Things you want to see changed for next season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

New coach, new LT, new QB, and a new TE..

guess i can hold off on my dreams of the Rams having a studly receiver another year

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Stairs.

Seems like an odd thing to say. "What is our next move in 2016?"

Stairs.

It's more meant as a reminder that it's awful hard to look too far ahead. I mean, you can try, but all it takes is one fall down the stairs and everything changes, ya know? Might be just a bruised tailbone that puts you in a bad mood all the way to a broken neck or worse. I have this bad habit of walking down the stairs like a Rockette. Not flamboyantly or on purpose, I just slightly kick my feet out as I go down stairs. Which means on narrow stairs if I'm not paying attention... I miss a step and fall. Which has begun the phrase around my house, "stairs are hard." It's meant as a joke, but it also highlights the chaotic nature of things.

I'd love to have the slightest clue what our draft priorities will be come draft day 2016. And Lord knows I really don't want those first round draft needs to encompass RB or DT because of what that would mean. That said, while I enjoy speculating as much as anyone, this team offensively is in such disarray that I dunno what direction we'll go. Do we pursue Peyton Manning for a season while we develop Mannion and another WB we draft? That would mean running out of the shotgun which is less effective...

So, I dunno. At this point, I'm not even so much concerned about wins and losses as I am about injuries. Look at Baltimore. I wouldn't trade that win with them for anything. QB with torn ACL and MCL and RB with nearly compound fracture of the Ulna bone.

Nah, at this rate, I just want to finish healthy and sort out the season at the end, primarily the QB and OL positions...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunately, we are heading towards something of a rebuild IMO.

Those that say our defense is great - I disagree. The production does not match the investment IMO.

Re-sign all of them? Imagine for a moment that we did - Jenkins $10 mil/year, TruJo $7 mil/year, McCleod $4 mil/year.

That would put the total financial $$ spent on D on par with the Seahawks I think - considering what we've gotten from the defense, we cannot tie up that much money for that unit. I love Jenkins, I have his jersey, but at this point I would not re-sign him because I think he will want too much money; let's re-sign TruJo instead.

Changes....here goes:

Re-sign - TruJo, Barron, McCleod

Cut - Cook, Long, Saffold, Bailey, Britt

At WR - keep only Tavon, but shop him and see what we could possibly get - might be able to get a 1st or 2nd rounder as I think Tavon would be a monster in a good offense.

Free Agency - way too much of a crap shoot to rely on anything, so try to get some veteran WRs.

Let's assume we trade Tavon for a 2nd rounder, which gives us 3 2nd round picks. Also assume we land two vet WRs.

With our 1st 4 picks, draft QB, OL, WR, TE - load this offense up.

Oh and also a brand new coaching staff.

OR if we are to stick with Jeff Fisher...

Re-sign everyone on defense. Trade Foles, our two 2nd round picks and our 3rd pick for Philip Rivers - the Chargers do this because he's old and they need to rebuild.

With our 1st round pick draft the best offensive player available.

Go into next season hoping our OL doesn't get decimated by injuries - and Battle takes the LT job from Robinson, whom we move to guard. Our OL looks pretty good for the future.

I personally think it needs to be a complete rebuild at this point. Keep Gurley and some OL but all other skill players and QBs should be gone, along with the coaching staff.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
1. New offensive minded HC
2. Keep the D mostly intact (keep JJ)
3. Add Jeffrey or Gordon (if you want a WR on a budget)
4. Paxton Lynch
5. Figure out how the Cowboys fixed their oline in one season and do that.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Unfortunately, we are heading towards something of a rebuild IMO.

Those that say our defense is great - I disagree. The production does not match the investment IMO.

Re-sign all of them? Imagine for a moment that we did - Jenkins $10 mil/year, TruJo $7 mil/year, McCleod $4 mil/year.

That would put the total financial $$ spent on D on par with the Seahawks I think - considering what we've gotten from the defense, we cannot tie up that much money for that unit. I love Jenkins, I have his jersey, but at this point I would not re-sign him because I think he will want too much money; let's re-sign TruJo instead.

Changes....here goes:

Re-sign - TruJo, Barron, McCleod

Cut - Cook, Long, Saffold, Bailey, Britt

At WR - keep only Tavon, but shop him and see what we could possibly get - might be able to get a 1st or 2nd rounder as I think Tavon would be a monster in a good offense.

