theScore is reporting: Shanahan to be fired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No link yet. Awkward for this to leak before a game!

(Same source reporting Leslie Frazier to be fired)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://beta.thescore.com/nfl/news/394281

The Washington Post is reporting that Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan will be fired after the season concludes.

According to multiple sources the decision could come down as early as Sunday night after the Redskins close out their season against the New York Giants.

Shanahan is in his fourth season with the Redskins and has compiled a 24-39 record as head coach. Washington is 3-12 heading into Sunday and have endured a tumultuous campaign that included Shanahan's decision to sit quarterback Robert Griffin III for the final three games of the year.

---

Washington Redskins coordinators Kyle Shanahan and Jim Haslett spoke with the media on Thursday and, whether they meant to or not, indicated change is coming.

Asked about the experience of working alongside his father, Shanahan said, viaRich Tandler of CSNWashington.com: "It's been a great experience being with him. It's something that I'm definitely glad that I had—or have had."

Haslett also distanced himself from the Redskins when asked about the future of the organization.

"I do think they have the nucleus to have a good team," he said.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My dog also made the same prediction last week.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My dog also made the same prediction last week.

That dog's a keeper!

What I found odd about the report was the timing. That's a great motivator for this team today, hahaha!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
S.I. picking up the story now.

Mike Shanahan could be fired as early as Sunday night, per report
NFC EAST, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

BY CHRIS BURKE
mike-shanahan-update-washington-redskins.jpg

The Redskins have lost seven straight games. (Jonathan Newton / The Washington Post via Getty Images)

Mike Shanahan “definitely” will be fired as Washington’s head coach, a source told theWashington Post. That move could come as early as Sunday night, according to Post‘s report. Washington concludes its regular season with a game against the Giants in the 1 p.m. ET slot.

FOX’s Jay Glazer said Sunday that he believes Shanahan and Minnesota’s Leslie Frazier are “out,” likely along with Detroit’s Jim Schwartz.

Washington’s season has flown completely off the rails since an overtime win bumped its record to 3-5. Shanahan’s team has not won since that game versus San Diego back on Nov. 3, carrying seven straight losses into Week 17.

Shanahan also spearheaded the decision to shut down Robert Griffin III for the season prior to Week 15, a move that again has put in question Griffin’s ability to stay healthy and be the franchise’s long-term answer at quarterback.

Worse yet for the Redskins, the team will cede its first-round pick to St. Louis as part of the deal to move up for RGIII in the 2012 draft. The Rams were set to pick No. 2 headed into Week 17 as a result of that scenario, with the opportunity to move up to No. 1 if Washington lost Sunday.

Shanahan has one season left on his current contract at an estimated $7 million. An earlier report indicated that Washington might try to withhold most or all of that money claiming a breach of contract.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And in other "shocking news", water is wet. That has been a foregone conclusion in the DC area for weeks. The Orangeskin will no longer be a Redskin.

Ram_of_Old

When Shanny went for two points instead of a tie a few games back, the nail went into the coffin. He is a good coach, but no one can coach llittle Danny Snyder. I am sure Snyder will go after a big name coach like Cowher or Chucky Boy. He is such a worshiper of a big name. I hope he calls on the Old Ball Coach again. That turned out well huh?

As long as Littel Danny owns this team, they are doomed. Even Redskins fans that I know agree with that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yep. I live in the heart of redskin country and can't name a single person who can stand lil' Dan Dan.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
When Shanny went for two points instead of a tie a few games back, the nail went into the coffin. He is a good coach, but no one can coach llittle Danny Snyder. I am sure Snyder will go after a big name coach like Cowher or Chucky Boy. He is such a worshiper of a big name. I hope he calls on the Old Ball Coach again. That turned out well huh?

As long as Littel Danny owns this team, they are doomed. Even Redskins fans that I know agree with that.

I'm amazed how many name coaches have gone through Dan Snyder.

Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs, now Mike Shanahan. Only Jim Zorn was the nobody.

But one thing remains the same.

Ram_of_Old

I'm amazed how many name coaches have gone through Dan Snyder.

Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs, now Mike Shanahan. Only Jim Zorn was the nobody.

But one thing remains the same.

Yup, the owner sucks....