There's a QB Slide... and then there's BS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. If Donald doesn't get credit for a sack because that prick was considered a "RB" on the play, then on those plays, that prick shouldn't be afforded the slide rule at all.

I'm pretty sure any player can slide feet first and give themselves up.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The QB slide is a legit and needed play in the NFL. Most running QBs have it down to a science and are able to protect themselves as a result. That's what it's for and I wholeheartedly think that it's a protection the QBs need and deserve.

But...

That freaking Oompa Loompa we saw yesterday uses the slide in a totally unsportsmanlike manner.

A QB is supposed to give himself up with the slide so that the defenders have time to let up and not deliver a shot to the QB.

Wilson does not do this... he has perfected the art of trying to bait the refs into having to call unnecessary roughness on the hits he takes when he does the QB slide. It's BS though, and I believe he should be called out for this by the league and not offered the protection the slide affords when he tries his little freaking gimmick. Watch him... he'll wait until the defender has to commit to hitting him... and THEN... he goes into his slide. He clearly does this on purpose and I'm sick of seeing it. We watched it yesterday.

He's gonna get more than a high ankle sprain from this puss ass crap. Somebody's gonna take his head off,,, and as far as I'm concerned,,, he'll deserve every bit of it.

Stop the madness GODhell... this crap is bush league.
I too believe it was a BS Call, and I agree with what you say Wilson is pulling! But he's using the rules and How do you fix that!!?! IDK!!