Think Givens plays like he did his rookie year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
i think he has a chance. Think he will bring the diminsion were lacking in passing game that Tavon is suppose to bring

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Aren't they the same? Undersized and terrible at running routes? Wasn't he supposed to be out of the league by now?

It's amazing what scheme can do for you, lets let things play out before we say Tavon is done in by him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why not? He certainly didn't lose any of his talents.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aren't they the same? Undersized and terrible at running routes? Wasn't he supposed to be out of the league by now?

It's amazing what scheme can do for you, lets let things play out before we say Tavon is done in by him.
in away but Givens actually produced as a receiver Tavon had one good game

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
in away but Givens actually produced as a receiver Tavon had one good game
Then he completely disappeared for 2 years and 95% of people were calling for him to be cut every year since.

All I'm saying is, if Givens can trend up lets not rule out Tavon. Who's a year behind him.

Irish

Starter
Having a QB who isn't a backup scrub throwing him the ball certainly won't hurt, either.

lockdnram21

Legend
Then he completely disappeared for 2 years and 95% of people were calling for him to be cut every year since.

All I'm saying is, if Givens can trend up lets not rule out Tavon. Who's a year behind him.
i never thought Tavon could be a good wr. Imo hes a scat back should be used like sproels. Yes Givens did disappear but he showed something before that Tavon really hasnt shown anything in the passing game

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If he can be our Desean/TY that would open up underneath for quick and Britt.
Yep. I said that somewhere else. He can keep the safeties away from the line and help open up the run game.

Athos

Legend
Maybe having to fight for a roster spot has awakened some fight in him that wasn't there before.

He's playing hard and not giving up on routes like I've seen past two years.

He's still more a complimentary WR tho, but if we can get his niche talent back, the team will be better.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
i never thought Tavon could be a good wr. Imo hes a scat back should be used like sproels. Yes Givens did disappear but he showed something before that Tavon really hasnt shown anything in the passing game
Tavon is a playmaker, his primary use was never supposed to be in the receiving game, but rather all over the field. He's shown things that Givens cannot himself.

He's supposed to be a Harvin, Patterson type who helps all around. Those guys aren't much to look at in receiving either.

The guy has 9 all purpose TDs, and 2123 all purpose yards. Not great, but not terrible either. Guy needs help from the players around him and the scheme just as much as Givens did.

lockdnram21

Legend
Tavon is a playmaker, his primary use was never supposed to be in the receiving game, but rather all over the field. He's shown things that Givens cannot himself.

He's supposed to be a Harvin, Patterson type who helps all around. Those guys aren't much to look at in receiving either.

The guy has 9 all purpose TDs, and 2123 all purpose yards. Not great, but not terrible either. Guy needs help from the players around him and the scheme just as much as Givens did.

Well u dont pick Gadget players top 8.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Well u dont pick Gadget players top 8.
Says who? If he figures it out and works who cares where you pick them? Nobody but us fans seem to care where people get drafted, coaches just go out and get who they think will help them the most.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
What happened to him his second and third years. He has played very well this preseason. I hope he can regain his rookie form at minimum.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I was ready to see Givens go away during TC, but as camp progressed, he started showing up again.

I really want to see the rookie success back. He's got the talent. His speed is amazing.

lockdnram21

Legend
What happened to him his second and third years. He has played very well this preseason. I hope he can regain his rookie form at minimum.
i remember he said he got big headed after his rookie year. then last year he said he had stuff he was dealing with off the field

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If Givens actually sees the field this year, then yes. But if Britt and Quick are the starting two, then no. They will have to put Givens in for certain designed plays, or he won't be on the field at all.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I was ready to see Givens go away during TC, but as camp progressed, he started showing up again.

I really want to see the rookie success back. He's got the talent. His speed is amazing.
Same, I was also ready to see Givens gone. I'm glad he's not and he's having success. Hopefully it will show up in the regular season, until then not ready to call it eating crow just yet.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I don't want to toot my own horn, but I did say that don't be surprised to see Givens make a comeback after we aquired Foles. Foles isn't scared to throw it deep, and has a really good deep ball. Givens can get open deep....

So, you know....TOOT.