Free Agency - way too much of a crap shoot to rely on anything, so try to get some veteran WRs.

Let's assume we trade Tavon for a 2nd rounder, which gives us 3 2nd round picks. Also assume we land two vet WRs.

With our 1st 4 picks, draft QB, OL, WR, TE - load this offense up.

Oh and also a brand new coaching staff.

OR if we are to stick with Jeff Fisher...

Re-sign everyone on defense. Trade Foles, our two 2nd round picks and our 3rd pick for Philip Rivers - the Chargers do this because he's old and they need to rebuild.

With our 1st round pick draft the best offensive player available.

Go into next season hoping our OL doesn't get decimated by injuries - and Battle takes the LT job from Robinson, whom we move to guard. Our OL looks pretty good for the future.

I personally think it needs to be a complete rebuild at this point. Keep Gurley and some OL but all other skill players and QBs should be gone, along with the coaching staff.

The defense is great. Imagine if they actually got more than a 4 play break for an entire game. Seriously, they are on the field more than the referees. It has to stop, they look like they've played a full season already.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I am the owner here is my approach:

1. New regime, but I keep Snead as GM. Fire Fisher now to allow for Snead to take the lead on offseason strategy and stacking the HC list. Williams is the interim HC which is deserved based on his defense and he gets an auto interview after the season.

2. Trim the fat. Lot of contracts not being lived up to and they gotta go. Both old Tennessee buddies (Britt and Cook) are gone.

3. Draft the QB of the future, if I gotta move up so be it, I'd be ready to do so. Foles is the holdover QB until the draftee is ready. QB room is Foles, Mannion, #HighpickMFingQB.

4. Show great care in terms of who you sign defensively. CBs in particular are the key. I do not like Jenks, but it's Snead's call.

5. New HC will not get power over personnel. Stay in your lane and coach. Rams will still be a very desirable location given the patience shown with Fisher's regime; this franchise has come a long way since Georgia Frontiere days. I would prioritize head coaches with experience like Payton, Chudzinski, etc over the guys who have not done it.

6. Focus on OC/DC balance. If I hire an offensive coach, his DC hire is key and vice versa. That is critical and an enormous part of how I look at these guys as head coaches. If they start listing old friends with bad resumes they will not get the job. Guru on both sides of the ball = wins.

Big Willie

Starter
  • 3 new FAs on the OL at G, C and LT (Robinson, Battle and Brown) can compete for playing time
  • 2 WRs, one FA and a 1st round draft choice
  • New MLB and OLB ( 2nd and 3rd rounder)
  • The following players gone...Cook, Saffold, Jenkins (my list, my choice), Britt, Quick and sadly...JL
  • QB options...Foles, Mannion and......Chase Daniels? Drew Brees?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A complete rebuild of the offense is not the answer. Did that this year, 9 new starters on opening day vs last year. Turn everything over and you're back to the same place you were at the start of this year.
Not if you have competent people doing it. ;)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
1. Health

2. Better execution

3. Continuing development.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
If we don't get rid of Fisher, any new OC or offensive players won't matter in the least. They will still be hamstrung by the senile/delusional HC

fearsomefour

Legend
1. Health

2. Better execution

3. Continuing development.
Makes a person wonder on all three counts.
Is it really just bad luck when injuries occur to the same positions over and over and over and over again? Other teams may get an injury or two on the O line, not year after year of endless injuries. Maybe it is something they are doing or not doing with their O lineman.

Is better execution even possible with this staff?
I don't know. I am watching Amendola tonight who has zero drops this season.
This O is as bad as the Rams have ever had....historically bad in several facets. You start to reach the point of wondering if this team....the scouts, the coaches, the players....are professional in their approach.

Rainram

Starter
Replace Fisher with Gase (who will take charge of the offense)

Keep Williams and as much of the D (i.e. the secondary) as possible. I hope Williams wouldn't leave if Fisher left, because he's molded the defense and players to his style...a whole D scheme would set us back a bit.

