigRamFan said:
Joat said:

I'd love to see that if you can find it. I just can't imagine 9 other defensive rookies out performing him. *Disclaimer* Nevermind if it was published by Bleacher Report or ESPN.

Personally? DROY would be nice and I would certainly like it going to a Ram. For Alec's sake, I hope he does win it. But my point of the thread was merely that one of our Rams set a new NFL record. That's pretty cool.

I realize that Rams players and teams hold several NFL records so to many of us long time Rams fans it's just another in a long list. Worth noting - certainly. But just yet ANOTHER record.

I doesn't want any fans from other teams to feel bad or anything. Some day maybe one of their players or teams will hold some sort of record. :7up:

Anonymous

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264666/article/kiko-alonso-of-buffalo-bills-tops-list-of-best-rookies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... st-rookies</a>

1. Kiko Alonso, Buffalo Bills linebacker: The No. 46 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft leads the NFL in tackles (66) and interceptions (4). Although Alonso can thank a generous hometown scorer for the inflated tackles total, he's still been a difference-maker in Mike Pettine's defense.

15. Alec Ogletree, St. Louis Rams linebacker: Ogletree remains a work in progress, taking Magellan-like routes to the ball and missing too many tackles. His knack for big plays has been evident going back to the preseason, though.

Tavon is the first 'most disappointing rookie' listed.

This is all rookies, not just D.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Joat said:
Tavon is the first 'most disappointing rookie' listed.

This is all rookies, not just D.
And? I suggest you reorient yourself with your objective here. If it's to have conversations, you're more than welcome to hang out. If it's to troll, then your time here will be coming to an end soon.

Anonymous

Don't get butthurt, it was relevant to one of your players. If you're that sensitive to someone else's opinion (not mine, mind you) then perhaps you shouldn't be a mod/admin.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Joat said:
Don't get butthurt, it was relevant to one of your players. If you're that sensitive to someone else's opinion (not mine, mind you) then perhaps you shouldn't be a mod/admin.
Well, to be fair, I built and own the site. And when I did, I did so with the objective of having a fan site that was free of trolling. You can hardly fault me for having a vision and implementing it. So I say again, reorient yourself with your objective here (now with full knowledge of the situation) and make the right decision. If you'd rather act like a petulant child, then I really have no use for you.

With all due respect, of course. :ww:

Anonymous

I haven't come close to trolling. I posted a link to an article I was asked to link. Then I mentioned the two Ram players within the article.

I didn't take any shots, didn't even imply anything. I just posted the most relevant quote and added context to the mention of your other rookie. If you want to take that as trolling then that's your prerogative, but I think it's a pretty big stretch on your part.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Joat said:
Well, to be fair, I built and own the site. And when I did, I did so with the objective of having a fan site that was free of trolling. You can hardly fault me for having a vision and implementing it. So I say again, reorient yourself with your objective here (now with full knowledge of the situation) and make the right decision. If you'd rather act like a petulant child, then I really have no use for you.

With all due respect, of course. :ww:

tumblr_ly6jf14bbH1qdlh1io1_400.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Joat said:
I haven't come close to trolling. I posted a link to an article I was asked to link. Then I mentioned the two Ram players within the article.

I didn't take any shots, didn't even imply anything. I just posted the most relevant quote and added context to the mention of your other rookie. If you want to take that as trolling then that's your prerogative, but I think it's a pretty big stretch on your part.
Nobody asked you to post anything about Austin. And your first post in this thread was absolutely an attempt at trolling. You're also being disingenuous if you're taking the position that you're not doing any trolling on this board. So don't get "butthurt" either. You're just being checked is all.

And that's my prerogative as well.