Theory on SJ39

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wonderboy

Rookie
I don't know why there is all of this conspiracy in the St. Louis media about SJ39 being benched for spiking the ball after his 1 yard touchdown (errrr, never mind) run. Give me a break, Fisher would never do that!

Anyhow, I think he may have been hit or kicked (on purpose???) in the boys :?!: !!! That's part of the reason (besides the terrible officiating) he was so pissed off and spiked the ball. Also the reason Fisher and the Rams were discreet about it.

Here's hoping his boys are recovered and he torches the Bears this weekend!

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think he spiked it because as a veteran player he recognized when the refs were fucking them and it was a little screw you to everything that was going on. I have no doubt that Jackson believed he was in the endzone or that Fisher is lying when he says he was strained a little. I'm sure if Richardson hadn't been so good they would have put Jackson back in, but with him running well there was no need to risk further injury.

It was worth talking about in the game before clarification came out, but there's no controversy. Richardson was running well, but lets not get crazy here and start thinking that there's a chance Jackson is going to be backing him up.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't think Jackson is injured at all. I also don't think it even matters. If Fisher benched him over the spike and penalty, Jackson was still all in. His comments after the game could lead no one to believe he was upset.

Fisher made a statement about accountability without rubbing Jackson's nose in it, and the entire team is aware how far that accountability now goes.

Of course, if Jackson comes up on the DNP list (Limited could still be the saving face ploy), I stand corrected.

RAMilyGuy

UDFA
I think...honestly, that you may be on to something.

After the penalty they had a shot of Jackson on the sidelines, two guys holding up towels around him. The announcers didn't mention it at all, and I actually assumed he just had to take a leak. But there actually appeared to be someone else there taking a look at him. Actually, I noticed that everyone there was staring in the direction of the groin in question, and I remember thinking that it was weird that they were all watching him pee.

And the guy in the middle must've been checking Jackson out, so I think he really did injure his groin... kicked in the boys or otherwise.

Check out the tape if you can... its there.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Wonderboy said:
Anyhow, I think he may have been hit or kicked (on purpose???) in the boys :?!: !!! That's part of the reason (besides the terrible officiating) he was so pissed off and spiked the ball. Also the reason Fisher and the Rams were discreet about it.
Rewatched that drive on Coaches Tape and it looks to me like something happened to SJ at the end of his long run play, about 5-plays before his scoring-run that wasn't called a TD.