This Place is a Fan Lifeline

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I don't think we will ever see another Faulk LoyalRam, it's unlikely anyway. He was just unusually special in so many ways and could do so many things. I like Gurley and I hope he has a HOF career but he will never be Faulk.

Faulk is special. The guy was so talented as a running back and as a receiver, and then add on the fact he is a freaking brainiac about the game. Marshall standing up Az-Hakim to take the spike was just one example of his genius. Kurt was having a freakishly good year, but Marshall sent them to the Superbowl.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I feel ya, my interest for the NFL in general continues to wane but this is the sanctuary that keeps me from being fully apathetic about the Rams. It's nice having a group with individuals of different backgrounds just sit back and enjoy their discussing and watching their favorite team

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I was just about to post the question, What was the Rams record in 1998? 4-12, the year before? 5-11 Nine consecutive seasons without going to the post-season yet they win the Super Bowl the next season. So let the so called experts and pundits squawk all they want. This year's team may do incredible things and the only people that see that it is possible just may be us here at ROD. That's fine with me. Makes the party that much sweeter!!!!!:rockon::cheers::rockon:

Exactly. Without comparing directly to that '99 team, I see similarities. This may not be the Perfect Storm of '99, but this team is turning into something special. I love being under the radar, too.

Media types are just lazy sheep, for the most part. They scan headlines, go along with the IN crowd, and don't want to ruffle any feathers. No independent journalistic research. No unbiased eye.Lazy

The exceptions, unfortunately, are either fan-boys for the positive, or agenda-driven guys for the negative. (I hate Stan!, I hate that the Rams 'abandoned STL', or I am a Niner, or Shehawk stooge!) And that is what we are seeing a lot here.

Case in point, the main story emphasized Sammy Watkins being injured a lot, but not the upside to the Rams. They emphasized the 2nd round pick we gave up, and how PARCHED the Rams are for draft picks to fill this talentless roster!

Then they said we gave up a starting cornerback, in Gaines. Now, all reports are EJ was doing well in camp, but I think it was clear he sat behind Tru, Webster and Robey-Coleman. But, when your narrative is "the Rams are fools", you list him as a starter.:rolleyes:

ninedeuce

Rookie
I truly believe that the schedule is set up for us to have a strong start:

1) Colts possibly (probably?) without Luck
2) Skins still adjusting to life without Jackson, Garcon and McVay. Coach's familiarity with their defensive personel
3) @9ers on a Thursday night
4) @Cowgirls without Elliot
5) Hawks who we always give trouble to
6) @Jaguars that are probably improved but beatable

If we can find a way to 4-2 before the London trip, I think we can seriously think about the playoffs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Risky, desperate, foolish, are just some of the adjectives used to describe the Ram's move for Watkins today. Keyshawn Johnson did like the move
This^ bothers me a little! Anything Keyshawn Johnson likes, I worry about!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I truly believe that the schedule is set up for us to have a strong start:

1) Colts possibly (probably?) without Luck
2) Skins still adjusting to life without Jackson, Garcon and McVay. Coach's familiarity with their defensive personel
3) @9ers on a Thursday night
4) @Cowgirls without Elliot
5) Hawks who we always give trouble to
6) @Jaguars that are probably improved but beatable

If we can find a way to 4-2 before the London trip, I think we can seriously think about the playoffs.
You just described our 1st 6 Wins! So don't worry about being 4-2 going into London, where the Crowd will be on our side!!(y);):D

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I was just watching John Fassel's commentary from yesterday and thinking how amazing McVay's cultural ripple effect has been already, in such a short time. It seems palpable and more powerful than I initially thought it'd be. I am extremely optimistic about our long term future. For example, if we started 3-1 this year I would have full faith it would only be a springboard to getting even better the remainder of the season. I can't envision this ripple effect slowing in any way.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
If the pats GB Giants cowboys panthers Atlanta had made the trade for Watkins the media would be having a party in their pants and everyone would be invited
I

An unexpected mental image that I must admit made me laugh

Well done :banana:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
3-1 before the wheels fell off

Yeah, and the fact is they were in some games to the end that got away from them.

Could have been 7-9 easily.

Detroit
Miami
Buffalo
Giants
2nd Whiner game