This has been a bad football season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
The year started off with promise. It looked like our team could contend for the playoffs. Then the QB gets hurt for the year in the preseason. The team goes 6-10, but if the QB was healthy we could have had a winning year. Since we went 6-10 we are out of the running for one of the two only good QBs in the draft. Relocation rumors. Now the Patriots and the Seahawks are both in the Super Bowl. This has been a nightmare.

fancents86

Starter
I don't think we would be that much better with Bradford at the helm. At the beginning of the season our offense was fire. In fact Davis had some of the best qbr's in the league. Then our defense kicked in and our o line failed. Bradford would have more than likely been injured anyway this season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, it blows.

I don't think we would be that much better with Bradford at the helm. At the beginning of the season our offense was fire. In fact Davis had some of the best qbr's in the league. Then our defense kicked in and our o line failed. Bradford would have more than likely been injured anyway this season.

How many games did we lose that we were competitive in late? This will blow your mind. This is what Hill and Davis did in 2014 in the 4th quarter in games we were either tied or trailing:
27/50
54%
309 yards
6.2 YPA
0 TDs
9 Ints
33.3 QB Rating

You read that right. When we were either tied or trailing by one score in the fourth quarter, our QBs threw 0 TDs to 9 Ints.

Sam Bradford in 2012 and 2013 combined when we were either tied or trailing in the 4th quarter:
56/92
60.9%
578 yards
6.3 YPA
4 TDs
2 Ints
84.4 QB Rating

That's where the difference would have been made. When the games were close late, Bradford would not have made the backbreaking mistakes that cost us games or have folded mentally.

paceram

Pro Bowler
The year started off with promise. It looked like our team could contend for the playoffs. Then the QB gets hurt for the year in the preseason. The team goes 6-10, but if the QB was healthy we could have had a winning year. Since we went 6-10 we are out of the running for one of the two only good QBs in the draft. Relocation rumors. Now the Patriots and the Seahawks are both in the Super Bowl. This has been a nightmare.

+1

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, let's hope the season is not over in 2015 before the preseason ends.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yep, it blows.

How many games did we lose that we were competitive in late? This will blow your mind. This is what Hill and Davis did in 2014 in the 4th quarter in games we were either tied or trailing:
27/50
54%
309 yards
6.2 YPA
0 TDs
9 Ints
33.3 QB Rating

You read that right. When we were either tied or trailing by one score in the fourth quarter, our QBs threw 0 TDs to 9 Ints.

Sam Bradford in 2012 and 2013 combined when we were either tied or trailing in the 4th quarter:
56/92
60.9%
578 yards
6.3 YPA
4 TDs
2 Ints
84.4 QB Rating

That's where the difference would have been made. When the games were close late, Bradford would not have made the backbreaking mistakes that cost us games or have folded mentally.

And we get no slack for it, believe me. Nobody but Ram fans know how much Sam hurt us by getting. All the other fans just see the logo.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
And we get no slack for it, believe me. Nobody but Ram fans know how much Sam hurt us by getting. All the other fans just see the logo.

This is so true its sad. The other really sad thing about it is that even some Ram's fans don't see it.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
You are what your record says you are even if the officials helped make it so! We know how well the team played at times but non fans don't or won't admit it if they lost to the Rams like the whiners or hags!

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Yep, it blows.

27/50
54%
309 yards
6.2 YPA
0 TDs
9 Ints
33.3 QB Rating

56/92
60.9%
578 yards
6.3 YPA
4 TDs
2 Ints
84.4 QB Rating

Amen. I became depressed the day it was said it was ACL. My season was over. However, I did have higher hopes for the dline . . . and we just kept having rare things given up---a WR with 100 yards rushing, an 80-yard bomb with a few seconds in half, unforgivable, Quinn getting a sack totally ripped off, and his slow start . .. .I got excited during the "run" but other than shat, the back to back goose eggs . . . it was miserable.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is so true its sad. The other really sad thing about it is that even some Ram's fans don't see it.

Not true all of us realize the difference Bradford would've made, however, you can't continue to count on somebody who has a history of durability issues. Now granted none of us thought he would miss an entire season, however, most of us felt the regime should of had a better plan in place than Shaun Hill.

This regime felt LeMarcus Joyner was more of a priority than maybe Jimmy Garoppolo for example. Now the regime is ready to have a better plan in place, but this is not a good year for Quarterbacks so once again the Rams could be on the outside looking in.

