This does seem like a really good time to start Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't have any real hope left, btw, that this team is going to make any kind of run needed to get into the playoffs. But looking at this team objectively this does seem like a good time for Goff to get in there at QB...

First reason for this is the defense, which seems to have settled in since Tru got healthy. I am concerned about Joyner, but overall the unit might be at that point where they can continue to limit points against which is most important.

Second is the rushing game. The OL showed some good execution through the second half of last week's game, and Gurley's breakout game looks to be on the near horizon. Cunningham has settled in as a really nice #2 as well.

Special teams are money once again. With that and defense, plus a run game, the offense should be in position to not have to press too much in most of these remaining matchups.

Lastly there are some pieces for Goff to work with in the passing game. Only one who has been consistent is Britt, but then again if the kid is going to be a special QB in this league he's gonna find a way to get the most from these guys.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think Kendricks has done well also. Minus the TD drop.
Our receivers are getting open often.

If our oline can get stronger in run blocking, we'd be in great shape.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would have preferred that he played earlier. If he really couldn't handle calling plays in the huddle, then I guess there was no choice.

Listening to Goff's interview, it sure sounds like he thinks he could have started much earlier.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I dunno, Miami has had a Williams-esque effect on opposing QBs this year, knocking 5 dudes out of action for at least some stretch of time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's pro's and cons to starting him mid season, but for the most part I don't think its the most advantageous situation. Miami has found its grove at this point and that kind of outweighs a lot in my book

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I don't like the fact that we're facing the Dolphins and an on form Jay Ajayi off the back of a 4 game winning streak and we barely squeezed past the Jets. I'm also concerned that there's, IMO, a lot more pressure to turn the Rams around mid season than if he started week 1. He's going to do rookie mistakes, and it may take him a week or two to get into a groove, I would have liked him to have gone through that already.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point, I don't think it matters about finding a "favorable" patsy opponent for Goff to feel comfortable. Most teams getting the #1 overall pick are a freaking dumpsterfire, having won about 1-4 wins to earn that spot, and are forced to play early. We are a mediocre team, which makes us a better situation to play for than most rookie QB's taken at #1. Goff is either going to make it or not, so I am glad we are not pussyfooting around anymore.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really think it is a good time to start. I think a better time would have been against the Panthers at home, but I am just being an arm chair coach. I wouldn't worry about Seattle and Phoenix getting game tape on him. Our offensive strategy just isn't dynamic enough. There could be the hope that they were holding a series of plays out of the book from the same formations for when it was time for Goff, but I am just wishful thinking.

I do hope that his arm gets more defensive players out of the box.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He seems ready I hope he can get protection and pick apart their defense to get them out of the box. I expect them to load up and give one on one coverage on the outside.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should be able to open up the middle of the field with his height. I expect Cooper , Higbee , and Austin to get some catches .

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Be prepared to watch a ton of running plays in this game. Dolphins have given up a ton of rushing yards and I think this is a main reason why we picked this game. We are going to run run run, and then run some more.
Hopefully we are successful on the ground( for the first time all year), and it opens up the passing game for our rook. If we throw more than we run Sunday, I think we could have some problems. Also taking an early lead will be critical, get behind and bad things might follow.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't have any real hope left, btw, that this team is going to make any kind of run needed to get into the playoffs. But looking at this team objectively this does seem like a good time for Goff to get in there at QB...

First reason for this is the defense, which seems to have settled in since Tru got healthy. I am concerned about Joyner, but overall the unit might be at that point where they can continue to limit points against which is most important.

Second is the rushing game. The OL showed some good execution through the second half of last week's game, and Gurley's breakout game looks to be on the near horizon. Cunningham has settled in as a really nice #2 as well.

Special teams are money once again. With that and defense, plus a run game, the offense should be in position to not have to press too much in most of these remaining matchups.

Lastly there are some pieces for Goff to work with in the passing game. Only one who has been consistent is Britt, but then again if the kid is going to be a special QB in this league he's gonna find a way to get the most from these guys.
I can agree with you on almost everything you said Merlin, Except, for your Loss of Hope! But have no Fear, I have enough Hope left to cover for your Loss Bro!!(y):D:mrburnsevil:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This is possibly the toughest part of our schedule...Playoff push time..Fins, Saints, Pats, Falcons and I think the Seahawks...IDK

RamzFanz

Damnit
. Only one who has been consistent is Britt

Kendricks has been pretty strong and Quick has also been reliable, IMHO.

Miami has found its grove at this point

This one?

HeritageGrove1.jpg

Seems pretty nice. ;)

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I would start him now over waiting till next year, tell your team we believe in this guy and he's the future..let him struggle this year and come ready to play week 1 next season.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

I think Goff will prove to be elite so the tape isn't going to matter. he's not like the other, one read, rookie QBs.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Be prepared to watch a ton of running plays in this game. Dolphins have given up a ton of rushing yards and I think this is a main reason why we picked this game. We are going to run run run, and then run some more.
Hopefully we are successful on the ground( for the first time all year), and it opens up the passing game for our rook. If we throw more than we run Sunday, I think we could have some problems. Also taking an early lead will be critical, get behind and bad things might follow.

We won't beat Miami with our running game. They have a guy that goes for a buck fifty a game. We have?

Goff must be Goff for us to win.