Things to watch for in final games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What are you gonna be watching for in our last two? Here's my list:

1. Is Boras up to snuff as OC. Answer to this will probably not be clear come the offseason, but there is a chance we will see the same offense we saw in the first half vs tampa in both games, where they are actually playing as one unit and executing.

2. GRob. Him finishing strong would be enormous for next season and beyond. This team needs him to start executing, gonna have my eye on him and my fingers crossed.

3. Wichmann. He is likely Roger's replacement next season. I like what I have seen thus far, and hoping he can get better each of the next two.

4. Alexander. He has struggled a bit in coverage decision making, being late gettin over, but still has looked pretty good given how green he was when drafted. His play will factor largely in the FA decisions looming with McLeod and Barron.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I would add these to your list, Merlin.

5. Does Keenum look like a possible starter? Can he have success playing in this "new" Boras system? 'Cause he was pretty damned effective in that Buc game until Fisher muzzled the passing O. I doubt that Fisher will be muzzling Keenum in this Seahawk game. Lol.

6. Should Barnes be our starting C next year? Or is an upgrade via draft or FA required?

7. Should Cook be retained as our starting TE? Right now, I would prefer getting a less expensive and probably better TE upgrade in the draft.

8. Does Long have a future as starter with the Rams? Never mind the salary issue. I currently think an upgrade in the draft will come by Day Two.

9. Which CB, Jenkins or TruJo, will make the better case to be the one retained? Currently, I give Tru the edge, although I'm hoping to keep both.

10. Do Hayes and/or Sims look adequate as DE backups for the '16 season? Could be hugely important since Quinn is gonna be an unknown after his surgery and we will have either an injury prone and aging Long OR a drafted rookie at the other end position.

That's 10 questions, between us, that just might give us a glimpse into Ram offseason strategy. There will be no shortage of topics as mull our options.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Some pride don't just call it in and even though it would hurt our draft position finish the season strong.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I would add these to your list, Merlin.

5. Does Keenum look like a possible starter? Can he have success playing in this "new" Boras system? 'Cause he was pretty damned effective in that Buc game until Fisher muzzled the passing O. I doubt that Fisher will be muzzling Keenum in this Seahawk game. Lol.

6. Should Barnes be our starting C next year? Or is an upgrade via draft or FA required?

7. Should Cook be retained as our starting TE? Right now, I would prefer getting a less expensive and probably better TE upgrade in the draft.

8. Does Long have a future as starter with the Rams? Never mind the salary issue. I currently think an upgrade in the draft will come by Day Two.

9. Which CB, Jenkins or TruJo, will make the better case to be the one retained? Currently, I give Tru the edge, although I'm hoping to keep both.

10. Do Hayes and/or Sims look adequate as DE backups for the '16 season? Could be hugely important since Quinn is gonna be an unknown after his surgery and we will have either an injury prone and aging Long OR a drafted rookie at the other end position.

That's 10 questions, between us, that just might give us a glimpse into Ram offseason strategy. There will be no shortage of topics as mull our options.
6. I sure hope there is an upgrade available at C next year. Barnes if ok, but a good to great C would do the o-line wonders.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Pride. Prove who you were supposed to be this year. That stuff carries over year to year. Losing gets into the spirit of a person. I fear guys like Long and JL have become used to being losers.

Never ever lie down in life and lose as a strategy. Draft position my arse. Guys that think like that play too much Madden.

Forgive me if that sounds personal. Win downs. Win drives. Win games. Beat the Shehawks soundly. Destroy the whiners so the game is over in the first half.

Accept nothing else.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  1. Coaching...The last two games the Rams have not had many penalties and have played smart now granted the opponents were beatable and this will be an ultimate test especially on the road, but I want this trend to continue and hopefully carry over to next season.
  2. Concur about Rob Boras big test today and I am anxious to see what Boras has in store for the Seahawks who are playing extremely well. Last week he involved the tight ends in the passing game by hitting Cook down the seam I hope this continues and Cook catches the football again.
  3. Pass rush besides Aaron Donald. Against the Buccaneers Donald was only one putting pressure on the Quarterback where as everyone else on the defensive line was non existent. Need to see more from the likes of Hayes, Westbrooks and Sims.