"They still never threw the ball down field"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's exactly right. It's what we do to passing offenses ourselves on occasion.
Getting lost in all this is the fact that Buffalo's defense is no slouch.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's exactly right. It's what we do to passing offenses ourselves on occasion.
Getting lost in all this is the fact that Buffalo's defense is no slouch.
That's what the coaches should have game planned for then . I saw one jet sweep that gained good yards and I think one screen play that went for big yards . How about running it more than once till they prove they can stop it , like Buffalo did against us with the running game .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
All the fan experts "knew" Wentz wasn't ready
who in the hell thought that? Just looking at him in the SENIOR Bowl, he & Dak looked READY to perform....

Makes me so angry that they basically Gameplan for out routes all day cuz that's what we call. The one deep ball we took quick was wide open. Just because he missed doesn't mean let's stop takin shots?! Hell Tavon ran 10 quick outs, have him run an out and up and it's probably easy 6 with the way they were jumping outs
Really this...out and up...they should have noticed in the booth, hey, these guys are biting on the short stuff, lets throw some double moves....but the way we got the ball floating around...:confused::banghead::palm:

The OP was correct before you guys got sidetracked on nitpicking Keenum's arm strength. It's the fact that Fisher and the Rams do not put an emphasis on that part of the game. When other teams (just as in the OP) are telling you publicly they know you can't and won't throw the ball downfield, then maybe it's something to address? We have seen this in how defenses play us all year.
I wanted to say....The OP may have hit on a lot of stuff guys, but his point remains, TEAMS DON'T EVEN GAMEPLAN FOR DEEP PASSES....AND NO, I'M NOT BLAMING THE COACHES....PLAYERS PLAY...KEENUM SUPPOSEDLY HAS AUDIBLE POWERS...HE REFUSES TO LOOK DEEP...EVEN WHEN HE DOES HAVE TIME...THE PLAY TO QUICK WAS A TD, YET WE DON'T THROW ANOTHER DOWNFIELD PASS THE ENTIRE HALF????PLAYING NOT TO LOSE MUCH?:jerkoff:
Still, we're on pace for 14-2....:shades:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's what the coaches should have game planned for then . I saw one jet sweep that gained good yards and I think one screen play that went for big yards . How about running it more than once till they prove they can stop it , like Buffalo did against us with the running game .
I don't have an answer to that. And it's not really possible to game plan for what an opposing defense is gonna do, at least not until they do it. Then in-game adjustments have to be made once you gain an understanding of how they're attacking you. I was a bit surprised that they didn't commit more towards stopping the run, until I saw that they didn't really have to. They were able to contain it with fewer men in the box. Gurley noticed it too.

(On if he feels as if he’s improving every game)
“Oh yeah, most definitely. They really didn’t have too many in the box.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
Austin ran a million end around and jet sweeps last year...and they worked 9/10 for usually good yardage. And it helped Gurley run a ton. Where is that? Why take out what worked?
????????????????????

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Maybe we should buy the coaches the newest Madden game so they can learn how to spam plays that work.

But seriously though, there were several plays that were great and never seen again. I thought play action was a real thing, it worked great once, then it disappeared. Oh well. My soul is numb enough to continue enduring this.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Goff Wentz Goff Wentz ~~~~~~~~~~
All I know is Wentz would look just as good a Goff holding that clipboard.
Till Fishers thickness over Keenum goes away neither would be starting for the Rams.
It's really Obvious.

RamzFanz

Damnit
He did not want to throw deeper because he lacks the confidence, no ability to do this consistently. He has to put ALL he has into a throw to go anywhere near " deep" , which to is is basically 30 yd pass, and when he does reach down , and tear his soul muscling that huge 35 yd BOMB, he has no control, as he had to give up any chance of that to get the range.

I was going to advise you to watch some highlights, but I see @-X- has taken care of that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has a good point . Wentz looks like the man in charge of the offense, and Goff looks like a scared kid . Why lie

Did you see that terrible interception he threw at the end of the game? They only needed a fg and had time to dink and dunk but he threw into double coverage.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you see that terrible interception he threw at the end of the game? They only needed a fg and had time to dink and dunk but he threw into double coverage.

I saw it , but the guy made a good play . Plus he threw it about 60 yards with little effort , and that was his first mistake in 4 games . Keenum has two pick 6's

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
You can make fun of Bradford is you like but he has a home in Minnesota. Working with a real OC. He has looked great. If he stays healthy he is poised to lead that team deep into the playoffs.
Not held back by a lame mismatched approach (St Louis, Philly) or health he has displayed his strengths.
Bradford getting MVP talk as Minnesota wins the NFC? Not outrageous at all.

Wasn't making if fun of SammyB as a QB, I wanted to see him take the Rams to a SB. Dude just looks funny when he gets that crazy eye...

In all seriousness though it's amazing what he's doing in Minnesota - that's what happens when you have a good OC and an athlete with talent and ability.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My thing is.......... If the Rams lose at Detroit and fall to 3-3 because of another Feeble rezone performance combined with Keenum not playing well, that the would be the last straw for me.
Keenum vs Goff discussion aside...
Assuming we get our guys back on the DLine, i think this will be the crossroads game that ultimately determines our season.
4-2 or 3-3
apathy-red-pill-blue-pill-300x199.jpg

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Keenum vs Goff discussion aside...
Assuming we get our guys back on the DLine, i think this will be the crossroads game that ultimately determines our season.
4-2 or 3-3
apathy-red-pill-blue-pill-300x199.jpg
Yes Mojo and I just now posted a thread about the History and Significance of the Detroit game. Crossroads is a great description..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The OP started off with such an interesting premise and then turned into crap so quickly. Hopefully, that won't also describe our season.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wasn't making if fun of SammyB as a QB, I wanted to see him take the Rams to a SB. Dude just looks funny when he gets that crazy eye...

In all seriousness though it's amazing what he's doing in Minnesota - that's what happens when you have a good OC and an athlete with talent and ability.
And some quality receivers....and playing with a lead.
That D at home is nasty.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
I think it's on the OC and Fisher. We were last in offense last year, probably going to be there again.

It doesn't matter if you draft new players but don't use them. Doesn't matter if you have great players but don't fit the system to their skills. Fisher needs to hire and stick with a legitimate OC.

To me, that was what hurt on the trade up for Goff. For what we do on offense we could have used the picks more on other spots (cb, wr, ol).

At this point, I wonder if Goff will be a good qb for our next coach. If Stan doesn't extend Fisher. I'm not sure I see 6 more wins this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let's look at a few examples of Keenum struggling to throw a 35 yard bomb and sacrificing accuracy to do it.

54 yards.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-to-Kenny-Britt-for-54-Yards/57282c2a-4916-420d-9e3b-f552058784f9

53 in the air.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-to-Chris-Givens-for-an-80-Yard-TD/414c8370-cf3b-49d8-919b-022838565532

At the 30 second mark: 50 yards in the air, in stride.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Highlights-Buccaneers-at-Rams-Week-15/fea3b088-6474-4c97-b86c-6bf69d62e7ca

50 yards in the air. Accurate, not much effort.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRRPyyvyEbw

And these are just the videos available. If you'd like me to make my own to expand the sample size, then say the word.

I think you've proved your obvious point, WE SHOULD DEFINATELY BENCH KEENUM!!" And "YES" you should produce your own video, to further prove this point!!(y):D:shades::cheers: