Thinking about our needs...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

...I want to know what second, or perhaps 3rd year guys who have gotten little or no play with the 1's to date, might be ready to step up in to a starting roll and fill a hole "we" consider filling only via the draft or up coming FA?

Barrett Jones seems to be the poster board for my answer but I will wait to see this first hand myself. He has almost grown to "Rok" status around here lol and we all know how that turned out.

What about Ray-Ray as our missing "other" OLB? Certainly has the athletic ability to do it.

Could Cody Davis (love his size at 6'2", 205), with a year under his belt, be the guy to step up and in to the FS role we crave?

Might Barnes be a new starting piece in our OL? How about Person?

Is McGee ready to step in to the slot corner role?

Does Hooey have a chance to step in at OT or at least be on the active roster as a swing T?

Can Pead shake the 2 year doggie home and emerge as the back field threat once thought him to be?

Does Blake or Veltung show enough to get a game day jersey as either a viable wr option or at least a return guy?

How about Sammy Brown as our new SAM? Is he up to this challenge?

Or did we fill our back end of the roster last year with a bunch of misfits that will never emerge as game day players unlike how Seattle built their team?

Thoughts?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm pretty anxious to see how Jones comes out of camp. I'd like to see him challenge for a starting spot, but that's going to take a lot of effort on his part in terms of training; but more importantly, knowledge of the offense and opposing defenses. Truly beneficial that he's so intelligent, so the latter part may not be an issue. He's going to have to shed that dough-boy persona people have tagged him with though if he's going to be successful in THIS division.

This has to be Pead's last chance to get it going and challenge for a starting spot. He has to, at a minimum, beat out Cunningham in camp if he has any chance of doing anything meaningful this year. So much raw talent that kid has. He's probably the guy I'm pulling for the most. And if he does put it all together this year, his contributions to the offense will be immense. Kinda hoping he packs on about 5-10 pounds of pure muscle this offseason.

Armstrong probably won't challenge for a starting spot, but he's pretty damn good on special teams while he waits. I'd like to see him rotate in and out more this year, but there's no hurry to get him heavily involved just yet. It's nice that we have the luxury of developing him properly before thrusting him into live action and relying on him to be fully aware of his responsibilities and the responsibilities of his fellow LBs.

I'd like to see McDonald play a full 16 games and see Cody Davis challenge for a starting spot too. I think they'd make a nice 1-2 punch. And I definitely hope to see McGee get at least twice the snaps that he had last year.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I'm just happy this question is relevant. No more filling the depth with JAG's.

GO RAMS!