Things you can bank with the pick at 10

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's something I would like to discuss. I keep seeing player options thrown out there who I don't think the Rams will choose at 10 because of things that I believe will influence Snead and Fish. So I figured I'd throw those things out for discussion and see if you guys think I'm nuts:

1. He will be a projected starter next year. Those two are in their 4th season now. That pick will not be a guy going into a glutted position like DE.

2. He will be an offensive player. Sure, Snead/Fish play it tight to the vest, but they are not stupid. This offense needs talent and need/value will be there at 10.

3. Trading up or down is in play. One thing these guys do is stick to their board. They tend to identify favorites and maneuvre as needed to get them.

4. They will not reach. This spills into the previous but my point here is if their guy at 10 is Scherff only in the OL group, and he is gone, they will take from another position group or as previously mentioned trade down.

5. If they don't take OT in the first their chances of doing so in the second become very high.

Some of those are obvious, granted, but I believe that in this particular draft we will have a reasonable idea of what to expect simply because of the small areas of need this team now has vs the draft's strengths. Trade down if it happens muddies the water a bit, but depending on where they drop to I still think we will have a clue for prognosticating on draft day.

lockdnram21

Legend
It might not be offense in first round. Only weakness on offense is line and if we resign Barksdale we just need a g. Think between Barnes, Jones, and Rhaney one of t he m will be C. Don't need to draft wr high because deep draft. Anything could happen

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
What if we draft Gurley, then trade back into rd 1 for a RT i.e.: Flowers??? Though I'm not sure what the draft capital value is.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I haven't been disappointed in our 1st round picks since Snisher came to town, and I don't expect to this year either! :D

FrankenRam

Starter
Here's something I would like to discuss. I keep seeing player options thrown out there who I don't think the Rams will choose at 10 because of things that I believe will influence Snead and Fish. So I figured I'd throw those things out for discussion and see if you guys think I'm nuts:

1. He will be a projected starter next year. Those two are in their 4th season now. That pick will not be a guy going into a glutted position like DE.

2. He will be an offensive player. Sure, Snead/Fish play it tight to the vest, but they are not stupid. This offense needs talent and need/value will be there at 10.

3. Trading up or down is in play. One thing these guys do is stick to their board. They tend to identify favorites and maneuvre as needed to get them.

4. They will not reach. This spills into the previous but my point here is if their guy at 10 is Scherff only in the OL group, and he is gone, they will take from another position group or as previously mentioned trade down.

5. If they don't take OT in the first their chances of doing so in the second become very high.

Some of those are obvious, granted, but I believe that in this particular draft we will have a reasonable idea of what to expect simply because of the small areas of need this team now has vs the draft's strengths. Trade down if it happens muddies the water a bit, but depending on where they drop to I still think we will have a clue for prognosticating on draft day.

I tend to believe you can't really 'bank' on anything. There are some things I would believe are more probable than others....

1. Isn't that the hope/plan every year.(?) I'd take a WAG at the probability of the pick being a DL at no more than 33%. But..... there do seem to be a number of DL consistently mocked as top 10 picks, so I wouldn't rule it out. By contrast, Scherff seems to be the only OL I see consistently mocked in that group. And then there's always the 'What if Mariotta falls to 10....' scenario.

2. In theory, I'd agree. But it seems there's a good chance none of MM, Scherff, White, or Cooper will still be on the board at 10. What direction do they go if that scenario occurs. So, in reality, I'm not sure I'd give this > than a 50/50 chance at the moment.

3. Definitely. Probably more so than in any other Snisher draft.

4. Gawd, I hope you're right on that one.

5. I'm not so convinced it will be an OT. If you'd said OL, I would have said there's an 80% chance you're correct. But since you specified OT, I suspect the probabilities are much less....unless it's an OT they convert to OG. Of course, this one is highly dependent on what transpires with Barksdale, IMO.