Think our FO does their homework?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc-V5DEI3DQ[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
This is one draft that I feel the FO got amazing depth in every round.

I mean every draft I look at guys and go "Yeah, I like him, I have high hopes."

But this is the first time I've ever really looked at the draft top to bottom and thought "Holy shit, every single one of these guys can get substantial playing time."... Even if he's going to be behind Jackson and Pead, I think he gets some time. And if Jackson goes down (knock on wood) I'm comfortable with these two guys sharing the duties...

Unless they all shit the bed when pads go on, I really really like this draft.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I checked out a bunch of videos on Pead. Holy crap that guy can accelerate! Kinda funny you finding this video of Jenkins saying that about Richardson.

I'm not convinced that all of these guys will take but I get the feeling that more will than not. Color me myopic as well but when I watch the man child that is Brockers, the smoothness of Quick, the speed and quick read of Jenkins, that burst of Pead, the want to hit of Johnson, the speed of Givens, the size of Watkins, the leg of Zu, etc... I can't help but get think we are heading in the right direction and in a hurry.

I just think these guys get it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, I get a feeling the Richardson kid is a gem that nobody has heard of and will be looked at as a mega steal a couple of years from now. Trent who?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What I like about that video, he carries the ball in the hand he aught to.
SJ AND Pead both carry the ball in their right hand going either way which results in fumbles and no stiff arm running left.
It's a pet peave of mine ,this kid is probably a pretty good basketball player as well.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Hmmm... Nice find X. Figured Jenkins would have mentioned a WR. The fact he brought up a RB tells me Jenkins noticed there was something special about Richardson. He definitely has the raw athleticism. We will see.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
How cool would it be for THIS Richardson to end up being the best RB in this draft???

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Faceplant said:
How cool would it be for THIS Richardson to end up being the best RB in this draft???
That would be ridiculously cool.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
SJ AND Pead both carry the ball in their right hand going either way which results in fumbles and no stiff arm running left.
It's a pet peave of mine ,this kid is probably a pretty good basketball player as well.

I'll go with you on the lack of stiff arm with SJ. He usually wraps up and lowers his shoulder. I wouldn't call him fumble prone though.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
All I can say is WOW.
I am so impressed with every single player that the Rams took in this draft.
Maybe the best draft I can recall, top to bottom. And possibly the best coaching staff we have ever assembled.
This is gonna be fun!

GO RAMS!!!!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Faceplant said:
Yep.
Well Jim Brown DID call TR average and cited Ingrams disappearance after being the "best in the draft" the year before.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Faceplant said:
Yep.
Well Jim Brown DID call TR average and cited Ingrams disappearance after being the "best in the draft" the year before.
Yeah, I saw that. I don't think Jim Brown likes any running backs not named Jim Brown. :lol:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
Yeah - I checked out a bunch of videos on Pead. Holy crap that guy can accelerate! Kinda funny you finding this video of Jenkins saying that about Richardson.

I'm not convinced that all of these guys will take but I get the feeling that more will than not. Color me myopic as well but when I watch the man child that is Brockers, the smoothness of Quick, the speed and quick read of Jenkins, that burst of Pead, the want to hit of Johnson, the speed of Givens, the size of Watkins, the leg of Zu, etc... I can't help but get think we are heading in the right direction and in a hurry.

Those are lots of parts to get excited about! I'm pumped.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:

Those are lots of parts to get excited about! I'm pumped.

Me too man - me too.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Thordaddy said:

I'll go with you on the lack of stiff arm with SJ. He usually wraps up and lowers his shoulder. I wouldn't call him fumble prone though.

Well I guess if you go back and look at his fumbles you might agree that it was a factor in most of them,but either way WHAT he does to avoid them costs yards and IMO over a game /career mounts up and becomes significant.

I was taught young to keep your body between the defender and the ball, in pass receiving, basketball, running with the ball,, with SJ IMO it's huge too cuz he has a jackhammer stiff arm going right and could have one going leftbut apparently it's a skill he and his coaches have decided wasn't worth developing in view of how good he already was. What is more WHEN he lowers that shoulder his head is exposed and he AUGHT to consider the brain trauma a good stiff arm going that way could save him.

Sorry but if I were his coach we'd lock horns on it and I'd win,I'd tell him that not doing it was refusing to improve and I couldn't tolerate that.