Thinking about the offseason FA moves and drafts these last two years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This was a team in transition two years ago after a 4-12 debacle. How could it not be? Pretty obvious.

It was a team in transition after last year's 11-5 record. And why is that?

Aside from the usual changes that come with a new HC and new system on offense with a young QB two other very, very major things happened.

The defense went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 without a roster populated with players with those skill sets in the front 7 other than maybe 3 guys. That's a big deal. It's a huge change-up. More than the change on offense.

And..........

The GM had more of a role regarding whom to put on the roster through the draft and free agency. And this is a big deal too because Snead is IMO a "roster changer" type of GM. He is willing to make changes on starters, backups, and anyone else out of the 53. He is an agent of change and I think he see's the roster the way the DC and OC (in this case the HC) see it. He grasps the whole thing.

Blend that with McVay and Phillips and this is a really unique trio.

There is a QB and HC that can spend many years together accomplishing a lot. And the HC is essentially an OC as much or more than a HC (right now currently as is) because of the staff in place.

And a DC with a track record of improving performance all round.

With a GM that is fearless and will make moves on draft day, in the offseason and during the FA period.

There is some skill and bravery leading this franchise.

And I value that more than cybermetrics, moneyball, and any other systems out there.

Risk and vision wins out over anything else in the NFL and NBA. The only two sports I follow with interest.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah say what you want about Trader Les, but the dude's got some cajones on him. I like his style, just hope that Kevin can start delivering on the contract side with some of their own they want to keep.

Also I think some cred goes to the staff. IMO they and Les are in complete alignment, and it's no mistake that the Rams' LB coach was out there runnin the show and integrated into the drills for the position group.

Whether they can get 'er done in one offseason remains to be seen. If this defense isn't top ten, we won't be winning this division IMO. No goin back now and they might not be done yet tearing it down.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Yeah say what you want about Trader Les, but the dude's got some cajones on him. I like his style, just hope that Kevin can start delivering on the contract side with some of their own they want to keep.

Also I think some cred goes to the staff. IMO they and Les are in complete alignment, and it's no mistake that the Rams' LB coach was out there runnin the show and integrated into the drills for the position group.

Whether they can get 'er done in one offseason remains to be seen. If this defense isn't top ten, we won't be winning this division IMO. No goin back now and they might not be done yet tearing it down.

@Merlin

So am I interpreting you right? Our LB coach was running the LB drills during the combine?

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
@Merlin

So am I interpreting you right? Our LB coach was running the LB drills during the combine?

Correct, and there is a LOT of linebacker talent in this draft. Probably the deepest draft for this position in several years. Sounds like Coach Barry liked what he saw out there.