This team is so exciting now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It just seems that our offense is more exciting now that Bradford is out. I don't think Clemens is the answer by any damn means, but I think a better version of him is. Someone with his pocket awareness is helpful, Bradford was a statue and did his line no favors. I also like his mentality of going down field. I will take 250 yards of down field action all day over 35 7-10 yard passes. I haven't seen Clemens throw a whole lot of crap at the LOS. I just enjoy the games more now. I know that our D comin around helps and having Stacy playing well helps. But I think a lot of that starts with the different style of QB play.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Funny, 2 of my friends (non Rams fans) txt me that they thought the same thing. Not that KC is better than SB, just that he is more fun to watch, haha. Hard to know how good Sam would have been with Stacy tearin up shit, but I do like some of what KC brings to the table. He moves much better in the pocket and makes plays that Sam would almost certainly not have. The 80+ yarder to Tavon is a good example of that. Sam is certainly the more polished passer skill wise, and he makes far less mistakes, but I wonder if that is due to his timidness with throwing the intermediate routes. I am just going to enjoy the ride and hope our youngsters get some more confidence and hope if snowballs. I think it is Stedmans turn to have a breakout performance. Make it happen.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
agreed

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The team *is* more exciting to watch, but it has little to do with Clemens. And I'm a Clemens fan. 500 yards rushing in 3 games, special teams TDs, fumble recovery TDs, more sacks, rushing touchdowns, a resurgent defense, etc. I mean, c'mon man. There's more happening than just Clemens playing scrappy. And I think you're confusing "pocket awareness" with "quick to bail" as it relates to Clemens. Nobody who's ever accused Bradford of having no pocket awareness has ever been able to qualify that statement. Maybe you just need to remember...

bluecoconuts

Legend
I 100% disagree that Bradford is a statue that does his line no favors.

I also disagree that Bradford doesn't look down field.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not to be a dick but the 81 yarder was a short crossing route, it had nothing to do with making a deep throw. The 57 yarder was a deep throw, KC has been throwin mostly short stuff just like SB was. The only difference I have noticed is KC does move around better in the pocket, but he is also less accurate, although his accuracy wasnt bad yesterday. Sorry if I came off as a dick, but I just felt SB needed to be defended cause I feel he and KC were both being misrepresented in this thread.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Jesus, how did I know this was going to turn into a shit show. I NEVER said that was a long throw, what I was stating was that KC slid up (jumped really) in the pocket and quickly got the ball out. Obviously Tavon did the rest. Not saying Sam can't do that either, just not sure he would have in that situation. Sheesh, can anyone even have an opinion on here anymore and not get hammered for it?? Did I say one negative thing about Bradford?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How in the hell can you argue with him having more awareness. I love his "bailing" he extends plays. Bradford takes sacks that he shouldn't IMO. And how often does Bradford look down field? Not nearly enough. He gets more passing plays so the quantity might be there, but Bradford couldn't find anyone open, the whole first 5 weeks we were all trying to figure out where everyone was. Like they were all just blanketed and the only thing we could do was a sting of 5 yard passes froma 7 step drop and hope the receiver made something happen. Myself and you fellas, will never see eye to eye on this.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jesus, how did I know this was going to turn into a shyte show. I NEVER said that was a long throw, what I was stating was that KC slid up (jumped really) in the pocket and quickly got the ball out. Obviously Tavon did the rest. Not saying Sam can't do that either, just not sure he would have in that situation. Sheesh, can anyone even have an opinion on here anymore and not get hammered for it?? Did I say one negative thing about Bradford?
I could not agree more with this, god forbid someone have an opinion and folks take it for what it's worth. I'm not talking about his ability compared to Bradford. Bradford is better across the board. But Clemens makes it exciting TO ME. I enjoy his style of play much more than Bradford's. And X, don't be a dick, lol I couldn't figure out how to edit the title once I realized I said "I" instead of "is"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How in the hell can you argue with him having more awareness. I love h "bailing" he extends plays. Bradford takes sacks that he shouldn't IMO. And how often does Bradford look down field? Not nearly enough. He gets more passing plays so the quantity might be there, but Bradford couldn't find anyone open, the whole first 5 weeks we were all trying to figure out where everyone was. Like they were all just blanketed and the only thing we could do was a sting of 5 yard passes froma 7 step drop and hope the receiver made something happen. Myself and you fellas, will never see eye to eye on this.
What're you getting so upset about? I have a different opinion about Bradford, but I'm not about to shove it down your throat. If you want to say he's a lesser QB in the pocket than Clemens, then go on with your bad self. I, myself, find it kinda hilarious how everyone wanted to jump ship, start Davis, fire Schotty, and sign Tebow after Clemens' first two games. Now? Now he's a gawd. lol. I'll do you a favor and check out of this thread. I didn't realize you wanted everyone to agree with you and move on.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And X, don't be a dick, lol I couldn't figure out how to edit the title once I realized I said "I" instead of "is"
Don't be a dick? That's how I put emphasis on a word. Instead of DOING THIS or [hl]this[/hl], I do *this*.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I never said any of those above statements. I woulda liked to see Davis have a shot and see what happened, but Clemens stepped up. He isnt great, but i dont feel like he is costing us a lot outside of that first game. This is twice now ive said a similar statement about this subject, and both times, it gets attacked. I never attack anyones shit. I dt mind people havin an opinion but i dont get what they see that i don't. I swear its like we arent watching the same damn game.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Don't be a dick? That's how I put emphasis on a word. Instead of DOING THIS or [hl]this[/hl], I do *this*.
Now who is being emotional, i just meant way to call me out! lol

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I agree with the majority of this, i still don't think he looks down field enough, hell maybe he doesn't trust our guys and Clemens just doesn't know better...But I like it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The team *is* more exciting to watch, but it has little to do with Clemens. And I'm a Clemens fan. 500 yards rushing in 3 games, special teams TDs, fumble recovery TDs, more sacks, rushing touchdowns, a resurgent defense, etc. I mean, c'mon man. There's more happening than just Clemens playing scrappy. And I think you're confusing "pocket awareness" with "quick to bail" as it relates to Clemens. Nobody who's ever accused Bradford of having no pocket awareness has ever been able to qualify that statement. Maybe you just need to remember...

Clemens fixed the running game, special teams play, sparked the defense and did it all without any help from the coaches.

He is amazing. The way he returned that punt was almost Tavonesque IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Now who is being emotional, i just meant way to call me out! lol
:disappoint:

I wasn't calling you out. I said the way I emphasize words is to flank them with asterisks. As in enunciating a word.
For example, "The team IS more exciting" (as in I was agreeing with you ... not pointing out your typo).

FFS. This thread has lost all meaning.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Everyone just wants to be a goddamn smart ass and pull shit out of context, fuck it, i'm out!

lasvegasrams

Rookie
LOL at people saying Clemens is more exciting.
If by exciting you mean "Is he gonna fumble, throw a pick six, or make a pass?" then yes, he is more exciting cuz he is erratic and inconsistent. (For God's sake he threw 14 passes yesterday)

Bradford is MUCH more efficient, a MUCH better QB, and if he had a RUNNING GAME while he was healthy, he wouldve even had more impressive numbers.

Just my opinion.