One thing for sure if the regime does not solve the quarterback issue they can only hope to continue to straddle the line of mediocrity at best so all of us hope for a healthy Sam Bradford, but let's just hope this regime understands about history and our quarterback scenario does not mirror trying to defeat Russia before winter.

ram007

Starter
it was lost when they put all their eggs in bradford's basket. when bradford comes back how much time does he need to adjust to speed of game, will he trust his knee, will his already suspect footwork gets worse if he doesn't trust his knee, can he learn a new system again to be productive rightvaway, how big of an improvement this OL (Which got worse over the year) will be after off season? I was excited for 2014. Not so much, right now, for 2015. Yup it was nighmare in 2014 and looks the same in 2015.

Big Willie

Starter
My team's performance, the relocation talk, bad officiating, rule changes that make it impossible to play defense, the success of the Pats and Hawgs...I am at a 22 year low with the NFL. My pimp hand is definitely weak and I need to get my mojo back.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yep, it blows.

27/50
54%
309 yards
6.2 YPA
0 TDs
9 Ints
33.3 QB Rating

56/92
60.9%
578 yards
6.3 YPA
4 TDs
2 Ints
84.4 QB Rating

Agreed, but it's not just the turnovers...it's the direct results of them.
The Rams finished 3rd worst in the league in giveaway points -102
Rams finished in the middle of the pack(14th) in takeaway points 79
That's a Net -23 It was THAT bad and ranked 6th worst in the NFL in 2014. Some real shitty teams down there.

Regular season Top 10 teams in Net turnover points(points scored directly off turnovers/points given away directly off turnovers) plus/minus.
Playoff teams in bold.

1. Green Bay 67
2. New England 61

3. Houston 51
4. Seattle 47
5. Miami 41
6. Denver 28
7. Buffalo 24
8. Pittsburgh 17
9. NYG 16
10. Dallas 16

27. Rams -23
28. Tennessee -27
29. Tampa Bay -39
30. NYJ -67
31. Washington -70
32. Oakland -77

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Yep, it blows.

27/50
54%
309 yards
6.2 YPA
0 TDs
9 Ints
33.3 QB Rating

56/92
60.9%
578 yards
6.3 YPA
4 TDs
2 Ints
84.4 QB Rating

Oh my jeezus these are very telling stats. You can also add in that Bradford would not have lost games like the dreadful Dallas game. We don't even have to speculate about how much is talent would help, just his ability to take care of the ball would have helped us win these games!

Yep, it blows.

27/50
54%
309 yards
6.2 YPA
0 TDs
9 Ints
33.3 QB Rating

56/92
60.9%
578 yards
6.3 YPA
4 TDs
2 Ints
84.4 QB Rating

I think you may have just solved our QB problem, here's what we do, we play some combination of Davis and Hill for the first 3 Qs (I'd go all Davis and his)
109/161
67.7%
1192 yards
8 TDs
3 INTs
98.1 QB Rating

Compared to Sam's
322/543
59.3%
3734 yards
21 TDs
13 INTs
83.1 QB Rating

Then use Sam as a "closer" type QB if the game is tied or we're trailing. Surely Bradford is capable of staying healthy for 50 passes each year?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not true all of us realize the difference Bradford would've made, however, you can't continue to count on somebody who has a history of durability issues. Now granted none of us thought he would miss an entire season, however, most of us felt the regime should of had a better plan in place than Shaun Hill.

This regime felt LeMarcus Joyner was more of a priority than maybe Jimmy Garoppolo for example. Now the regime is ready to have a better plan in place, but this is not a good year for Quarterbacks so once again the Rams could be on the outside looking in.

One thing for sure if the regime does not solve the quarterback issue they can only hope to continue to straddle the line of mediocrity at best so all of us hope for a healthy Sam Bradford, but let's just hope this regime understands about history and our quarterback scenario does not mirror trying to defeat Russia before winter.

You hit the nail on the head. Garapolo has a very quick release. His synapse is crazy good. No holding the ball too long. I felt hat Snead and Fisher really missed the boat on that pick. Taking a misplaced safety to play slot corner over Garapolo didn't make sense when the Rams QB is/was a light hit away from missing the year. Relying on a guy they cut for a season and a 36 year old vet, was not a good plan for the future.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I don't know about disappointed.
I remember watching the Rams in camp in maybe 09 thinking they won't win a game.