This Eagles fan is pissed...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope it's all an act. Otherwise, he'd be on my list of people who shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Funny as shit. For some reason the guy doesn't realize they haven't won before Shady either.
Watch Philly trade up for MM and then get a nice RB in the draft. Then he'll feel like the tool he his.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Homer in me says yes, but I think I would seriously consider alternatives in this day and age. Without knowing the state of the football I'm not sure, but it isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I can't agree. I think people have gotten caught up in the media narrative. How good would Seattle have been this year without Marshawn Lynch?

After the QB, there's not another position that has a bigger impact on wins and losses than a great/elite HB. Guys like Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, and LaDainian Tomlinson showed the ability to elevate teams to achieve far more than they should have been capable. Marshall Faulk elevated our team.

I would pay prime Faulk $12 million a year without blinking. Especially in today's NFL. If anything, a HB that can function as an elite runner AND pass catcher has only become more valuable.

It's true that average HBs are replaceable. There are so many effective HBs that come out that you can easily trade out middle of the pack runners without much drop off. But the good HBs aren't easily replaceable. And the great/elite runners aren't replaceable at all...until you find another great/elite runner...which do not come around that often.

Honestly, look at this Viking team and tell me that's a 10 win team:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2012.htm

Adrian Peterson put that team on his back and carried them to 10 wins. You swap Peterson out for an average HB and that's a 5 win team at best.

The WR position gets a lot of love and I'm certainly not here to devalue it either but do you think a WR could elevate a team like that?

IMO, no chance in hell. Look at 2012 Calvin Johnson:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/2012.htm

Broke the receiving yardage record and played ridiculous football but still wasn't enough to elevate his team.

Don't underestimate the impact that great/elite HBs have on the game. Marshall Faulk didn't just change the game with his running ability and receiving ability...he changed the game by simply being on the field...especially with his ability to block.

Keep this in mind...the Vikings finished 14th in 2012 and 2013 in points scored mainly with Christian Ponder at QB(and some Matt Cassel mixed in) and Bill Musgrave at OC. This year, they finished 20th in points scored with Teddy Bridgewater(who is far superior to either of those guys) at QB and Norv Turner at OC. With a better QB and OC, they dropped 6 spots...why? Adrian Peterson was suspended for 15 games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny as crap. For some reason the guy doesn't realize they haven't won before Shady either.
Watch Philly trade up for MM and then get a nice RB in the draft. Then he'll feel like the tool he his.

This trade doesn't affect the Mariota deal. They could also trade up for Mariota and then get a nice LB in the draft. Plus, Mariota would have a top veteran HB to lean on as a rookie.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
@jrry32 You make excellent points and I am inclined to agree with you. Faulk, AP, LT, Lynch and even Gore are all worthy of those contracts and most certainly elevate their team. The questions then becomes "Is Lesean Mcoy the kind of RB that would elevate that team in Philly?"

IMO the answer is no. I don't think Chip Kelly needs a RB like Shady on his football team, so why waste the money if it isn't necessary. I believe the Bills do and can definitely use him. So this trade seems to be a win-win. I still like the move and think both teams come out better for it. Lets just hope the Bills don't become to dependent on him. Teams like Minnesota and even the Rams when we had SJax tend to rely too much on their all-star runningbacks and miss out on a lot of talent elsewhere on the roster.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This trade doesn't affect the Mariota deal. They could also trade up for Mariota and then get a nice LB in the draft. Plus, Mariota would have a top veteran HB to lean on as a rookie.

Didn't say the trade affected Mariota. My point was this guy is totally overacting without even seeing what else happens.
It's not like the draft and FA is already over. Fans should wait until the dust clears before getting all worked up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 You make excellent points and I am inclined to agree with you. Faulk, AP, LT, Lynch and even Gore are all worthy of those contracts and most certainly elevate their team. The questions then becomes "Is Lesean Mcoy the kind of RB that would elevate that team in Philly?"

IMO the answer is no. I don't think Chip Kelly needs a RB like Shady on his football team, so why waste the money if it isn't necessary. I believe the Bills do and can definitely use him. So this trade seems to be a win-win. I still like the move and think both teams come out better for it. Lets just hope the Bills don't become to dependent on him. Teams like Minnesota and even the Rams when we had SJax tend to rely too much on their all-star runningbacks and miss out on a lot of talent elsewhere on the roster.

McCoy the kind of HB that would elevate the team in Philly? I think he's certainly capable of it.

Does Kelly need a RB like him? No, they can be successful without him. But it certainly helps. Especially when your gameplan is as run and offense-centric as Kelly's.

As far as relying too much on their HBs, I think the Rams horrible personnel decisions were a bigger issue than relying too much on Jackson. ;)

Didn't say the trade affected Mariota. My point was this guy is totally overacting without even seeing what else happens.
It's not like the draft and FA is already over. Fans should wait until the dust clears before getting all worked up.

He's a comedian. It's like the Browns dude who is also a comedian. I have to assume it's comedy at least.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
"I'll wait......... I'll wait.......... I'll wait....."

Just love it.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
McCoy isn't too happy with the trade either.

He is a Pennsylvania kid, great HS player for a school in Harrisburg, played at Pitt...played for the Eagles. Now it's up to Buffalo.

The word is that he is not happy.

But hey--that's sports.

The video had me rolling though.