The X-Factor: Isaiah Pead to start? Tyson vs Ali.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Thread title got updated I see.
Ruben "The Hurricane" Carter. And Tyson scared me from Nintendo's (Mike) Tyson's Punch Out at age 9!!

fearsomefour

Legend
BTW - Tyson with Cus D'Amato? Yeah, he probably knocks out Ali. Tyson with Don King? No effing way. And good Tyson would have knocked out Frazier, Holms, Norton, and Foreman in their primes.
Tyson with D'Amato was something to behold. Like all prize fighters he fought plenty of stiffs.
In 1990 a Foreman/Tyson fight was in the making. Tyson didn't want it.
This is from an article regarding that, the quote is from Bobby Goodman who was Don Kings matchmaker....

"Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, " You'll never believe this but, F*****' Tyson is scared shit less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fight in' that F*****' animal, if you love the mother****** so much, you fight him!'"

I do believe this.
The main reason is I knew a guy who trained some fighters in San Diego (Orlin Norris and his brother). He knew Tyson and said basically the same to me (I was and is a big Foreman fan). Tyson would never fight Foreman. He was afraid of his jab. He (Tyson) said Foremans jab was the best punch in heavyweight boxing and he felt he would just pick him apart with it. If he got inside the jab he would use his crossarm defense or smother him.

Now, I know many don't think Foreman in 1990 was his prime but I personally think he was quite a bit better than the 1970's Foreman was was mostly energy and not a ton of skill.
Post Cus Tyson could lack confidence and if Foreman was that far in his head I think there would be a decent chance Foreman would have knocked Tyson out.
One thing for sure. Foreman's jab was always a punch he could dominate most fights with.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
What were we talking about again?

Oh yea... X rules!!!!

:cheers: :rockon:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tyson with D'Amato was something to behold. Like all prize fighters he fought plenty of stiffs.
This is from an article regarding that, the quote is from Bobby Goodman who was Don Kings matchmaker....

"Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, " You'll never believe this but, F*****' Tyson is scared crap less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fight in' that F*****' animal, if you love the mother****** so much, you fight him!'"

I do believe this.
The main reason is I knew a guy who trained some fighters in San Diego (Orlin Norris and his brother). He knew Tyson and said basically the same to me (I was and is a big Foreman fan). Tyson would never fight Foreman. He was afraid of his jab. He (Tyson) said Foremans jab was the best punch in heavyweight boxing and he felt he would just pick him apart with it. If he got inside the jab he would use his crossarm defense or smother him.

Now, I know many don't think Foreman in 1990 was his prime but I personally think he was quite a bit better than the 1970's Foreman was was mostly energy and not a ton of skill.
Post Cus Tyson could lack confidence and if Foreman was that far in his head I think there would be a decent chance Foreman would have knocked Tyson out.
One thing for sure. Foreman's jab was always a punch he could dominate most fights with.

Love George, but he met a better fighter in Ali..ala "The Rumble in the Jungle"

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foreman had a heavy jab, and so did Ali...less powerful than Foreman's, but better because it was much quicker...

fearsomefour

Legend
Love George, but he met a better fighter in Ali..ala "The Rumble in the Jungle"
Certainly a smarter fighter at that time.
Foreman, with his size, strength and power should have dominated the division then. He was lazy and cocky. Couldn't be bothered with irritating things like developing technique.
Ali was smarter.
Foreman in his second go round was much smarter than his first.
Love the jab.

fearsomefour

Legend
Foreman had a heavy jab, and so did Ali...less powerful than Foreman's, but better because it was much quicker...
yeah, very different fighters.
Foremans is the best of all time in my opinion....of the heavies anyway, in the modern era.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Certainly a smarter fighter at that time.
Foreman, with his size, strength and power should have dominated the division then. He was lazy and cocky. Couldn't be bothered with irritating things like developing technique.
Ali was smarter.
Foreman in his second go round was much smarter than his first.
Love the jab.
It's hard to say..Foreman in his twenties with the maturity of the guy in the 90's? yes...But the complete package in his prime was Muhommed Ali/Cassius Clay..Best I ever Saw

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah, very different fighters.
Foremans is the best of all time in my opinion....of the heavies anyway, in the modern era.
How do you say this? The Old Man that fought, did not have the skills/youth of the Foreman of the 70's. the 70's Foreman never had the maturity..Either version doesn't beat the complete package in Ali, IMHO.

fearsomefour

Legend
How do you say this? The Old Man that fought, did not have the skills/youth of the Foreman of the 70's. the 70's Foreman never had the maturity..Either version doesn't beat the complete package in Ali, IMHO.
Its apples and oranges.
Ali was a great fighter for sure, but, like all prize fighters he fought plenty of bad fighters.
He was more skilled than Foreman. Foreman was more powerful. I was not making a comment about Foreman beating Ali.
I was just saying I think Foreman had an amazing jab as it was basically a power punch.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its apples and oranges.
Ali was a great fighter for sure, but, like all prize fighters he fought plenty of bad fighters.
He was more skilled than Foreman. Foreman was more powerful. I was not making a comment about Foreman beating Ali.
I was just saying I think Foreman had an amazing jab as it was basically a power punch.
Ohh..no doubt

RamzFanz

Damnit
Tyson is a punk and ahole coward by the way, but no one could knock out people like his dumbass.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Only guy I ever heard of in that list of KO's was Marvin Frasier, because of his Dad.....Tyson did what you are supposed to do, beat the guy in front of you...but they were bums

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Thanks, now I wont be able to sleep tonight:cry: That is why Tyson would beat Ali, but Ali is an all-time great, Tyson was a flash fire, in a pan.

If we are being honest, and legit. Sometimes, you just cant compare era's.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

"Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, " You'll never believe this but, F*****' Tyson is scared crap less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fight in' that F*****' animal, if you love the mother****** so much, you fight him!'"

I do believe this.

Well, yeah, but not for that reason, but for this reason:

george-foreman-grill1.jpg

Who wants to deal with that?????