Think Before You Post

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
You will now see this message every time you get ready to make a new post. After recently receiving a pm from a concerned ROD member asking if this message was meant just for him, I thought it would be good to mention that the message is meant for everyone. It is not meant to be insulting but just a gentle reminder to take a moment and think about what you are posting and how it might affect the rest of the members for better or for worse. Thanks.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
You will now see this message every time you get ready to make a new post. After recently receiving a pm from a concerned ROD member asking if this message was meant just for him, I thought it would be good to mention that the message is meant for everyone. It is not meant to be insulting but just a gentle reminder to take a moment and think about what you are posting and how it might affect the rest of the members for better or for worse. Thanks.
...why? Seems kinda arbitrary.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone had a guilty conscience

Not necessarily. I can see how it can be taken the wrong way.

...why? Seems kinda arbitrary.

I would have used "paternalistic", myself.

Think what you like but above all think before you post. Don't mess with me guys. :)

28tky2r.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
I have never read anything offensive on this board. Although I am not easily offended. This relatively new cultural obsession with protecting everyone's feelings all the time has really strangled public debate.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I have never read anything offensive on this board. Although I am not easily offended. This relatively new cultural obsession with protecting everyone's feelings all the time has really strangled public debate.

I don't think we have any issues debating here at ROD. On occasion I've seen guys get gang tackled for having an opinion out of the norm haha. But its all in good fun. Solid debating is a good way to see the other side of the coin.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've read offensive things here but then I pretty much have to read every post as part of being a mod. Certainly there have been posts deleted due to the ROD community's inappropriate votes.

No debate is being stifled here as far as I can tell but it is a good idea to put things in a way that are not offensive to others whenever possible. It takes a little more time and thought but is well worth it. Hopefully we do that in our public life so why not here?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Remember, these guys are the mods. While you can come around and maybe look at one or three threads at whatever leisure you want, these guys are looking at all and every thread making sure things are civil and up to speed and nothing is out of hand, so what you see isn't the same as what they see. I've seen my fair share of offensive stuff, like the night Michael Sam was drafted and somebody said "I can't believe they drafted that f*g over 'insert player they wanted here.'"

It's not about stifling debate, it's about keeping us from going after each other in lieu of the pursuit of intelligent Rams discussion. It's to keep us from becoming that psychopathic board from across the way where the only discussion is how much bigger your internet penis is than your sworn message board enemy and how Sam Bradford is responsible not only for the Rams suffering, but killing Tupac and the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa as well.

I'd rather have mods keep things civil with gentle reminders then this devolve into another pissing contest mania at every single perceived slight, been through it once, don't want to do it twice.

Last edited: