The -X- 'Don't Call it a Comeback' Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As I said, I took a decade off of scouting college kids due to the extreme amount of time it takes - of which I had no extra. Working 70 hours a week doesn't afford you a lot of extra time to take on two hobbies Hell, I barely had enough time for the Rams there for a while. But now I'm in a blue collar job with a 37 hour work week, and this is a very intriguing draft for a number of reasons, so I dove back in. I get a lot of passing *sighs* from my wife as I'm watching games on YouTube and reading old articles from various colleges, but I assured her this is just until the end of April.

Women. Amirite? :huh:

I'll provide a small write-up and GIF or two of attributes that I think are pivotal to fitting into the Rams' plans as opposed to full videos. At any rate, and without any further adieu, here's what I would do if I were charged with drafting for the Rams in a no-trade scenario.

Round 1, #15 overall.
Laquaon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss

Don't get too hung up on the 40 time. Treadwell isn't going to line up and have a foot race with opposing DBs in a race to the endzone. You want a guy like that, you can find one in the 7th round or you can just turn Tavon into a Z receiver. This offense isn't about who can win a 50 yard sprint. It's about which receiver can create separation in the intermediate zones, shield defenders, make the tough grabs in traffic, and create space for Todd Gurley on the outside with downfield blocking (sometimes two at a time as shown below).

treadwell.0.gif

There is NO receiver in this draft who fits this offense (as it is) better than Treadwell. Like I said, you won't see him running many 9's, but you will see him on hitch-n-go's with no DBs in sight - anywhere. And that's because his ability to jab-step off the line, stop on a dime right in the middle of his route, or sell routes only to end up somewhere entirely different, is unparalleled in this draft. If you spent even 5 minutes watching him execute a back-shoulder fade (one of the hardest to defend in the NFL), you wouldn't care if he ran a 4.8 40 It's Randy Moss-like (JUST his back-shoulder fades - don't read more into it than that). This dude will reel of chunks of yards for this offense consistently.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Round 2 - #43 overall.
Vonn Bell, Safety, Ohio State

There's no guarantee that he'll land here, but there are enough mocks that have him in the 48 overall range to let me play this out. He is constantly rising, however. At any rate, his hands, reaction to the ball, and ability to diagnose plays are the most impressive of his talents. Being able to run and stick with receivers and (most importantly) tight ends, especially as QBs in the league are becoming more and more adept at buying extra time, is pivotal in a Gregg Williams defense. If our front 4 does its job consistently, it's only going to make Bell more dangerous and valuable. But if there are situations where the QB is able to get out of danger by rolling out, or if opposing teams are creating situations where they move the pocket, then Bell is going to be the best fit in this defense. In short field situations, he has an uncanny ability to allow the receiver to separate, but still be in position to break on the ball himself. He just understands his space better than any safety I've seen in this draft.

pass_defense_vs_hawaii.0.gif

Round 2, #45 Overall
Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford

I think Hooper declaring early was a business decision. The consensus is that this is a weak TE class, and he probably figured he would get lost in the mix next year. It apparently paid off, because the Rams (me) recognize what a talent he truly is. Hooper uses every inch of his range to catch the ball at the earliest possible moment. This is what will work best in the Rams' offense. Aggression and timing. His ability to win over the middle on timing routes, post-up situations and jump balls (see below) is something they probably envisioned Cook would give them; but Cook doesn't have the aggression that Hooper has, and he doesn't even come close to possessing the "my ball" mentality this dude displays. He also has (and Rams fans will appreciate this) an awareness of the sideline and the first-down marker in the depth of his routes. He'll become a consistent target in 3rd down situations because of it.

