Thinking about Bradford.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Makes me think back onto those really strong Big 12 years where Bradford, Daniel, McCoy and others went wild all over that conference.

And it makes me wonder, did anything of real NFL merit come out of that? McCoy sucked, Daniel sucked so bad he never even got to pretend to be a starter, Coffman sucked, Bradford tried but it looks like he can't escape, Maclin was good, but he can't stay on the field, same as Alexander.

Can anybody enlighten me if anybody of merit came from those really good Big 12 years?

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Quarterback wise, I can't think of anyone. But Gerald McCoy and Trent Williams look pretty good. Brian Orakpo was a beast but got hurt, William Moore's been doing well in Atlanta, Crabtree seems to click with Kaepernick.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Don't forget about Graham Harrell from Texas Tech, dude was lighting up too...although it's easy to forget about him these days.

I guess the good players that came out then would be Crabtree, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas, and Suh.

As far as QBs go, Bradford was the only one to get any real starting time.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ndamukong Suh (Big 12 back then)
Gerald McCoy
Trent Williams
Russell Okung
Dez Bryant
Jermaine Gresham
Earl Thomas
Sean Weatherspoon (same boat as Sam Bradford)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Adrain Peterson...oh, too far..How about DeMarco Murray...oh, only against us....What about a bunch of safeties from Texas? I like Ahmad Dixon this year, he was supposed to go to UT...Can't remember what NFL team he's on....
I guess, like a few have said, only SUH.....has really stood out.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ndamukong Suh (Big 12 back then)
Gerald McCoy
Trent Williams
Russell Okung
Dez Bryant
Jermaine Gresham
Earl Thomas
Sean Weatherspoon (same boat as Sam Bradford)

I keep forgetting Nebraska was a part of the Big 12 for the longest time, that and that OKU even exists.

Not a half bad list, I still find it crazy though with all those star studded QBs not even one of them could break through to be the guy in the NFL. Just goes to show that you shouldn't put your hat on how good somebody was in college.

iced

I keep forgetting Nebraska was a part of the Big 12 for the longest time, that and that OKU even exists.

Not a half bad list, I still find it crazy though with all those star studded QBs not even one of them could break through to be the guy in the NFL. Just goes to show that you shouldn't put your hat on how good somebody was in college.

And should be a reminder as to why you don't knee jerk cut qb's - for all you know the one you just drafted is gonna back up the one you thought was a back up