These Aren't My Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
im not sure what it is, I watch these games, I see these names and numbers and I just feel....a disconnect. I feel like these are players playing Rams. Something doesn't feel the same. It's unfamiliar....I watch these games because it's what I've done every Sunday of football season since I was a young teen. I'm not sure what else to do. But this team, this current Rams team...has issues holding my attention. I hate that. I believe part of it is the youth. I don't know so many of these guys. I obviously know who they are, where they came from and what not, but it's not like having Torry and Isaac and Marshal. Does anyone else struggle like this? Am I losing my fan boy mentality? Or am I just tired of the color grey? The product seems "blah" some times. Idk just had to get this out.

jjab360

Legend
Times change, so do the players on the field. I don't really know what to say, if you don't want to watch, then don't..

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The players, coaches, and even the game itself changes but the horns remain the same. Keep your eyes on the horns. :)

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not that I don't want to watch. I do want to watch. I'm well aware that times and players change. I am trying to find others that may relate.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
im not sure what it is, I watch these games, I see these names and numbers and I just feel....a disconnect. I feel like these are players playing Rams. Something doesn't feel the same. It's unfamiliar....I watch these games because it's what I've done every Sunday of football season since I was a young teen. I'm not sure what else to do. But this team, this current Rams team...has issues holding my attention. I hate that. I believe part of it is the youth. I don't know so many of these guys. I obviously know who they are, where they came from and what not, but it's not like having Torry and Isaac and Marshal. Does anyone else struggle like this? Am I losing my fan boy mentality? Or am I just tired of the color grey? The product seems "blah" some times. Idk just had to get this out.

o_O:cautious:o_O

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What are you talking about?

What's not to identify with Aaron Donald?

I could plug 8 of these guys into the 99 squad

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You need to get more invested is the problem I see. This team isn't the 2009 team, and that team wasn't the 1999 team, and that team wasn't the 1992 team, and that team wasn't the late 80's team, and that team wasn't the 79 team, and so on and so on. If you don't connect with anyone on this team, then you need to make more of an effort I guess. Read more about them, watch more interviews and highlight videos, things like that.

StLouieRam

UDFA
How can you not love Chris Long? what a character - these are my St. Louis Rams. I'm just really really really bummed we aren't making the playoffs. Really bummed. The season is over, I hate bringing in the new year like this.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I do love Long and JL. And I understand the teams change, the players change. All I'm saying is that I do not relate with this years unit. Idk y

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Odd. I like this team MORE than any since 2006ish. Lots of good young players. Lots of characters as some have said. Lot to love about this squad.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I do love the swagger of the defense. I think the problem for me is no defining figure on offense. Maybe a revitalized Sam or new QB will do it. I'm no less of a fan, it's just that I don't find myself getting angry anymore, I don't even find myself clapping or cheering during a big play. Idk maybe it's menopause lol

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I do love Long and JL. And I understand the teams change, the players change. All I'm saying is that I do not relate with this years unit. Idk y
There are many new names in horns the past 3 years.
I'm not sure how old you are, but it sounds like you may not have gone through many changes as some of the older fans.
You'll get use to it. Just stay the course.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I do love the swagger of the defense. I think the problem for me is no defining figure on offense. Maybe a revitalized Sam or new QB will do it. I'm no less of a fan, it's just that I don't find myself getting angry anymore, I don't even find myself clapping or cheering during a big play. Idk maybe it's menopause lol
I get what you're saying about the offense! If they could score a couple td's every game you'd be interested!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
the offense is especially difficult to watch today but there are some intriguing things to watch. We obviously need OL and QB help, OL help alone would improve the offense.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Don't know about you guys but I get more excited to simply watch the defense than I do when the offense scores a TD.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Seattle is so fucking annoying they literally cheer for every play even if it's one yard. It's embarrassing as a fan.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Seattle is so freaking annoying they literally cheer for every play even if it's one yard. It's embarrassing as a fan.

That's how they boost momentum. If St. Louis fans had the same kind of passion, they would play inspired as well.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think what you are saying is this team doesn't win as much as you would like to see. You mentioned Torry, Isaac and Marshall, and they all were part of a Rams team that won most of their games.