6r917eg3co2h1e0zg.jpg

Round 3, #76 overall.
Michael Thomas, WR, Southern Miss

Thomas is a significantly underrated prospect, and a receiver who makes ridiculous adjustments to the football, ala Odell Beckham (see below). Thomas plays fast, is sudden in his change of direction, can cause gobs of separation as a route runner, and his acceleration off the line is eye-popping. He’s consistent at finding the open zone and he doesn't round off his routes like some prospects. He breaks hard. Probably the most acrobatic receiver in this draft, IMO, and can win contested balls with high-pointing and one-handed grabs. Not a willing (or good) blocker, struggles tracking low throws, and has had some issues with drops, but you don't pass on a receiver with this kind of athleticism if you're trying to bring some pop to your offense. Will take a little while to get assimilated into the offense with Jeff Fisher's hesitancy to give rookies any significant playing time early on, but he'll do enough in camp and with his limited opportunities to quickly gain a bigger role in the offense.

View: https://youtu.be/bkCHj_PKn2I

Round 4, #110 overall (could get much later, but I'm not losing this opportunity)
Mike Bercovici, QB, AZ State

Bercovici wasn't even on my radar until I was pointed in his direction. And that's because nobody is talking about him, nobody is mocking him, he's too short, and he doesn't have enough experience. I also tried very hard to talk myself out of liking him because I hated the idea of hitching my wagon to someone else's sleeper. But I can't. He's got something. You do want a guy that has "it", right? Bercovici has that in spades. Tim Healey. long-time broadcaster for Arizona State said, "‘It’ is just that unspoken aura or presence that certain people have. In the realm of college football and commanding a huddle, it was clear to me from the get go that Berco had and has ‘it’." And his life story from Pop Warner to AZ is littered with overcoming adversity. Littered with it. Not the least of which is being miscast in a spread offense as a Pro-Style QB. It's eerily similar to Kurt Warner's road to success. But the most impressive thing to me is that he was appointed the offensive leader without even being the starting QB in Arizona. His teammates just thought that much of him and he commands that kind of following. In terms of talent, and how it'll fit with the Rams' offense, his back-shoulder fade is one of his best routes and he hits it with great anticipation and timing. Which should make a lethal play in this offense with Treadwell as they develop a relationship for years and years. He can get caught by shallow defenders dropping into zone, but that was a problem for Blake Bortles at UCF too (and even his rookie year with the Jags), but that's not a fatal flaw. It's teachable with film study and maturity at the NFL level. He also has a violent shoulder fake to freeze defenders.

Above all, this is someone who has a story that needs to be told. And when he's a matured NFL starter for the Rams a couple of years from now, more of his story will begin to surface and more of his Cinderella-like rise to stardom will permeate the media. I don't have a single doubt about that. He just needs his chance.

Two plays (in one game) stand out for me, and they're what I want out of a QB on the Rams. Against UCLA last year, Bercovici had to make two plays (see below) to seal the win. One came on a 4th and inches to extend the drive, and another on 3rd and 2 to end the game. I want a QB who rises to those occasions and so does Fisher.

View: https://youtu.be/rw316mYD51g

Round 6, #190 overall.
Dan Vitale, FB/TE, Northwestern

Time to let Kendricks become more of a receiver than a blocker. Let Kendricks slim down a little and utilize/tap into his strengths as a receiver and route runner. I'd run a shit ton more ace sets with him and (now) Austin Hooper. Want a full-back for 3-TE sets, someone who can pave the way for Gurley and peel off as a receiver, then get Dan Vitale. He's a stout POA blocker and is just an all-around football player. Nothing fancy, just a blue-collar football loving every man. More than a competent receiver out of the backfield and someone who will often go unaccounted for by defenses in that regard. Can make the tough catches and has a good burst off the line. Once he's in open space, he can be tough to bring down. Smart guy on the field, and a good student. Offers special teams value already out of the box and will quickly become a legit option in the passing game out of play-action and designed roll-outs. Can find his way through muddied waters and emerge as a last second receiving option. Jack of all trades who will offer value to Boras as well as Coach Bones. Expect at least two hook-ups between him and Johnny Hekker in the kicking game too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeKI9mm_ZZY

EDIT: Swapped 3rd and 4th round picks, because Thomas is rising and there's still nobody talking about Bercovici.

Last edited:

Shawnbb158

Starter
I like your take on Treadwell. That's what I think about him too. Not worried about speed at all. If we don't get a Qb in round one Treadwell is who I want.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I like the holes filled. Definitely like Treadwell and getting the WR two-fer.

