This is how Tavon should be used

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WvuIN02

Starter
Bruce Arians vs this coaching staff stuck in the 1970s for the last few years. As much as Suckenheimer was bad, Fisher hired him and directs the offense to play that kind of ball. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall when he played the Cardinals this year? Who knows, hopefully it changes next year.

No doubt Tavon would go off in Arians' offense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
J.Brown played well as a rookie with a veteran QB and a HOF WR next to him. I'm not ready to anoint him as the real deal quite yet. His sophomore season will be telling.
Chris Givens looked equally as promising his rookie year with next to nothing around him. Now he's in danger of finding a roster spot.

John Brown('14) Deep threat with speed, 3rd rd draft pick, Pittsburg St
16 games
48 rec 696 yds 5 TD's
14.5 avg/rec

Chris Givens('12) Deep threat with speed, 4th rd draft pick, Wake Forest
15 games
42 rec 698 yds 3 TD's
16.6 avg/rec

I do agree that T.Austin can do the things that J.Brown did his rookie year(and Tavon has more upside) but we need the big arm QB and an OC who can draw up these plays. Tavon also needs to step up. I have concerns that we drafted an excellent punt returner and little else.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Brown is a good player and hats off to the young man.

Tavon can do these things and more. I expect the Rams will use him differently in 2015.

ram007

Starter
It;s the QB that makes all of this work. Carson Palmer 13-2 in his last 15 games. We need Bradford in 2015 healthy.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
It;s the QB that makes all of this work. Carson Palmer 13-2 in his last 15 games. We need Bradford in 2015 healthy.

I can't argue with what you say. But, isn't it Stanton who is making most of the throws in this highlite video?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
How about we just start by using him in general? Then not stopping just because he has 1 positive play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
How about we just start by using him in general? Then not stopping just because he has 1 positive play.
No doubt. That goes for ANYTHING on offense that's working. Rarely did i see Shotty keep going to the well when something was really giving the defense trouble(especially in the run game). Pounding Z.Stacy vs Seattle at the dome in 2013 was an example of one time where he did say "You can't stop this and we're going to keep doing it until you do."

I'm encouraged by Cignetti here:
“If a team can’t stop something, then let’s keep attacking them,” Cignetti said. “But the openers, and the situational openers, that’s your road map. That’s what we’ve worked all week on designing to give us the best chance for success.”

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Cignetti-Introduced-as-Offensive-Coordinator/538c282a-8098-4433-8360-59a095f0654e

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
No doubt. That goes for ANYTHING on offense that's working. Rarely did i see Shotty keep going to the well when something was really giving the defense trouble(especially in the run game). Pounding Z.Stacy vs Seattle at the dome in 2013 was an example of one time where he did say "You can't stop this and we're going to keep doing it until you do."

I'm encouraged by Cignetti here:

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Cignetti-Introduced-as-Offensive-Coordinator/538c282a-8098-4433-8360-59a095f0654e

We'll have to see with Cig. The thing is he's so far under Fisher's thumb by getting this job now. Hopefully he won't be scared to call/write up what he wants, and not what he thinks Fisher wants. We need to start utilizing all the talent on the roster and attacking our opponents weaknesses. We can talk "ground and pound" philosophy all we want, which is fine, but we better really have a top 3 defense next year then. We're gonna need to actually be ready to play by game one this year too I'd imagine.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Better title would be, "This is how Tavon should play" I still remember when we were forcing the ball to him in 2013, and had to switch the offensive philosophy mid-season. Why, because Tavon was ineffective, dropping passes, limited in the playbook...I'd say he is the #1 reason Schotty was fired...I'm sure he wanted him, made Snisher draft him with promises (illusions?) of greatness...and had to backtrack, like, this kid is really lost out there...He won't be the first 1st round wr to flop. He will be the first pure slot wr to be drafted #8 overall to bust....Still sick about this pick...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll have to see with Cig. The thing is he's so far under Fisher's thumb by getting this job now. Hopefully he won't be scared to call/write up what he wants, and not what he thinks Fisher wants. We need to start utilizing all the talent on the roster and attacking our opponents weaknesses. We can talk "ground and pound" philosophy all we want, which is fine, but we better really have a top 3 defense next year then. We're gonna need to actually be ready to play by game one this year too I'd imagine.

I want to believe Cignetti (and Wienke) will be given enough autonomy that they can cure whatever ills Schottenheimer may have been causing (I say "may").

But I'm just not very confident that Jeff Fisher will wake up that first day of camp and tell those gentlemen: "OK, it's yours!"

And, if he does and things head south, I am confident he'll impose whatever changes he feels necessary to the offense.

I hope I'm wrong... but I don't have high expectations that the offense is going to get much better than it has been.

And I agree 100% about that start.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Not impressed, Tavon is a way better athlete. Just go look at his college highlights.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Or better go look at the game where he demolished the colts! (Player of the week)

jjab360

Legend
Better title would be, "This is how Tavon should play" I still remember when we were forcing the ball to him in 2013, and had to switch the offensive philosophy mid-season. Why, because Tavon was ineffective, dropping passes, limited in the playbook...I'd say he is the #1 reason Schotty was fired...I'm sure he wanted him, made Snisher draft him with promises (illusions?) of greatness...and had to backtrack, like, this kid is really lost out there...He won't be the first 1st round wr to flop. He will be the first pure slot wr to be drafted #8 overall to bust....Still sick about this pick...
Schotty wasn't fired...

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I've said it and got nailed for criticizing Shiteheimer but now that he is not a Rams coach we can actually call it like it was. He was shït after his script ran out of plays, rarely adjusted and at times forgot #11 was even on the roster ( except the times when he ran him up the middle) -_-

fearsomefour

Legend
Brown, Hilton, Jackson....there are plenty of small fast WRs that have success in the NFL.
The main thing I see as a difference between Austin and those guys is they are better route runners and have better hands. Hilton has the benefit of better QB to work with as does Brown when Palmer was playing. I really think it is a mix is scheme, QB and route running.
I certainly have seen enough of Austin running to a spot and stopping.....get the guy in motion and create space for him and he can make huge plays.