There are three ex-Rams playing today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/15523/rams-related-notes-championship-round-2

Rams-related notes: Championship round
By Nick Wagoner | ESPN.com

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- We are down to the Final Four, and once again, the NFC West division and a two-time St. Louis Rams opponent is still standing and the prohibitive favorite to win the whole thing.

This week brings us the Seattle Seahawks hosting the Green Bay Packers for the NFC championship, and the New England Patriots hosting the Indianapolis Colts for the AFC title. The Seahawks are the only team remaining that played the Rams in 2014 after the Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos were eliminated last week.

There are still some other ties and notes related to the Rams as we head into the penultimate week of games:

The Rams were 1-1 against the Seahawks this season, with that victory being one of the high points of their season. That was the game that included what I think was the best play of the Rams' season -- "The Mountaineer" -- the creative and deceptive punt return that turned into a 90-yard touchdown jaunt by Stedman Bailey. It also included a fake punt late in the game to seal the victory. The Rams fell in the regular-season finale against the Seahawks as they were unable to overcome late turnovers.

There are three players who used to be Rams still standing in the championship round -- Indianapolis cornerback Josh Gordy, and New England tight end Michael Hoomanawanui and receiver Danny Amendola. Amendola, who was once the Rams' best receiver, had a big game last week against the Baltimore Ravens, finishing with five catches for 81 yards and two touchdowns, and averaging 25 yards per return on five kick returns. Hoomanawanui also chipped in four catches for 43 yards.

The Patriots also boast special teams ace Matthew Slater, who didn't play for the Rams but is the son of legendary Rams offensive tackle Jackie Slater. The younger Slater is one of the best special teams performers in the league, and always worth watching when running down kicks and punts.

New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels spent one miserable season in the same role with the Rams. He returned to the Patriots before that 2011 season was even over and ascended to his current position once again.

It's not breaking any new ground to say the Rams need help at the quarterback position, but one need only to look at the four signal callers left standing to understand the importance of the position in this league. One could argue that Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson and Tom Brady are among the five or six best quarterbacks in the league, and they are all still playing.

Make no mistake, they have plenty of help, but when things break down, having a top quarterback is a cure for a lot of ills. The bad news for the Rams is there doesn't appear to be a solution near that caliber available to them this offseason.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ah, Josh Gordy. After that Saints game in 2011, he rose to untouchable status. Kinda bummed about Hoomanawanui too. I put forth a concerted effort to spell and pronounce his name effortlessly after he was drafted. "Uh oh mah nah wah new ee." Kinda laborious at the time though. How many times could I be expected to yell "Uh oh mah nah wah new ee!" during the course of a game? I coulda hurt myself.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I understand why Hoomanaunniosnoinaras and Amendola are gone...but those are a couple guys I could still having a spot on this team.

Oh well...thats how it goes and it does appear that we are growing at their positions just fine without them.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams have been correct on getting rid of those three. Hoomanawanui could not stay healthy for the Rams at all and Amendola has just started producing for the Pats and they almost released him several times.

Problem the Rams have had is signing the right free agents, but it would be nice if Hoomanawanui or Amendola could drop a crucial pass today.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am actually surprised embarrassed there are only 3.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams have been correct on getting rid of those three. Hoomanawanui could not stay healthy for the Rams at all and Amendola has just started producing for the Pats and they almost released him several times.

Problem the Rams have had is signing the right free agents, but it would be nice if Hoomanawanui or Amendola could drop a crucial pass today.
Great avatar, man. Even better than George Allen.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That would of made a nice trivia question. Just saying.....I like trivia....buzz off!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great avatar, man. Even better than George Allen.

Thanks for the motivation to make the change sir! Going forward any Ram Head Coach that leads them to a Super Bowl title I will use as my avatar so right now that's only Dick Vermeil.