As I stated in your Bercovici post, interesting factoid: he went to Taft high, home of notable alum....Jeff Fisher. That should put him on coaches radar. (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respect your opinion, X, but this would be a major disappointment for me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I respect your opinion, X, but this would be a major disappointment for me.
I know it would. It would probably rock your world if I dropped Treadwell in favor of Lynch, and dropped Bercovici altogether. I think it's pretty undeniable that we need a safety (unless we end up signing Whitner), so that's why I took the highest rated safety on my board (assuming nobody turns Ramsey into a safety). We agree on Thomas, so that's cool, and I have Hooper ranked higher than Higbee. I added "Super back" Vitale because I wanted to double down on receivers and tight ends while also bringing in legit QB competition and a need on defense.

I like your draft a lot too, btw. It wouldn't upset me one bit if it turned out that way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love Treadwell's blocking. He looks for people to knock out. But, still don't like the slow 40 time. Can't talk me out of it. This team has had too many receivers that cannot separate over the years. I don't use a 1st round pick on a guy that may have the same problem.

I really don't know much about Bercovici. So, I can't really say but if he lasts that long then he is a project that likely doesn't pan out. Why use a 4th when you just drafted a QB with a 3rd round grade. "Either shit or get off the pot." So the Rams don't really address the QB situation and stick with Keenum and Mannion.

The rest of the draft is alright. I like Von Bell, despite reading some bad reviews on his play. I like Mike Thomas from MSU, I like Hooper but round 2 is too high for any TE in this class. And I really like Dan Vitale.

Overall I would be a little disappointed. This following the Rams last couple of drafts would be a let down.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I could live with this draft, I really like Treadwell at 15, now if they want to make a move on Wentz or Goff that's fine by me (I prefer Goff) The kid from Memphis is just too damn scary for me, not on board with him at all

Vonn Bell would be awesome, don't see Whitner fitting in here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I love Treadwell's blocking. He looks for people to knock out. But, still don't like the slow 40 time. Can't talk me out of it. This team has had too many receivers that cannot separate over the years. I don't use a 1st round pick on a guy that may have the same problem.
But the thing is, he *can* separate. You have to distinguish between separation over the top and separation on every non go-route in the tree. There are reasons why he's constantly catching deep balls despite his slow 40 time. In a straight line, I'd agree with you that he'll struggle against some of the speedier NFL corners. But if you watch him closely, with his ability to sell routes and stop the earth from spinning on its axis on deep comebacks and back shoulder fades, you wouldn't be so concerned about separation on go routes. But I get it. He's not for everyone when you see the A.J. Greens of the league and their super athleticism. I'm just looking for a different animal. Someone who can fit into this offense from day one and elevate the play of the QBs while helping to even further improve the run game.

I really don't know much about Bercovici. So, I can't really say but if he lasts that long then he is a project that likely doesn't pan out. Why use a 4th when you just drafted a QB with a 3rd round grade. "Either crap or get off the pot." So the Rams don't really address the QB situation and stick with Keenum and Mannion.
In a word, competition. I think Bercovici is someone who can develop into a great QB and I think his competitiveness and fire is unmatched. If you want to know more about him, you can read this extremely long article about him (here), but I doubt you'd be so inclined if you're not interested in his draft position. I'm just telling you there's a legitimate reason for it, and his story has fate written all over it. Stories like his don't start and not finish. They become legendary stories. Yes, I'm romanticizing the game again, but I put a lot of stock into these things, and I'd like the Rams to be on the receiving end of another Kurt Warner saga.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it would. It would probably rock your world if I dropped Treadwell in favor of Lynch, and dropped Bercovici altogether. I think it's pretty undeniable that we need a safety (unless we end up signing Whitner), so that's why I took the highest rated safety on my board (assuming nobody turns Ramsey into a safety). We agree on Thomas, so that's cool, and I have Hooper ranked higher than Higbee. I added "Super back" Vitale because I wanted to double down on receivers and tight ends while also bringing in legit QB competition and a need on defense.

I like your draft a lot too, btw. It wouldn't upset me one bit if it turned out that way.

