"They still never threw the ball down field"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
" we just kept going with our game plan. Sure enough, they still never threw the ball down field"
Nickell Roby-Coleman

Every fan, every forum, every analyst has been bemoaning Rams, or Keenums lack of down field threat. Every sane person knows this is a big reason why Todd Gurley is getting eaten alive...big reason not entire reason.

Now the opposing teams are publicly stating they don't even gameplay for any down field atuud, and we fail to take advantage of that.

Fisher has got to go. He is like a stubborn child, refusing to admit his way is no longer valid. All the offensive coordinators he has had, with all the football experience they had, I can't believe not one of them did not see this teams lack of a passing game as an issue. Not one of them said " hmmm spread the field, run the ball easier" or " hmm seems like everyone plays 8 up on us" no, it begins and ends with Fisher. He will never adapt, never evolve. For God sake, he even signed a qb to start who physically is unable to be effective down field, and passed up the more physically gifted prospect, the one who's run a offense that was run dominate and took snaps under center, and made reads, and opted for a guy with lesser physical tools, tools irrelevant to Fisher because he refuses to look past 10 yd outs.

Keenum ,in very SAFE FG range, on 3rd and 15 throws a pass 3 yds past the L.O.S. , and does so almost at the beginning g of his progressions. Did not increase our FG position relevantly at all, it was 1st HALF!! Not last 5 seconds. He did not want to throw deeper because he lacks the confidence, no ability to do this consistently. He has to put ALL he has into a throw to go anywhere near " deep" , which to is is basically 30 yd pass, and when he does reach down , and tear his soul muscling that huge 35 yd BOMB, he has no control, as he had to give up any chance of that to get the range.

Goff came across as a goofy, not confident, work. Did not show me any type of leadership qualities at HardKnocks. Just like before the draft with Marriuci at the chalkboard, I felt Wentz made Goff look like the kid in the team everyone took care of because they felt sorry for him. Personally, id live to see Mansion. Personally I think we are screwed no matter what, until Standard nuts up and cans Fisher

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
You wrote all those words just to say you think we should have drafted Wentz?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You wrote all those words just to say you think we should have drafted Wentz?
He has a good point . Wentz looks like the man in charge of the offense, and Goff looks like a scared kid . Why lie

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He has to put ALL he has into a throw to go anywhere near " deep" , which to is is basically 30 yd pass, and when he does reach down , and tear his soul muscling that huge 35 yd BOMB, he has no control, as he had to give up any chance of that to get the range.
Your hyperbole is beyond ridiculous.
And that whole statement is labored and false.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Goff came across as a goofy, not confident, work. Did not show me any type of leadership qualities at HardKnocks. Just like before the draft with Marriuci at the chalkboard, I felt Wentz made Goff look like the kid in the team everyone took care of because they felt sorry for him.

Do you feel better getting that off of your chest?........"I chuckle at your observations"
G3CniwV.gif

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Well, I guess the solution is now obvious - for the rest of the season we will constantly throw down field. :whistle:

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm no Goff lover, but I'm not gonna judge Goff by a reality entertainment show like "Hard Knocks" and preseason games to declare him goofy or not confident. All the fan experts "knew" Wentz wasn't ready and it would be a disaster when the Eagles started him, and that was incorrect. My suspicion is the fans declaring Goff "not ready" are also incorrect, but we'll simply never know the truth, we'll guess in hindsight from Goff's performance if and when he ever starts.

Your Keenum observations are spot on and funny. Always looks like he's shot putting an elephant any time he throws deep. But it's not about style points, defenses are so pressed up to the LOS that even his ugly straining "deep" flutter ball should work most of the time. He's giving Fisher exactly what he wants so I'm not gonna blame Keenum.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He has a good point . Wentz looks like the man in charge of the offense, and Goff looks like a scared kid . Why lie

If the Rams drafted Wentz he'd be sitting right where Goff is. We don't know what Goff can do because he hasn't had the opportunity. Wentz didn't have a good preseason either but Philly said heck with it, traded Bradford and went with Wentz. Fisher doesn't operate that way.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Before the whole Goff/Wentz debate started (and I was in the Wentz camp all along), I wanted the Rams to keep drafting BPA and grab Prescott. I saw the guy as another Wilson. How good would the offense look with him and say Will Fuller? We could have used the 2nd rounder on another LB, CB or OL? The Rams took the lazy route. Gave up all those picks, tried to grab a franchise QB and may have even botched that, ala Cleveland in McNabbs draft. If they botched this, we're all doomed and headed towards a regime change.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I don't want to start trashing Goff here before he has a chance to get in there. I also think Keenum has had some rough criticism. I think Keenum has done some incredible things and some terrible things.

