This team is so exciting now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Didn't Jerry post some great stats a few weeks ago showing that Bradford had on of the lowest sack percentages in the league, and was one of the best at getting it out quickly?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

He just sent me a text and said he is going to pick up my car payment this month and buy me that new gas grill I have been thinking about. How did he even know I was considering it? He is amazing!

All I'll say is our O line must be amazingly good, over Sam's last 10 games the O line was 8th for sacks per pass attempt, with a QB who was putting up top 10 numbers, and yet has no pocket presence and is a statue, Sam must have had all day back there. Really makes you appreciate how great they are with Clemens back there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lebowski.gif

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Clemens cannot make all the throws that Bradford can. His arm is neither strong enough nor accurate enough to make the throws that Bradford can.

But Clemens is more demonstrative than Bradford. And that comes off as gutsy to some. I think that if Clemens was the QB at the start of the season he would have looked like a rah-rah guy who was getting his ass kicked.

But with the team playing much better now, as was expected, Clemens may be able to play his game successfully. Heck, Joe Kapp, who couldn't throw the ball well, had success with a very strong supporting cast in the late 60's. Then Tarkenton returned to the Vikings and replaced the limited Kapp.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow. God forbid anyone be happy with the play of *our* QB. I don't care if he is the starter, backup or some guy who was stocking super market shelves a week ago (wink wink), if he is wearing horns, I roll with him. Seems like a lot of people are getting upset that some of us are happy with the way KC played this week....as if that in itself is somehow a slight against Bradford. Un flippin believable. I have been a Bradford supporter all along, does that mean I should go over to Kellen's house and kick his dog?? How DARE he play well for us!!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sorry but I have found it less exciting as I still don't think the rams can make it to postseason anymore. It's nice but it doesn't get the juices flowing. Now if Bradford was still in there with the team playing like this I suspect the rams would be 6 and 4. Now that would have been exciting.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wow. God forbid anyone be happy with the play of *our* QB. I don't care if he is the starter, backup or some guy who was stocking super market shelves a week ago (wink wink), if he is wearing horns, I roll with him. Seems like a lot of people are getting upset that some of us are happy with the way KC played this week....as if that in itself is somehow a slight against Bradford. Un flippin believable. I have been a Bradford supporter all along, does that mean I should go over to Kellen's house and kick his dog?? How DARE he play well for us!!!
You're trippin'. Nobody is upset with how Clemens is playing. It was the comparisons made to Bradford in the opening salvo of this thread. I, for one, am *thrilled* that he's playing as well as he's playing. I stuck my neck out for that dude when nobody else wanted to, and he's rewarding me nicely. I just think it's a little bit of a stretch to say that the team is suddenly better because KC stepped in behind center is all. The rest is just sarcasm.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Bradford was playing at a high level before he got injured. The team did him no favors..

@ Carolina

3-1-STL 29 (13:23) (Shotgun) 8-S.Bradford pass incomplete short right to 83-B.Quick (drop by Quick. Could have extended the drive)
----------------------
2-10-CAR 42 (4:06) (Shotgun) 8-S.Bradford pass short left to 11-T.Austin to CAR 35 for 7 yards (21-M.Mitchell). FUMBLES (21-M.Mitchell), RECOVERED by CAR-41-C.Munnerlyn at CAR 37. 41-C.Munnerlyn to CAR 37 for no gain (Austin fumbles. Leaves at least 3 points off the board)
----------------------
1-10-STL 37 (13:25) 8-S.Bradford pass deep left to 11-T.Austin for 63 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on STL-77-J.Long, Tripping, 10 yards, enforced at STL 37 - No Play. (Bradford's beautiful deep pass to Austin nullified by dumb penalty. 7 points off the board.)
---------------------
3-7-CAR 24 (9:19) (Shotgun) 8-S.Bradford pass incomplete deep left to 83-B.Quick. (Quick drops perfect pass from Bradford in the endzone. 3 points instead of 7)
--------------------

That's 17 points we could have had.

My point is Bradford was getting the job done. Clemens is managing the game well thanks to our revitalized run game.

Did you read either of the first two posts?

It just seems that our offense is more exciting now that Bradford is out...Bradford was a statue and did his line no favours...I will take 250 yards of down field action all day over 35 7-10 yard passes...I think a lot of that starts with the different style of QB play.

He moves much better in the pocket and makes plays that Sam would almost certainly not have. The 80+ yarder to Tavon is a good example of that....I wonder if that is due to his timidness with throwing the intermediate routes

How could anyone possibly read that as a slight against Bradford? :rolleyes:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Actually, no one has attacked you, the poster. They have, however, taken issue with your post. The debate over how good Bradford is will continue even with him IR.

I'm under no illusions over Clemens' skills. I am optimistic that the team is improving despite having to use a backup QB. What has me excited is the big-play potential, on Offense, Defense and Special Teams. But to say that Bradford wouldn't have taken advantage of the plays that Clemens did is a bit forgetful. After all, Bradford hit Tavon for a long TD against Carolina.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, no one has attacked you, the poster. They have, however, taken issue with your post. The debate over how good Bradford is will continue even with him IR.

I'm under no illusions over Clemens' skills. I am optimistic that the team is improving despite having to use a backup QB. What has me excited is the big-play potential, on Offense, Defense and Special Teams. But to say that Bradford wouldn't have taken advantage of the plays that Clemens did is a bit forgetful. After all, Bradford hit Tavon for a long TD against Carolina.

All I said was that KC made a good play by stepping up and delivering a tough throw with a LB rushing in his face. I have seen Sam face that same situation and turtle. I also saw the throw Sam made to Cook with pressure from the backside against Houston. Probably the best throw I have seen him make in a Rams uniform. I just don't see him making that PARTICULAR throw that KC made, and that is all I ever said. If people want to take issue with that simple statement, so be it. It is an observation and simple opinion. Maybe I should have prefaced it with "Kellen is a useless shlub, and cannot make 99% of the throws that Sam does, but...". Gotta keep everyone happy I guess.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stuck my neck out for that dude when nobody else wanted to, and he's rewarding me nicely.

As did I.

I just think it's a little bit of a stretch to say that the team is suddenly better because KC stepped in behind center is all. The rest is just sarcasm.

I never ever made that statement, haha. Maybe I am being confused with some others.....

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think some of you are associating the emotional feeling that a better playing Rams team has given with Clemens on the field.

Clemens played pretty darn good yesterday...but he didn't propel the team into that win. He made a couple nice throws to Tavon...made some nice check downs that went for first downs.

I also believe that the Rams may be sitting here at 6-4 rather than 4-6 if Bradford was playing the past 3 weeks. That crossing pattern TD is the exact pass Bradford makes all the time and gets criticized for...it just so happens that Austin found that space we've been desperate for.

I said it immediately after Bradford went down that right now Clemens is the Rams best option to try and win. 3 weeks later that still holds true. Clemens is performing as well as you could ask a backup to. However, if he doesn't keep it up or improve then I still see the logic in playing the younger Davis down the stretch...I'm hoping that doesn't happen as it would mean we are still competing every week.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you read either of the first two posts?

How could anyone possibly read that as a slight against Bradford? :rolleyes:

That's adorable that you took one part of my response and ignored the others parts where I make mention of how Sam is the better QB and that I am just going to roll with the next man up and support the team. :rolleyes: