This team is so exciting now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
LOL at people saying Clemens is more exciting.
If by exciting you mean "Is he gonna fumble, throw a pick six, or make a pass?" then yes, he is more exciting cuz he is erratic and inconsistent. (For God's sake he threw 14 passes yesterday)

Bradford is MUCH more efficient, a MUCH better QB, and if he had a RUNNING GAME while he was healthy, he wouldve even had more impressive numbers.

Just my opinion.

Yep.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think Bradford has a better arm, quicker release and is definitely more accurate than Clemens. Heck as far as arm strength and accuracy goes, Sam is top 5 in the league

I do think Clemens makes his reads better, I mean he just seems to anticipate who will become open better than Sam. Perhaps, he could teach something to SB. He also is more aware of pass rushing presence around him than Sam. If you could take those things that Clemens has and add them to Sam he would be an elite QB in my opinion.

I just think Sam really needs to work on anticipating the defense more and pocket awareness and then he could be very, very good

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That's pretty much all I was saying ^^. Careful though, apparently that opinion makes us lol worthy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I do think Clemens makes his reads better, I mean he just seems to anticipate who will become open better than Sam.
I don't understand how you could know that. In the times you've seen receivers get as open as Tavon was last week when Bradford was QB, did he fail to connect with them? Like Givens, for example? Or Gibson? Or Amendola? Or Alexander? And you mentioned how accurate he is as well. Wouldn't that translate to finding a receiver who isn't open and hitting him anyway?

That's pretty much all I was saying. Careful though, apparently that opinion makes us lol worthy.
And you're more than entitled to have that opinion. But if you feel as though someone is attacking you, and not your opinion, you have to let me know about it so that you don't invest a lot of time revenge posting.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't understand how you could know that. In the times you've seen receivers get as open as Tavon was last week when Bradford was QB, did he fail to connect with them? Like Givens, for example? Or Gibson? Or Amendola? Or Alexander? And you mentioned how accurate he is as well. Wouldn't that translate to finding a receiver who isn't open and hitting him anyway?
I hear what you're saying, and in no way am I saying we should dump SB or that he's a lost cause. I still believe he is our starting QB. I do think that overall he is better than Clemens, no doubt. But people have posted here since the beginning of the season times when a WR is as open as TA was and he was ignored by SB. Now I'm sure that happens on every play to every QB, but it seemed like, at least against the Titans, Clemens was able to find the open guys.

I do believe Sam has the ability to throw to a WR who is covered and get it to him...Clemens does not have that ability; not many QBs do. It sometimes feels like his downfall. In other words, there might be a play designed for TA in the flat. Because SB is so accurate he can hit him and the Rams move the ball 4 yards whether he was covered or not. Clemens doesn't have that ability, so I think he has been relying more on his reads his entire career and that is, in my opinion, why he might see the field better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hear what you're saying, and in no way am I saying we should dump SB or that he's a lost cause. I still believe he is our starting QB. I do think that overall he is better than Clemens, no doubt.
Yeah, but that's not the point of my post. I think that's where the disconnect is around here. People can be critical of Sam without it meaning anything other than that. And those kinds of conversations can be mutually exclusive of talk about Clemens. I'm just concentrating on how people can *see* what Bradford sees. As we, ourselves as seen, there are plays left on the field for all QBs. I think the memory of Bradford just faded too quickly this year.

RamzFanz

Damnit
What sucks the most about this whole discussion is this probably would have been the year when we could have put these doubts to rest one way or the other. Bradford was on pace for a great season despite the drops and I think we win 2 or 3 of the last 3 with him at the helm. Sucks.

I do like watching KC though, he's a fighter.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, but that's not the point of my post. I think that's where the disconnect is around here. People can be critical of Sam without it meaning anything other than that. And those kinds of conversations can be mutually exclusive of talk about Clemens. I'm just concentrating on how people can *see* what Bradford sees. As we, ourselves as seen, there are plays left on the field for all QBs. I think the memory of Bradford just faded too quickly this year.

This is where this discussion has went so wrong. No one i dont think, is discounting what Bradford has done, I dont like the dude and still give him credit for his arm strength and accuracy. But he has weaknesses, i dont think him and KC have the weaknesses or strengths. The whole point was my personal enjoyment of the way he plays.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
This is where this discussion has went so wrong. No one i dont think, is discounting what Bradford has done, I dont like the dude and still give him credit for his arm strength and accuracy. But he has weaknesses, i dont think him and KC have the weaknesses or strengths. The whole point was my personal enjoyment of the way he plays.

Just curious Jugs, why don't you like SB? He is obviously the QB of your favorite team. This just doesn't compute from my viewpoint. Add to that fact that, by all accounts, he is a "good person", works hard, a team and community leader. Just trying to understand your viewpoint. What's not to like?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't wanna get into a hate argument on Bradford...it all starts with I'm almost as big of a Mizzou fan and a Rams fan. So its fair to say that i despised him at OU. Then we drafted him and paid him an ungodly amount. And i understand that that comes with the territory of drafting a QB 1st over all before the current CBA. I do not know if he is a good guy, I've never met him, he seems like an alright dude, but that isn't why I'm not a fan. But I refuse to be pulled into this kind of debate, it would turn ugly quick. If it makes you feel better, i also, didn't much care for Warner, and still don't. So its probably just a problem with my personal issues. But for what its worth, i hope he becomes a great QB, and i stick up for him every chance i get outside of this board. Bottom line is he is a Ram, and i have his back. But i wouldn't be terribly upset if when his contract is up, he was no longer here. That's as far as I'm willing to take it.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Fair enough, I was honestly just curious. Also, I understand to a degree. Being a UNC alum I dislike anyone who played basketball at Duke.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm just thankful we don't have any damn jay hawks on the roster.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Pocket awareness----MAYBE. But let's put DR in again and get 30 yards a game on the ground and see if Clemens can do it by himself.
I think Stacy and the defense stepping up big time has been the biggest point of emphasis.

Clemens stats are what they always are-average to below average of every starting QB in the NFL. Which is exactly why he is and will always be a backup.
I don't get how so many think it's all because of Clemens. Not even freaking close. :uhm:

FWIW- The exciting offense is average the exact same PPG with Clemens as it was for Bradford.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And you're more than entitled to have that opinion. But if you feel as though someone is attacking you, and not your opinion, you have to let me know about it so that you don't invest a lot of time revenge posting.

Nah, it's fine. I will just make sure I don't post on certain subjects anymore. Sucks though, because as you may well know, I have been a Bradford supporter all along. I just don't think he is beyond criticism the way some on here do. While I support KC and think he had a good game last week, I would not be surprised to see him revert to making mistakes against Chicago. I never came close to saying he was better than SB or should be our QB going forward. I simply said I like some of the things he brings to the table. Oh well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nah, it's fine. I will just make sure I don't post on certain subjects anymore. Sucks though, because as you may well know, I have been a Bradford supporter all along. I just don't think he is beyond criticism the way some on here do. While I support KC and think he had a good game last week, I would not be surprised to see him revert to making mistakes against Chicago. I never came close to saying he was better than SB or should be our QB going forward. I simply said I like some of the things he brings to the table. Oh well.
Dude. Don't suppress your expression around here. If that starts to happen due to pressure, then I don't want to run this board anymore. That's not a part of my vision.

You feel me?