Things I'm disappointed in.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
1. The pass defense. This is the thing that truly lost the game today.

2. Rodger Saffold. He has become twice as fragile as anything Danny Amendola proved to be.

3. Downfield passing game. Hard to see what the problem is on TV. Is it the receivers, the QB, or the scheme?

4. Getting Austin, Cook, and Quick involved. Seems to me that these are the three most important cogs to our offense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sum1BTRthnU said:

2. Rodger Saffold. He has become twice as fragile as anything Danny Amendola proved to be.

3. Downfield passing game. Hard to see what the problem is on TV. Is it the receivers, the QB, or the scheme?

4. Getting Austin, Cook, and Quick involved. Seems to me that these are the three most important cogs to our offense.

Hard to argue with this.

On your point #4... this is something Schotty needs to improve upon. There was a lot of preseason "speculation" that we were playing vanilla and saving the playbook... well? Are we still saving it?

We've been out-schemed in the first half of both games. Not sure what Schottenheimer does preparing for games because so far he is getting smoked by the opposing team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Add to that ...

Constant stupid penalties on kick returns. Fucking OUT. OF. CONTROL.

Starting from the 20 yard line seems like we're at mid-field.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
Add to that ...

Constant stupid penalties on kick returns. Fucking OUT. OF. CONTROL.

Agreed!

I was excited to start at the 20...I said to my buddy on the third possession, "At least we finally have good field position"...WTF!

bskrilla

Starter
Sum1BTRthnU said:

While I agree to an extent, Cook had 150 yards and 2 td's last week and Tavon had 2 td's this week. They can't all catch 2 td's every week.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
bskrilla said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

While I agree to an extent, Cook had 150 yards and 2 td's last week and Tavon had 2 td's this week. They can't all catch 2 td's every week.

Oh yes they should... they're just not scheming well enough. :tooth:

A55VA6

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Selassie I said:
Add to that ...

Constant stupid penalties on kick returns. freaking OUT. OF. CONTROL.

Agreed!

I was excited to start at the 20...I said to my buddy on the third possession, "At least we finally have good field position"...WTF!
Yeah.. felt like we started inside the 10 yard line everytime. Ridiculous.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Shitty FP has been dating back to last year and been a problem quite a few years before that.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
1. The ridiculous amounts of penalties

2. The crappy play of the offense and defense in the first half of both games

3. The lack of tighter coverage for the pass defense

4. Not using Tavon Austin other than in the flat...let the guy do some WR screens or quick slants

TexRamFan

Rookie
CGI_Ram said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
On your point #4... this is something Schotty needs to improve upon. There was a lot of preseason "speculation" that we were playing vanilla and saving the playbook... well? Are we still saving it?

We've been out-schemed in the first half of both games. Not sure what Schottenheimer does preparing for games because so far he is getting smoked by the opposing team.

This is something that I have been wondering as well. Fisher obviously has experience and knowledge of the game and I think this shows with the changes and adjustments they make at halftime. Spags and others never seemed to do that.

But what is Schotty doing to prepare for the teams/def ahead?

Atl was clearly prepared for all the dink-n-dunk passes and checkdown reads. They took Cook away in the process and our offense was hard to watch in the first half.

Wouldn't you think in your preparation that a team would be ready for this stuff and perhaps you would throw them a curve to start the game? Instead we did what I thought was the EXACT same thing we did against Ari. I understand the argument that field position was horrible but it almost seemed over conservative to a point.

I am excited for the Dallas game, especially since I am going, but I hope I do not see the exact same offensive game plan with no adjustments. I am not expecting a win every week, I just want to see improvements from week to week. Not a team stuck in nuetral.