These playoffs continue to be real eye openers for me...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Carolina's offense isn't that much different than the Rams, substitute Gurley for Newton running the ball and resign our defensive stars and they are very close.

Carolina scored 500 points this year to the Rams 280.

Gurley had a wonderful year, but there is no substitution for a QB having an MVP season.

Rams won't stumble onto another Cam Newton. But while they want as balanced a team as possible, running game and defense won't bring them championships because they're not the only team in the conference or even their own division that has these things.

Seattle still has the division's best defense and running game. Arizona the best passing game. Rams have to do something better than them to pass them in the standings.

Last edited:

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Watching these playoff teams makes me realize our D is THAT good. Not one of them hits and scares QBs like we do. Our guys get worn out and have no faith in the offense. The three and outs are murder on a defense.

We need an offense (I know I am preaching to the choir) but with Fisher around......... you know my rant

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This team and it's coach look eerily familiar to the 98 team to me in a couple respects.

A one time Superbowl losing coach with an old school approach to offense and game planning in general? Check.
A solid defense that isn't QUITE good enough to make up for an inept, historically bad offense? You betcha.

The difference being that the Rams were able to COMPLETELY overhaul their offense in 99. With a mixture of shrewd deal making, a great #1 pick and amazing good luck, the Rams caught lightning in a bottle. This defense has the potential to be better than the 99-01 defenses (2000 was horrible), so I don't think they need a top 10 QB necessarily. Honestly, I think this team coulda made noise this year in the playoffs if we had Matt fuggin Hasselbeck at QB.

What they DO need is stability on the OL to protect whoever IS at QB. People tend to discount just how good that 99-03 Rams OL was. They were as important to that offense as any one position. Those routes take time to develop and Kurt had good protection for the most part. We need the young guys on the OL to continue to get better and hope they stay healthy. Make a decision on a QB and get them up to speed on whatever scheme we are going with and get out there and kick in some teeth. Simple as that!!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Carolina scored 500 points this year to the Rams 280.

Gurley had a wonderful year, but there is no substitution for a QB having an MVP season.

Rams won't stumble onto another Cam Newton. But while they want as balanced a team as possible, running game and defense won't bring them championships because they're not the only team in the conference or even their own division that has these things.

Seattle still has the division's best defense and running game. Arizona the best passing game. Rams have to do something better than them to pass them in the standings.
How many games did Seattle win vs the Rams this year? Seattle and Arizona combine?