I haven't evaluated Bercovici. You might be right about him. I don't expect I'll have enough time to evaluate him between now and the draft, unfortunately. What bothers me is that we're tossing in another longshot to our QB battle.

Frankly, I like Treadwell a lot. I like Hooper a lot. I like Thomas a lot. I like Vitale a lot. It's just the QB that bothers me. If you had traded the pick used on Von Bell for Hundley, I'd be good with this draft.(although, I know a lot of people disagree with my opinion on Hundley)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As I said, I took a decade off of scouting college kids due to the extreme amount of time it takes - of which I had no extra. Working 70 hours a week doesn't afford you a lot of extra time to take on two hobbies Hell, I barely had enough time for the Rams there for a while. But now I'm in a blue collar job with a 37 hour work week, and this is a very intriguing draft for a number of reasons, so I dove back in. I get a lot of passing *sighs* from my wife as I'm watching games on YouTube and reading old articles from various colleges, but I assured her this is just until the end of April.

Women. Amirite? :huh:

I'll provide a small write-up and GIF or two of attributes that I think are pivotal to fitting into the Rams' plans as opposed to full videos. At any rate, and without any further adieu, here's what I would do if I were charged with drafting for the Rams in a no-trade scenario.

Round 1, #15 overall.
Laquaon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss

Don't get too hung up on the 40 time. Treadwell isn't going to line up and have a foot race with opposing DBs in a race to the endzone. You want a guy like that, you can find one in the 7th round or you can just turn Tavon into a Z receiver. This offense isn't about who can win a 50 yard sprint. It's about which receiver can create separation in the intermediate zones, shield defenders, make the tough grabs in traffic, and create space for Todd Gurley on the outside with downfield blocking (sometimes two at a time as shown below).

treadwell.0.gif

There is NO receiver in this draft who fits this offense (as it is) better than Treadwell. Like I said, you won't see him running many 9's, but you will see him on hitch-n-go's with no DBs in sight - anywhere. And that's because his ability to jab-step off the line, stop on a dime right in the middle of his route, or sell routes only to end up somewhere entirely different, is unparalleled in this draft. If you spent even 5 minutes watching him execute a back-shoulder fade (one of the hardest to defend in the NFL), you wouldn't care if he ran a 4.8 40 It's Randy Moss-like (JUST his back-shoulder fades - don't read more into it than that). This dude will reel of chunks of yards for this offense consistently.

Round 2 - #43 overall.
Vonn Bell, Safety, Ohio State

There's no guarantee that he'll land here, but there are enough mocks that have him in the 48 overall range to let me play this out. He is constantly rising, however. At any rate, his hands, reaction to the ball, and ability to diagnose plays are the most impressive of his talents. Being able to run and stick with receivers and (most importantly) tight ends, especially as QBs in the league are becoming more and more adept at buying extra time, is pivotal in a Gregg Williams defense. If our front 4 does its job consistently, it's only going to make Bell more dangerous and valuable. But if there are situations where the QB is able to get out of danger by rolling out, or if opposing teams are creating situations where they move the pocket, then Bell is going to be the best fit in this defense. In short field situations, he has an uncanny ability to allow the receiver to separate, but still be in position to break on the ball himself. He just understands his space better than any safety I've seen in this draft.

pass_defense_vs_hawaii.0.gif

Round 2, #45 Overall
Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford

I think Hooper declaring early was a business decision. The consensus is that this is a weak TE class, and he probably figured he would get lost in the mix next year. It apparently paid off, because the Rams (me) recognize what a talent he truly is. Hooper uses every inch of his range to catch the ball at the earliest possible moment. This is what will work best in the Rams' offense. Aggression and timing. His ability to win over the middle on timing routes, post-up situations and jump balls (see below) is something they probably envisioned Cook would give them; but Cook doesn't have the aggression that Hooper has, and he doesn't even come close to possessing the "my ball" mentality this dude displays. He also has (and Rams fans will appreciate this) an awareness of the sideline and the first-down marker in the depth of his routes. He'll become a consistent target in 3rd down situations because of it.

