Think Givens plays like he did his rookie year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
lol well u dont trade up for a gadget player
You do if you think that player will help you, again draft position means little to coaches and anybody outside of us fans.

You go for who you need to get and think will help you.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You do if you think that player will help you, again draft position means little to coaches and anybody outside of us fans.

You go for who you need to get and think will help you.
well now u see why we been losing all these years. Bad decisions from front office and coaches

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
well now u see why we been losing all these years. Bad decisions from front office and coaches
Yes we have been losing for years based on bad decisions by our front office. Though how many gadget players did Linehan or Spags trade up for? They drafted the right way and they still sucked. We also sucked because as it happens they also seemed to buy into if the player doesn't do it by year 2 or 3 get rid of them hype. Didn't help them much either now did it?

You draft good players and position doesn't matter, it's way too early to call it a day on Austin.

FRO

Legend
Apparently you do. And if we didn't, someone else was gonna.
There was zero chance he was getting out of the first round.
He wasn't getting out of the top 10. I was pumped when we got him. I think he would be best served in a more spread type offense however. When we picked him I was hoping for Danny Amendola with 4.2 speed. His route running is still suspect which is disheartening. I'm hoping we can get him in space and he can make one or two plays for us a week.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He wasn't getting out of the top 10. I was pumped when we got him. I think he would be best served in a more spread type offense however. When we picked him I was hoping for Danny Amendola with 4.2 speed. His route running is still suspect which is disheartening. I'm hoping we can get him in space and he can make one or two plays for us a week.
Not that you brought it up, and I know it may sound stupid, but I don't care where these guys are drafted once the draft is over. After that, aside from money, these guys are all just players who have to work to fit the need for which we took them. Sometimes that works out, sometimes it doesn't. Dwelling on where they were picked has never concerned me because I'm not the COO and I don't have to deal with the financials.

Tavon immediately improved special teams in the biggest way. What was once the worst part of our team (and that's saying a lot) became significantly better with him, Zuerlein and Hekker. Field position is HUGE in this league, and he always gives us a chance to capitalize on that. Plus, teams that are silly enough to play man coverage against us this year will surely pay for it too. Tavon also offers the hidden benefit of being someone defenses have to account for when he lines up. Even if he does nothing, he's done something. He's got a couple of years under him now (with 3 different QBs), so hopefully he's putting it all together and can reap the benefits of having stability behind center. In no way is the story over for him right now. In no possible way is that the case.

Speedr@m

Rookie
i think he has a chance. Think he will bring the diminsion were lacking in passing game that Tavon is suppose to bring

I think that all the WRs will benefit by having QBs that can actually stretchh the field. WE lost that the last two years when Sam went down

I don't think Givens is a star but I think he can play and has a role in this offense for sure and he has to be accounted for when there is a QB in place that can actually get the ball to him

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
Not that you brought it up, and I know it may sound stupid, but I don't care where these guys are drafted once the draft is over. After that, aside from money, these guys are all just players who have to work to fit the need for which we took them. Sometimes that works out, sometimes it doesn't. Dwelling on where they were picked has never concerned me because I'm not the COO and I don't have to deal with the financials.

Tavon immediately improved special teams in the biggest way. What was once the worst part of our team (and that's saying a lot) became significantly better with him, Zuerlein and Hekker. Field position is HUGE in this league, and he always gives us a chance to capitalize on that. Plus, teams that are silly enough to play man coverage against us this year will surely pay for it too. Tavon also offers the hidden benefit of being someone defenses have to account for when he lines up. Even if he does nothing, he's done something. He's got a couple of years under him now (with 3 different QBs), so hopefully he's putting it all together and can reap the benefits of having stability behind center. In no way is the story over for him right now. In no possible way is that the case.
and Tavon has several big gainers called back. I thought he'd be a Randall Cobb-type slot receiver who could get deep, and he's only done that a couple of times, but if he can improve his routes, like the good route he did last night, he can still be a key player on offense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
and Tavon has several big gainers called back. I thought he'd be a Randall Cobb-type slot receiver who could get deep, and he's only done that a couple of times, but if he can improve his routes, like the good route he did last night, he can still be a key player on offense.
I agree. I felt so bad for him in that Carolina game. Doing his celebratory dance and then turning around to see the flag.
His whole world collapsed in that moment. lol. It's not funny in as much as it's the fact that all you can do is laugh.

FRO

Legend

Bringing up special teams, I was watching some old Rams games and I really do miss the kickoff return. It was a fun aspect of the games. It was so much fun watching the game played with the old rules.

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
I agree. I felt so bad for him in that Carolina game. Doing his celebratory dance and then turning around to see the flag.
His whole world collapsed in that moment. lol. It's not funny in as much as it's the fact that all you can do is laugh.

Yep. Jake Long tripped his guy right at the 21 second mark. The beauty of it was Tavon ran past the safety help on that side, the safety couldn't get over, Tavon was too fast

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDHXCMUMszk

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bringing up special teams, I was watching some old Rams games and I really do miss the kickoff return. It was a fun aspect of the games. It was so much fun watching the game played with the old rules.
Yeah. I don't like that new rule either. I thought they should have moved it back instead of forward. That would have necessitated better kickers, and would have given both teams a chance to change the course of the game. But, I guess I see why they did it. 200lb dudes running at full steam into each other doesn't promote the agenda of caring about player health.

Speedr@m

Rookie
Yep. Jake Long tripped his guy right at the 21 second mark. The beauty of it was Tavon ran past the safety help on that side, the safety couldn't get over, Tavon was too fast

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDHXCMUMszk

ugh... this play was a crusher.... a few weeks later against the Colts Clemens hit TA on the same play. Ball had a lot more air under it obviously not a good a throw as Sam but he got it there

Now with Foles in place we can complete a few more of those for sure

FRO

Legend
Yeah. I don't like that new rule either. I thought they should have moved it back instead of forward. That would have necessitated better kickers, and would have given both teams a chance to change the course of the game. But, I guess I see why they did it. 200lb dudes running at full steam into each other doesn't promote the agenda of caring about player health.
I understand why they did it, but since I'm not the one getting hurt I don't care. I want it back.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I understand why they did it, but since I'm not the one getting hurt I don't care. I want it back.
Have there been many injuries during kickoffs or returns? Because I can't recall a single one right now.

FRO

Legend
Have there been many injuries during kickoffs or returns? Because I can't recall a single one right now.
I'm not sure either. They have done studies and I'm sure they have some sort of statistical data.