The scramble and throw to Quick was impressive. Much like the one last week to Kendricks that was called back on the petty ineligible man down field play. He will be a great QB to have as a backup.

The pick six was horrible. That, and Fishers 2 bad decisions, along with McCoy's 5-7 runs up our depleted gut made the difference.

The Rams also have to get more aggressive in the red zone. I think Goff helps there.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams drafted Wentz he'd be sitting right where Goff is. We don't know what Goff can do because he hasn't had the opportunity. Wentz didn't have a good preseason either but Philly said heck with it, traded Bradford and went with Wentz. Fisher doesn't operate that way.
I agree . That's why Fisher will never get over the hump . Yesterday was a prime example and us fans deserve better .
The Rams are still mediocre at best and we have a coach with 7 winning seasons out of 22 . How is that possible ?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before the whole Goff/Wentz debate started (and I was in the Wentz camp all along), I wanted the Rams to keep drafting BPA and grab Prescott. I saw the guy as another Wilson. How good would the offense look with him and say Will Fuller? We could have used the 2nd rounder on another LB, CB or OL? The Rams took the lazy route. Gave up all those picks, tried to grab a franchise QB and may have even botched that, ala Cleveland in McNabbs draft. If they botched this, we're all doomed and headed towards a regime change.
Well said . I think that's what we are all afraid of . Thank god we are not Cleveland fans .

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I agree . That's why Fisher will never get over the hump . Yesterday was a prime example and us fans deserve better .
The Rams are still mediocre at best and we have a coach with 7 winning seasons out of 22 . How is that possible ?

I think Stan's philosophy is longevity in coaches. He likes stability. And thats fine if you have the right coach. If you have the wrong one,well, you get a lot of 7-9 seasons.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Let's look at a few examples of Keenum struggling to throw a 35 yard bomb and sacrificing accuracy to do it.

54 yards.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-to-Kenny-Britt-for-54-Yards/57282c2a-4916-420d-9e3b-f552058784f9

53 in the air.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-to-Chris-Givens-for-an-80-Yard-TD/414c8370-cf3b-49d8-919b-022838565532

At the 30 second mark: 50 yards in the air, in stride.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Highlights-Buccaneers-at-Rams-Week-15/fea3b088-6474-4c97-b86c-6bf69d62e7ca

50 yards in the air. Accurate, not much effort.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRRPyyvyEbw

And these are just the videos available. If you'd like me to make my own to expand the sample size, then say the word.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's look at a few examples of Keenum struggling to throw a 35 yard bomb and sacrificing accuracy to do it.

54 yards.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-to-Kenny-Britt-for-54-Yards/57282c2a-4916-420d-9e3b-f552058784f9

53 in the air.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-to-Chris-Givens-for-an-80-Yard-TD/414c8370-cf3b-49d8-919b-022838565532

At the 30 second mark: 50 yards in the air, in stride.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Highlights-Buccaneers-at-Rams-Week-15/fea3b088-6474-4c97-b86c-6bf69d62e7ca

50 yards in the air. Accurate, not much effort.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRRPyyvyEbw

And these are just the videos available. If you'd like me to make my own to expand the sample size, then say the word.

Nice work , but show me one where he doesn't have to take three steps before throwing. He can throw the long ball but he needs a clean pocket in front of him . He has below average arm strength in my opinion just by watching him throw the sideline outs . No zip

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice work , but show me one where he doesn't have to take three steps before throwing. He can throw the long ball but he needs a clean pocket in front of him . He has below average arm strength in my opinion just by watching him throw the sideline outs . No zip
Before I do, tell me how many steps he should take on a 5 or 7 step drop.
And then show me a clip of a throw from another QB who meets the criteria you're laying out.

This will help me get what you're looking for, because I have a pretty significant amount of plays to sift through.