Let Gase decide from there how he wants to handle the offense. I'd fine selling out for a QB...A legit NFL QB with Gurley, Tavon, a new piece or veteran and a healed OLine with Gase running it...I like our chances.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd take a good QB, a stud WR, and 3 more offensive linemen (two FAs and one draft)

This of course is subject to change based on how the rest of the season plays out, but that's it so far.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd take a good QB, a stud WR, and 3 more offensive linemen (two FAs and one draft)

This of course is subject to change based on how the rest of the season plays out, but that's it so far.
Makes sense. Let's pu some more resources in building the offense - starting with either seeing if we have a future stud QB in Mannion or drafting one if he's not. I would like a stud WR as well. Not sure what the future holds for this young O-line. I suspect they will be quite improved next season.

I honestly think much of the play calling is pretty good. The execution has been abysmal but I'm not sure who is to blame for that. I don't see any real strength in the QB position. The two we have had play this season just don't seem to be able to deliver like the position needs.

One thing that I realize is very unpopular right now though is that I'd like to see some continuity. Let these guys actually get comfortable in the offensive assignments. I'm not saying that if we have a QB that can't make plays, we stick with him. I would actually say that is where I would put most of my eggs. But the rest of the offense needs to get on the same page and if the O-line improves like I think they will and we have the QB position figured out, the plays will be there and the players will make the plays.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
We need an overhaul to the offence preferably with a new head coach I've lost my trust and confidence in Fisher. Our defense will start losing some young talent so resigning them is a must to use the high draft picks on a awful offence. Fisher's inability to build offence in 4 years is inexcusable.His last ditch effort to try and do it all this year with 5 picks in 1 off season tells me he knows he dropped the ball.Get a HC in with a offensive background, leave Williams as DC and get this young talented team rolling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Makes sense. Let's pu some more resources in building the offense - starting with either seeing if we have a future stud QB in Mannion or drafting one if he's not. I would like a stud WR as well. Not sure what the future holds for this young O-line. I suspect they will be quite improved next season.

I honestly think much of the play calling is pretty good. The execution has been abysmal but I'm not sure who is to blame for that. I don't see any real strength in the QB position. The two we have had play this season just don't seem to be able to deliver like the position needs.

One thing that I realize is very unpopular right now though is that I'd like to see some continuity. Let these guys actually get comfortable in the offensive assignments. I'm not saying that if we have a QB that can't make plays, we stick with him. I would actually say that is where I would put most of my eggs. But the rest of the offense needs to get on the same page and if the O-line improves like I think they will and we have the QB position figured out, the plays will be there and the players will make the plays.
Yeah. What's weird is that what's happening now with Foles & Keenum is the same thing that happened to Bradford over and over again. New OC, new receivers, injuries across the line, and general lack of continuity. Fisher, to me, isn't so omnipotent that he can crush the offense single-handedly. Particularly since he's the one who keeps bringing in all these new players and coaches to get it right. I agree that there should be more continuity, and that can only happen when you have players playing together for good stretches of time. But that doesn't eliminate the need for difference-makers - like a Holt or Bruce or Warner. I guess we need a little bit of both. More continuity and a difference maker or two to take some pressure off of those who need more time to develop.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah. What's weird is that what's happening now with Foles & Keenum is the same thing that happened to Bradford over and over again. New OC, new receivers, injuries across the line, and general lack of continuity. Fisher, to me, isn't so omnipotent that he can crush the offense single-handedly. Particularly since he's the one who keeps bringing in all these new players and coaches to get it right. I agree that there should be more continuity, and that can only happen when you have players playing together for good stretches of time. But that doesn't eliminate the need for difference-makers - like a Holt or Bruce or Warner. I guess we need a little bit of both. More continuity and a difference maker or two to take some pressure off of those who need more time to develop.
Right. We just brought in a true play maker at RB. We have a young O-line that IMO doesn't look like chopped liver. A difference making QB may be what it takes. I admit that I have never been impressed by either Foles or Keenum so I may be biased about that. Still, I would so much like to see what at true stud QB could do in this offense.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
My personal wishlist:

1) New head coach----Jeff has lost any of my confidence to right the ship. No sure who I want as a replacement.

2) Resign all defensive players----keep what appears to be our strength.

3) Offense needs a total overhaul----the only ones I'd keep are the rookies and Austin.

:baghead::headexplosion::baghead::headexplosion:
Agree with all unfortunately but I would keep Brian Quick. I'm not quitting on him yet. Give him a full offseason and see if he can get it together.