This angered me RE: Joe Flacco

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...20131103_1_joe-flacco-ed-dickson-torrey-smith

Tell me this doesn't sound familiar.

This dude just won that team a Super Bowl, and was a more important factor than Ray Lewis ever was in terms of on-field production last year. Good God this thing fuckin pissed me off.

More carry the team bullshit, more *insert QB here* supporters vs. bashers garbage. Can't stand that fuckin logic...and I'm a fuckin Steeler fan (in the AFC).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea. QBs get too much credit and too much blame. People lose sight that it's a team game. Even the best guys need some talent around them.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yea. QBs get too much credit and too much blame. People lose sight that it's a team game. Even the best guys need some talent around them.
Truth. That they've been so competitive is what encourages me so much about this team.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
There is a threshold level for a QB, assuming you don't have the old Bears, Ravens, or Bucs defenses. And we haven't seen that quality of defense in over 10 years.

So for practical purposes you need a QB who plays at a very good level or better to win a SB. Obviously, the better the QB the less you need around him. But for the most part a QB like Flacco can beat a QB like Manning in the playoffs, and actually did.

I believe Bradford can be a very good QB. Not elite, but that's not a deal breaker. The media gets all enamoured with the glitzy QB during the season and they forget that guys like Flacco and Eli have won the last 2 SBs. Now they are ready to throw them both under the bus when their supporting cast isn't as good.

The more I think about this whole thing the clearer it becomes that the media and so called football experts are no better than the average fan when it comes to evaluating what a team needs in terms of a QB.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Try looking at it this way: Joe Flacco was handed $100M to not only produce but deal with expectations. While in some regards it's unfair I don't think Flacco is hurting too much. Much like for the Rams, I'm sure the team knows whether or not he's living up to his end of the bargain and they're not going to bench or cut the guy if the rest of the team isn't producing.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
But the sports media tell us that Tom Brady can do it on his own.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
But the sports media tell us that Tom Brady can do it on his own.

on my Madden 25 Ultimate team I have tom brady, we turned the ball over on 4th down after going for it. For some odd reason tom brady was lined up as a saftey the next play and I got a pick 6 with him in the final seconds of the game and won it lol.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The Baltimore fans are delusional to think their team would pick up right where they left off after losing so many cornerstone players. I don't get it, either.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Try looking at it this way: Joe Flacco was handed $100M to not only produce but deal with expectations. While in some regards it's unfair I don't think Flacco is hurting too much. Much like for the Rams, I'm sure the team knows whether or not he's living up to his end of the bargain and they're not going to bench or cut the guy if the rest of the team isn't producing.

You are missing a key element to why they gave Flacco all that money. Who else do they have to play QB? I mean, they know he isn't an elite QB but he is very good and you've got to have a very good one to win in the NFL. So it was either fork over the cash or he goes somewhere else and they are stuck trying to find another very good QB. Remember how long it took them to find Flacco? Since before they moved to Baltimore.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Man at some point teams have to stop paying qb's such a large percentage of the cap. This could be the saving grace with Bradford; I don't see us paying him franchise qb dollars, much like what Detroit has done.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Man at some point teams have to stop paying qb's such a large percentage of the cap. This could be the saving grace with Bradford; I don't see us paying him franchise qb dollars, much like what Detroit has done.

Well, the Ravens gambled on Flacco and lost. They could have extended him a year earlier for a lot less money but they didn't see him being worth all that much. Flacco bet on himself and hit the jackpot.

moklerman

Warner-phile
You are missing a key element to why they gave Flacco all that money. Who else do they have to play QB? I mean, they know he isn't an elite QB but he is very good and you've got to have a very good one to win in the NFL. So it was either fork over the cash or he goes somewhere else and they are stuck trying to find another very good QB. Remember how long it took them to find Flacco? Since before they moved to Baltimore.
I don't think I'm missing that point, I'm just not addressing it. I wasn't criticizing the organization for paying Flacco, just saying that the organization and Flacco are a lot more aware of what's really going on than the fans. Fans focus on the QB position so if a team isn't winning, chances are they think it's the QB's fault regardless of the reality.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's 2 parts of this bullshit article that made me want to share it.

1. The author says that Joe Flacco HAS to carry a team BECAUSE of said contract, despite not having all his weapons, the ones that are underperforming, OL issues, defense problems, etc.

2. How the fuck is any of that his fault?

Fuckin stupid. I feel bad for Joe now that he has to put up w/ this shit.

Number6

UDFA
I might catch some crap for this, but I really don't think Flacco is all that great. Most of the time it's his incredible receivers that go up and get the ball. His passes seem to be off-target.

Just seems that way to me from the games I've seen.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I might catch some crap for this, but I really don't think Flacco is all that great. Most of the time it's his incredible receivers that go up and get the ball. His passes seem to be off-target.

Just seems that way to me from the games I've seen.

You know what. I kind of agree. Don't think he's all that accurate. One particular drum I've been banging since the day he was drafted is that Eli Manning is actually no good. And I mean - he's not even an average QB in this league. He's below average and always has been. Yet because he won 2 superbowls he even got mentioned in the "elite" category by a few.

Its stupid.

fancents86

Starter
I follow the Ravens pretty closly bc I'm a fan of the way they play, and I have to say Flacco is a damn good qb. He reminds me alot of Bradford, personality wise and play wise. Dude has a cannon as an arm and I would say he is pretty accurate. I've seen a lot of dropped balls by recievers that hit them right where it should have been. The Ravens are having the same troubles as us, the D is great but their O is very young.

moklerman

Warner-phile
You know what. I kind of agree. Don't think he's all that accurate. One particular drum I've been banging since the day he was drafted is that Eli Manning is actually no good. And I mean - he's not even an average QB in this league. He's below average and always has been. Yet because he won 2 superbowls he even got mentioned in the "elite" category by a few.

Its stupid.
8-3 as a starter in the playoffs. 3 pro bowls. 2 Super Bowl victories(over the Patriots twice). 2 SB MVP's.

That equals "not even average"? I'm not his biggest fan by any means but the guy deserves the credit he deserves and he's certainly played well on the biggest stage at the biggest times. Bad QB's don't do that. Twice.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, the Ravens gambled on Flacco and lost. They could have extended him a year earlier for a lot less money but they didn't see him being worth all that much. Flacco bet on himself and hit the jackpot.

He was one bonehead play by a broncos db from betting and losing, just like most gamblers. Funny how luck works sometimes.

I'm sure the Ravens will take the super bowl win over a few measly dollars, in nfl terms.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
on my Madden 25 Ultimate team I have tom brady, we turned the ball over on 4th down after going for it. For some odd reason tom brady was lined up as a saftey the next play and I got a pick 6 with him in the final seconds of the game and won it lol.
LOL See really you just need a team full of elite QB in order to win. If you could put Brady in all 22 spots your team would be unbeatable

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
LOL See really you just need a team full of elite QB in order to win. If you could put Brady in all 22 spots your team would be unbeatable

Hahahaha! I know right when I seen who picked the ball off I was like wtf.... Even with his 55 speed he still got it into the endzone.