There's a metaphor here, I'm sure.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Don't know where else to post this but here goes anyway. Good for the guy to go back to school but this may be a bit over the top.

View: https://twitter.com/TeamJuJu/status/964283317083193344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fprofootballtalk.nbcsports.com%2F2018%2F02%2F16%2Fjuju-smith-schuster-goes-back-to-class-wearing-his-steelers-uniform-and-pads%2F

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-class-wearing-his-steelers-uniform-and-pads/

JuJu Smith-Schuster goes back to class wearing his Steelers uniform and pads
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on February 16, 2018

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster left USC a year early to declare for the NFL Draft.

With his rookie season now in the books, Smith-Schuster looked to fulfill a promise to his mother that he would return to school despite turning pro early.

He was back in class at USC on Thursday. However, he wasn’t dressed like the rest of his classmates. Instead, Smith-Schuster was decked out in his Steelers uniform.

Smith-Schuster was in full uniform. Pads, helmet, receivers gloves, cleats, and even a Terrible Towel.

It’s a pretty easy way to answer all the questions from classmates wondering if he is who they think he is. And the best part is he’s keeping his promise to his mother as well.

Is he making sure his mom recognizes him or wearing his “do you realize who the fuck I am” outfit? Just not sure.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
His was definitely a case of quality over quantity. 336 is unbelievably low in our eyes today. But look at the numbers for all those guys in that era. All they did was run.

The dude made tons of unbelievable catches. Not just “a few in the Super Bowl”. And he was tough as nails. To say he was a prima Donna is not accurate. He took those hits from Tatum, et al and just ran back to the huddle. Guys in today’s NFL have a “do not touch” set of rules to play by. Apples and oranges.

He sure “fooled” a lot of HOF voters not as wise as some of you. :rolleyes:

He retired in 1974 and was put in the HOF in 2001. It was a "mercy fuck" IMO because he had been in the media for many years. He got denied time and time again.........his football career was good, not great, and not HOF.

#223 in yards receiving is well behind A LOT of his contemporaries.
I can't even find him in the top 300 for passes caught but can find a lot of guys that played in his era.
237 guys have more TD's. Many from his era.

Same with Namath. He was an average QB in his era, but the huge SB upset and guarantee is the fuel for him being inducted.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
He retired in 1974 and was put in the HOF in 2001. It was a "mercy freak" IMO because he had been in the media for many years. He got denied time and time again.........his football career was good, not great, and not HOF.

I can't even find him in the top 300 for passes caught but can find a lot of guys that played in his era.

Same with Namath. He was an average QB in his era, but the huge SB upset and guarantee is the fuel for him being inducted.

He was actually drafted out of USC in. ‘74 Les. But sure the rest of what you said was TOTALLY factual.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He was actually drafted out of USC in. ‘74 Les. But sure the rest of what you said was TOTALLY factual.

You are correct he came into the NFL in 74, I mispoke.

And still was average in that era.

Stalworth, his own running mate, was a better WR.

Swann is one of a few HOF inductees that make most people say "WTF is he doing in there".

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
You are correct he came into the NFL in 74, I mispoke.

And still was average in that era.

Stalworth, his own running mate, was a better WR.

Swann is one of a few HOF inductees that make most people say "WTF is he doing in there".

You’re like a dog that won’t let go of a bone sometimes, Les. You and Champ. But I do love you Les. Now sit. Stay.

Stallworth was great too. And played longer. But Swann was more talented. Guys that say “WTF is Swann doing in the HOF?” Are guys that did not watch him play. There are other examples of abbreviated careers, and lesser stats.

I would argue that Swann was better than T.O., he just played only 9 years, and in a running era. Owens was a hanger on, building up big numbers, but never really made a great impact.

Swann was great and he made an impact on the League. The voters put him in. I don’t think his sub-par broadcast career had anything to do with it. I’ll trust their judgement over yours.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hold the fucking phone here. I need to remove all shade that's been thrown at our Boi Broadway Joe right now. How dare Les.

So OK,,, you youngins may need a likkle history. Here's Joe at the VERY end...

But he made HOF plays off the field that kept him in the spotlight for years...

Super Bowl (well worth the click over to YT)

But this, ALONE, makes him a 1st ballot HOFer in my book...

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He retired in 1974 and was put in the HOF in 2001. It was a "mercy freak" IMO because he had been in the media for many years. He got denied time and time again.........his football career was good, not great, and not HOF.

Maybe Namath and Swann Got in the Hall of Fame more because they where "Famous" than for there Stats!?!(y);):D

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
No he wasn't.

Not even close.

3 Pro Bowls in 9 years is good.

But he isn't worthy of the HOF.

It's become the Hall of Pretty Good.

I’ll double down. Swann was better than T.O. There. Now we both have our opinion.

I also think Ike should have gone in this year over Owens. Hopefully you agree with that one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is like a bad game of telephone. I show a picture of a broke down Cowboys truck, and the last things I hear are drunk Joe Namath and how Lynn Swann is overrated.