This Browns fan had a great sense of humor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Deceased fan asked for Browns pallbearers so they can “let him down one more time”

It should come as no surprise to anyone who spends time on PFT Planet that football fans have very strong connections to their favorite teams.

Those connections don’t always end when a fan shuffles off the mortal coil. Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post has a story about the family of a Redskins fan who died last week buying him a Robert Griffin III jersey to wear in his coffin because Mark Lindamood had been holding off on buying one of his own to avoid jinxing the Redskins signal caller. And Will Brinson of CBSSports.com passes along a story about the final wish of another fan.

Scott Entsminger, who died at the age of 55 last Thursday, is described in his Columbus Dispatch obituary as a lifelong Browns fan and musician who sent a song to the team every year along with his advice for moves that the team should make in the coming year. His family used the obit to encourage friends and family to wear Browns gear to his memorial service and they’d also like to see some members of the team there to help fulfill a final wish that shows Entsminger never lost his sense of humor or his memory of what recent history has meant to fans of the franchise.

According to the obituary, Entsminger “respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time.”

We offer our condolences to Entsminger’s family and salute them for airing one last grievance of a fan who clearly loved his football team to the very end.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ers-so-they-could-let-him-down-one-more-time/

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That is an awesome story! I'd like to go out in Rams gear too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man those Browns fans do have a sense of humor through all those years and years and years of let down. Gotta hand it to them there. I think we've all seen the "Factory of Sadness" videos too. Those are pretty awesome.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Man those Browns fans do have a sense of humor through all those years and years and years of let down. Gotta hand it to them there. I think we've all seen the "Factory of Sadness" videos too. Those are pretty awesome.

The Factory of Sadness vid is awesome.....and worth another look (headphones recommended if you're at work):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8[/youtube]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Reminds me of this guy. I couldn't find the clip but right before this he says something about being a comedian because he is a Browns fan and that if Ernest Byner hadn't fumbled, he'd have a job and insurance...... Anyway - funny dude and his routine is on Netflix Instant.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHomewVkL9c[/youtube]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm a Clevelander and have known countless Browns fans. A saying that is true I have heard many times......

You can question the intelligence of, but never the loyalty of, a Browns fan.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have an Uncle that's a Browns fan and spending time in Ohio (8 years USAF & UD) this is one team that besides the Rams I would not mind seeing win a Super Bowl. They've been through tough times and if the Rams were not able to keep the Ram name & logo and became the St. Louis Stallions with a different color scheme in logo, we could be them!

stallions.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
den-the-coach said:
I have an Uncle that's a Browns fan and spending time in Ohio (8 years USAF & UD) this is one team that besides the Rams I would not mind seeing win a Super Bowl. They've been through tough times and if the Rams were not able to keep the Ram name & logo and became the St. Louis Stallions with a different color scheme in logo, we could be them!

stallions.jpg

I have a Rams SB win in my life and I will tell the truth the only thing missing is another one or three or five of those and one for the Browns.

Loyalty is a curse.