THIS is the Gurley We Get in the Divisional Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look at the video of Todd Gurley in the 1st half of the season. There are reports that he suffered some knee soreness even during the 1st half of the season, but the rest of his body was fresh. It will be similar in the divisional round and will not have been hit by opposing defensive players for almost a full month. Add to that treatment which should make the knee better (hopefully) than in the beginning of the season.

I believe Todd will have another gear in this game, and will be a monster in the receiving game. With C.J. Anderson, the team has an embarrassment of riches at the RB position. Anderson himself has not endured the wear and tear of a full season of play, although he did play hard in the last two games, he will get a weeks rest. McVay should create a game plan that wears out the opposing defense which has not gotten a break with our two sledgehammer RB's, for 60 minutes...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQW1o2vXRsI

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Look at the video of Todd Gurley in the 1st half of the season. There are reports that he suffered some knee soreness even during the 1st half of the season, but the rest of his body was fresh. It will be similar in the divisional round and will not have been hit by opposing defensive players for almost a full month. Add to that treatment which should make the knee better (hopefully) than in the beginning of the season.

I believe Todd will have another gear in this game, and will be a monster in the receiving game. With C.J. Anderson, the team has an embarrassment of riches at the RB position. Anderson himself has not endured the wear and tear of a full season of play, although he did play hard in the last two games, he will get a weeks rest. McVay should create a game plan that wears out the opposing defense which has not gotten a break with our two sledgehammer RB's, for 60 minutes...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQW1o2vXRsI

I would love to see a drive where we run the ball 12 times in a row for a score, subbing between Gurley and CJ, and using the jet sweep.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would love to see a drive where we run the ball 12 times in a row for a score, subbing between Gurley and CJ, and using the jet sweep.
...And then start the same way in the 2nd drive, with Goff launching a bomb to Robert Woods for a TD....

Bears 0
Rams 14 (1st quarter)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Injury Report 1/2: Gurley, Whitworth and Joyner expected to be ready for playoffs

Myles Simmons
https://www.therams.com/news/injury-report-1-2-gurley-on-track-to-play-in-divisional-round

While the Rams will not issue an official injury report until the start of their practice week for the Divisional round, head coach Sean McVay had positive news to share on some of the Rams’ key contributors Wednesday afternoon.

McVay said running back Todd Gurley (knee) and safety Lamarcus Joyner (ankle) are both making good progress, and should be ready for Los Angeles’ matchup with the NFC’s highest-remaining seed on Jan. 12. McVay also said that All-Pro left tackle Andrew Whitworth should be able to practice on Thursday after knocking knees with another player during Sunday’s victory over the 49ers.

Safety Blake Countess, however, is still in concussion protocol after exiting the game against San Francisco.

On Gurley, McVay noted that L.A. will continue to take it slow with the running back to ensure that he’s at his best for Jan. 12.

“I think the next couple days, we’ll really get a chance to see how he’s progressed,” McVay said, noting that there’s a chance Gurley could be a full participant when practices for the Divisional round begin next week. “But he is making good progress, moving around pretty good.”

McVay also said that Gurley was running on an anti-gravity treadmill on Wednesday and appeared to be feeling good.

Gurley missed the last two games of the regular season after suffering from knee inflammation against the Eagles. Gurley himself said it wasn’t any one singular play, but instead the buildup of wear and tear that brought on the discomfort.

Despite playing just 14 games, Gurley finished with a league-leading 21 total touchdowns and 17 rushing touchdowns. He ended 2018 with 1,251 yards rushing and 59 receptions for 580 yards.

dang

Legend
I don't know about the rest of you but this very slow recovery of Gurley and @75% assurance that he will be ready for the 2nd round playoff game is not as reassuring as I had hoped at this point. It appears to be much more than precautionary. I guess we will have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best until we hear definitively next Weds/Thurs???

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know about the rest of you but this very slow recovery of Gurley and @75% assurance that he will be ready for the 2nd round playoff game is not as reassuring as I had hoped at this point. It appears to be much more than precautionary. I guess we will have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best until we hear definitively next Weds/Thurs???
I don't buy it. McVay is hyper cautious is all. They were willing to sit Gurley vs. the Cardinals because, well, they are the Cardinals. Once Anderson ran for 167 yards, he was even less willing to use Gurley until he had to vs the Niners. Last year showed McVay's mindset in wanting to rest everyone vs the Niners, which I freaking hated. If we hd played a play off team in the place of the Cards, I bet we would have seen Gurley that game, ONLY because of the 1st round bye.

dang

Legend
The pessimist in me saw some issues with Gurley's running style going back to the Chiefs game. His lateral cuts were not as sharp and while he was able to get from 1st gear to 2nd gear just fine all year - I didn't see that top end 3rd gear speed in the 2nd half of the season. All is well if the rest brings Gurley anywhere close to 100% in the playoffs. The optimist in me says the discovery of Anderson not only allows for some relief for Gurley but brings another dimension to a Rams offense that was honestly struggling for a stretch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
RB is similar to QB in that whenever the OL gets their @$$es kicked they are positions that get blamed. Hopefully our OL brings it at home in round two and our defense balls out. From there Gurley might not be the guy we lean on, but he'll be celebrating like we did. Gonna need a full team effort to advance.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RB is similar to QB in that whenever the OL gets their @$$es kicked they are positions that get blamed. Hopefully our OL brings it at home in round two and our defense balls out. From there Gurley might not be the guy we lean on, but he'll be celebrating like we did. Gonna need a full team effort to advance.
Give the Oline the easier duty to run block, as compared to pass blocking, we should have better success...especially against the Bears

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Don't we also get back Malcolm Brown for the playoffs? Maybe the Rams need to activate any OL depth from the practice squad as our RB corps looks to be upgraded and healthy.

I hav a feeling McVay might cook up a few tricks with Gurley and CJ on the field.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Brown is on IR and will not be back this year.