This was educational as well as nostalgic

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Wow, what a splendid trip down memory lane. I remember that game but not how gutted they were due to injuries. After Jack's heroics in the previous year playoffs, he was double teamed frequently and even chipped by TE's that season which freed Freddy to do his thing. He was awesome quick with moves and a delight to watch including his "free spirit" behavior.
The detail in this article was very enjoyable and suggest all you guys to take some time, coffee or beer in hand and study every word of the poetry of this piece.
Thank you David Ray.

DeaconJones

Rookie
With so many mobile QBs the Rams seem to face, it would be interesting to try the cover-zero look with 11 men at the line (or thereabouts). Not sure we have the personnel to pull it off, but the surprise factor might make it successful in small quantities?

Too bad we lost the SB that year - maybe folks would have remembered this game more. Nice that it happened in Seattle.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
This was back when I actually liked Seattle (after the Rams or course). They didn't televise the game on TV in our state back then so I knew more of the record and numbers after buying an LA Times from a bookstore in Hawaii a few days later. I still have those same newspaper clips in an album. Turney's a great statistician, I always like reading up on stuff from that guy. Not sure exactly why the Steelers got rid of Carson as their DC, but their loss was our gain.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Great article. This portion fully illustrates why I hate the phrase "defense wins championships"

The Rams defense had a strong reputation during the previous 15 years or so, call it 1966-78. In fact, for the Decade of the 1970s—1970-79, the Rams defense allowed the fewest total yards, the fewest rushing yards, the fewest rushing touchdowns, sack the most quarterbacks and allowed the second-fewest points, posted the most shutouts, the second-most defensive scores, the fourth-most interceptions, and the fourth-best defensive passer rating. They were a great defense in all phases—run-stopping, coverage, and pass-rushing.

However, they did not get quite as much publicity due to the annual failures in the playoffs, losing to Dallas or Minnesota every year they made the playoffs in the 70s.

The defenses of those years were better than what we had in either 1999 or 2021 (even when you factor in Donald) ... yet those teams never won championships.