This is going to be SICK...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
...in GW's blizt packages:

If Joyner was about 2 inches taller and around 15 pounds heavier I think he would had been a top 20 pick! But, thankfully he isn't (taller) and wasn't (drafted in the top 20) since I think he was ANOTHER STEAL the Rams got in this past Draft!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
while watching that, did anyone even notice his lack of size? I didn't. All I see is a player who is explosive, who closes fast, and can TACKLE.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
wow, great video. Joyner looks to be a very explosive playmaker. I want to see him doing all those things for the rams. I am so ready for the season.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Joyner was about 2 inches taller and around 15 pounds heavier I think he would had been a top 20 pick! But, thankfully he isn't (taller) and wasn't (drafted in the top 20) since I think he was ANOTHER STEAL the Rams got in this past Draft!

Kid can deliver a hit. He's got some jets too.

Now that I'm picturing him on some exotic blitzes from GW... OMG.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
while watching that, did anyone even notice his lack of size? I didn't. All I see is a player who is explosive, who closes fast, and can TACKLE.

It's like watching a wolverine attack a big dog.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
There is one play in there where he crushes a much bigger TE from Notre Dame ... Wow. How plays MUCH bigger than his size.

I am really excited about this kid, and with his attitude, he's going to be a leader.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

He has everything you want, except he's small. But he doesn't play small. Ask Tyler Eifert if he plays small. Ask Chris Givens if he plays small, ask any of the other countless dudes who he laid out. But he has good technique about everything he does, so he's not a headhunter or a liability. Even on things like jump balls, you expect his size to be a detriment. But it's not, his impeccable timing allows him to get up there and get the ball, even with massive guys right there. He just plays the game at 200 mph, but he knows exactly what he's doing. And he's a leader, his personality is one of the best I've ever seen. I think within the next few seasons he's going to be a team captain, and I think he's the perfect player for Gregg Williams' defense and our team.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

Exactly, Coach.

I was thinking the same thing.

This kid is a true football player. A real playmaker, indeed.

I am SO pumped after watching that video.

Alan

Legend
I liked Tye Hill's highlights too. At the time we picked him (Joyner), he was the top player on my list of who I wanted but there is no doubt that there is a high risk of injury here. The honey badger looked really good until an injury put him out for the year.

Physics. :(

FRO

Legend
Agreed. He is a football player. He plays great in the box. I also like his range over the top. He can cover a lot of ground. He is going to be a move piece in our defense capable of playing the slot and deep safety in our defense. Great get in the second round. Good football player.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I never even thought of his size! Boy he's fast and hits hard! Definitely a 'Play-Maker!':D

FRO

Legend
I liked Tye Hill's highlights too. At the time we picked him (Joyner), he was the top player on my list of who I wanted but there is no doubt that there is a high risk of injury here. The honey badger looked really good until an injury put him out for the year.

Physics. :(
Didnt Tye Hill only have 3 career INTs or so? The only reason he was picked high was because he did great at the combine.

crazyhorns

Rookie
The kid has much better hands than I realize. very nice video. Alan I do not believe 2 inches is going to make him more injury prone. The kid is in good shape and seems to carry a big punch and knows how to hit without putting himself at high risk. When little guys try to hit up high that is when they tend to get injured. He seems to be appropriately aggressive and hits his targets well with leverage. He continues this he will be fine.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never watched Joyner in college, so some of you have the advantage of me. (From the above video)He hit hard in college, against smaller/slower players. Sometimes, he hit with the intent of stopping them, and from the video, he did a good job of it. In other plays, he wrapped up the ball carrier with good tackles. I am just concerned that even though he hits hard, it may not be enough by itself to take an NFL player out. I am very excited about the possibilities, however!

Alan

Legend
FRO relying on his memory:
Didnt Tye Hill only have 3 career INTs or so? The only reason he was picked high was because he did great at the combine.
I don't remember the exact details but I do think that he was rated as a first round pick, unlike Joyner, before the combine. Could be wrong though. Still, it has nothing to do with my point about his size/fragility.

My secondary point is that I don't look at highlights. meaningless to me.

I hope Joyner will be able to stay on the field. Especially with his playing style and attitude.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Dude, you can put Donald in that category too. You put 2 inches and 15 pounds on Donald and he's a top 10 pick.