This is some BS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-11-24_12-17-55.png

I'm waiting for them to add in the All 22 and Endzone cams, then I'll upload the play, the NFL doesn't seem to enforce the copywrite on those as much.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@rhinobean Holding, illegal use of hands...complete BS...game changing call. Made for what? Dudes are trying to become too much a story of the game....Until they are threatened with replacement, in season...nothing will change...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope Fisher will be active in the offseason with the competition committee.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I honestly think the ref saw the SD player hit his own guy in the back and thought it was the Rams player. Still not a good excuse but otherwise the ref was calling something he thought might happen. In the end? Another bullshit call and something needs to be done about these refs. Stop throwing flags just to be an influence on the game. I keep saying it but it just keeps getting worse. NO ONE IS WATCHING THESE GAMES TO SEE YOU ZEBRAS!!! Get that through your fucking heads!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Hope Fisher will be active in the offseason with the competition committee.
I had to listen to some of the game on Sirus, Bolts home broadcast. All they did was bash Fisher for having the refs in his pocket, Fisher's teams never get bad calls, He gets favoritism ETC. cause he's on the committee.
I shat you not.
I dropped my cocktail when I heard it.

Bad' Bad reffing is everywhere in every game. The officials are graded every week. but nothing changes.
And as they add more rules it will get worse.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Don't forget the bull crap hands to the face. That play is called when the offender is about to rip a helmet off. Freak SD and their crappy refs.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I'm starting to think coaches should be allowed to challenge a penalty. With the increasing technology, any call is under much more scrutiny and failures more easily identifiable. It was probably always there, but now, it's much more easily caught and is making the refs look increasingly bad. We have replay to correct calls related to plays and players, why not expand to penalties as well, they certainly can be a turning point in a game. I'm not looking to increase the number of challenges, just expand the scope where they can be used.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Hands to the face was a legit call. The hold was a bogus call but it worked to the Rams favor so I'm not sweatin' it.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Hands to the face was a legit call. The hold was a bogus call but it worked to the Rams favor so I'm not sweatin' it.
I saw the hands to the face and I can understand why a zebra might call it! However, the defender knocked his hands up into his facemask. Ticky tacky call, IMO

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Jeff Fischer keeps making comments about being in the competition committee about "well, if you open up the replay system to THIS type of play, what about THAT type of play. Where do you draw the line?"

I think the answer is simple. You don't draw any line at all. If the refs throw a flag, you should be able to challenge it. If the refs DON'T throw a flag, you should be able to challenge it. Any time the refs do or don't blow the whistle, you should be able to challenge it (e.g. was the forward momentum stopped when the player fumbled).

I also think they should increase the number of challenges, maybe 3 per half, where you get another one for every successful challenge. I don't think there should be any limitations on when you can challenge (e.g. 2 mins left in the half). I think the NFL should have to provide a public written statement for every challenge ruling. I think that any ref who is found to have missed more than one call in a game should be fined (sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander, right?). I think any ref who is found to have missed more than one call in favor or a particular team should be suspended without pay for a minimum of 2 weeks and investigated.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think the answer is simple. You don't draw any line at all. If the refs throw a flag, you should be able to challenge it. If the refs DON'T throw a flag, you should be able to challenge it. Any time the refs do or don't blow the whistle, you should be able to challenge it (e.g. was the forward momentum stopped when the player fumbled).
yup

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm still a firm believer the players should be able to throw a flag. 5 per team, it causes a review and, if confirmed, a penalty.

just give all 5 of the Rams' to Quinn.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeff Fischer keeps making comments about being in the competition committee about "well, if you open up the replay system to THIS type of play, what about THAT type of play. Where do you draw the line?"

I also think they should increase the number of challenges, maybe 3 per half, where you get another one for every successful challenge. I don't think there should be any limitations on when you can challenge (e.g. 2 mins left in the half). I think the NFL should have to provide a public written statement for every challenge ruling. I think that any ref who is found to have missed more than one call in a game should be fined (sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander, right?). I think any ref who is found to have missed more than one call in favor or a particular team should be suspended without pay for a minimum of 2 weeks and investigated.

It would water the game down too much. My opinion is this...you have your two challenges. You can challenge specific judgement calls such as targeting/defenseless player rules, roughing the passer, pass interference, and intentional grounding(can challenge an intentional grounding no call as well...but the rest of the rules, you cannot).

Unfortunately, you'd have to omit procedural penalties such as false start, offsides, etc. and non-specific judgement calls like holding, block in the back, illegal contact, etc.

Some will ask, why is holding omitted? Because on any given play, you're going to find holding somewhere. The refs will sometimes make a mistake on the number of the player being called. You shouldn't be able to get it overturned because they called out the wrong number. And unfortunately, they're going to be able to find a holding call that would justify the call standing if they really want to.

Whereas with roughing the passer or targeting, there's only one player that could have had the penalty committed against them(only one QB or one WR getting blown up on that play). So you can't claim, "Oh I made a mistake...I didn't mean holding on #77, I meant #67".

Ironically, you can already challenge penalties. Too many men on the field is a reviewable call IIRC.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I don't want to let a coach throw a flag for something that wasn't called.

I don't like the idea of fines either.

iced

hands to the face on GRob was a legit call, don't know why they thought it was barksdale