Things I noticed from the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know some of this is obvious but here it is anyway.

I like Tim Ryan in the booth. He does a good job overall, but he often focuses on being the smart guy too often. Everytime the Rams got in the red zone he said, 'Watch out for Pettis'. It made him look dumb, because they didn't go to Pettis in any of those trips to the end zone.

Stacy sees the hole and adjusts too it. He does not have Arian Fosters vision but it is much better than Pead or Richardson.

Richardson has zero vision. None. He had holes open up but he never saw them. One in particular opened to the outside and could have been a big gain with his speed. Maybe he needs glasses. I hope the team can replace him next year.

Stacy was very close to injuring his leg in the Houston game. In the red zone on the second TD drive an Olinemen fell very close to his lower leg, while coming back to block. It appeared that a tackle from behind pushed Stacy's momentum forward and away from being rolled on. Lucky break.

Bradford's second pass to Cook was very good. He was so close to being hit and it was right on the money. Myers or Ryan commented on how quick Sam's release was. I was wondering if he knew how close the defender was. Considering how well Sam moved up in the pocket the entire game, I would guess he knew. I was really down on Sam a few weeks ago but he looked like a different QB in this game. He was confident and adjusted to pressure very well. I guess there are still signs of his potential coming through.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just like college. He's very good at finding the hole and squirting or powering through. I was stumped as to why it took so long to try him out as a regular rusher with the lack of success rushing this season but I'm very glad he's starting. Third and three doesn't mean pass every time anymore.

The complete disappearance of Pead has me wondering and the rush up the middle over and over for DR does too. If they could use DR more productively, they could have a consistent game out of the backfield.

jap

Legend
RamzFanz said:
Just like college. He's very good at finding the hole and squirting or powering through. I was stumped as to why it took so long to try him out as a regular rusher with the lack of success rushing this season but I'm very glad he's starting. Third and three doesn't mean pass every time anymore.

Don't forget Stacy was banged up somewhat in pre-season. Plus, he is a rookie learning an NFL-level playbook for the first time. He probably required time to digest the plays while healing from his assorted painful knick-knacks early on.

RamzFanz said:
The complete disappearance of Pead has me wondering and the rush up the middle over and over for DR does too. If they could use DR more productively, they could have a consistent game out of the backfield.

DR is dealing with a sore toe, and he hardly cuts even when he's healthy.

You got me with Isaiah. Pead used to dance too much (early rookie season), started to display much more discipline, upgraded his pass blocking very well, and has the best hands out of the backfield except for Tavon. Maybe they are getting ready to bury him next to Jimmy Hoffa. Maybe he's our secret weapon against the Dirty SeaBirds a couple Monday nights from now. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Horns coaches? The Fisher King knows. Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jap said:
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Horns coaches? The Fisher King knows. Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!

Is that a reference to THIS guy?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E10tTozjxmA[/youtube]

jap

Legend
RamFan503 said:
jap said:
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Horns coaches? The Fisher King knows. Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!

Actually, I was referencing the old radio drama, The Shadow.

Narrator: Who knows what evil lurks on the hearts of men? The Shadow knows! Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
jap said:
RamFan503 said:
jap said:

Actually, I was referencing the old radio drama, The Shadow.

Narrator: Who knows what evil lurks on the hearts of men? The Shadow knows! Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!
I thought that was an interesting combination of Arthurian legend, The Shadow and football :)