6r917eg3co2h1e0zg.jpg

Round 3, #76 overall.
Michael Thomas, WR, Southern Miss

Thomas is a significantly underrated prospect, and a receiver who makes ridiculous adjustments to the football, ala Odell Beckham (see below). Thomas plays fast, is sudden in his change of direction, can cause gobs of separation as a route runner, and his acceleration off the line is eye-popping. He’s consistent at finding the open zone and he doesn't round off his routes like some prospects. He breaks hard. Probably the most acrobatic receiver in this draft, IMO, and can win contested balls with high-pointing and one-handed grabs. Not a willing (or good) blocker, struggles tracking low throws, and has had some issues with drops, but you don't pass on a receiver with this kind of athleticism if you're trying to bring some pop to your offense. Will take a little while to get assimilated into the offense with Jeff Fisher's hesitancy to give rookies any significant playing time early on, but he'll do enough in camp and with his limited opportunities to quickly gain a bigger role in the offense.

View: https://youtu.be/bkCHj_PKn2I

Round 4, #110 overall (could get much later, but I'm not losing this opportunity)
Mike Bercovici, QB, AZ State

Bercovici wasn't even on my radar until I was pointed in his direction. And that's because nobody is talking about him, nobody is mocking him, he's too short, and he doesn't have enough experience. I also tried very hard to talk myself out of liking him because I hated the idea of hitching my wagon to someone else's sleeper. But I can't. He's got something. You do want a guy that has "it", right? Bercovici has that in spades. Tim Healey. long-time broadcaster for Arizona State said, "‘It’ is just that unspoken aura or presence that certain people have. In the realm of college football and commanding a huddle, it was clear to me from the get go that Berco had and has ‘it’." And his life story from Pop Warner to AZ is littered with overcoming adversity. Littered with it. Not the least of which is being miscast in a spread offense as a Pro-Style QB. It's eerily similar to Kurt Warner's road to success. But the most impressive thing to me is that he was appointed the offensive leader without even being the starting QB in Arizona. His teammates just thought that much of him and he commands that kind of following. In terms of talent, and how it'll fit with the Rams' offense, his back-shoulder fade is one of his best routes and he hits it with great anticipation and timing. Which should make a lethal play in this offense with Treadwell as they develop a relationship for years and years. He can get caught by shallow defenders dropping into zone, but that was a problem for Blake Bortles at UCF too (and even his rookie year with the Jags), but that's not a fatal flaw. It's teachable with film study and maturity at the NFL level. He also has a violent shoulder fake to freeze defenders.

Above all, this is someone who has a story that needs to be told. And when he's a matured NFL starter for the Rams a couple of years from now, more of his story will begin to surface and more of his Cinderella-like rise to stardom will permeate the media. I don't have a single doubt about that. He just needs his chance.

Two plays (in one game) stand out for me, and they're what I want out of a QB on the Rams. Against UCLA last year, Bercovici had to make two plays (see below) to seal the win. One came on a 4th and inches to extend the drive, and another on 3rd and 2 to end the game. I want a QB who rises to those occasions and so does Fisher.

View: https://youtu.be/rw316mYD51g

Round 6, #190 overall.
Dan Vitale, FB/TE, Northwestern

Time to let Kendricks become more of a receiver than a blocker. Let Kendricks slim down a little and utilize/tap into his strengths as a receiver and route runner. I'd run a crap ton more ace sets with him and (now) Austin Hooper. Want a full-back for 3-TE sets, someone who can pave the way for Gurley and peel off as a receiver, then get Dan Vitale. He's a stout POA blocker and is just an all-around football player. Nothing fancy, just a blue-collar football loving every man. More than a competent receiver out of the backfield and someone who will often go unaccounted for by defenses in that regard. Can make the tough catches and has a good burst off the line. Once he's in open space, he can be tough to bring down. Smart guy on the field, and a good student. Offers special teams value already out of the box and will quickly become a legit option in the passing game out of play-action and designed roll-outs. Can find his way through muddied waters and emerge as a last second receiving option. Jack of all trades who will offer value to Boras as well as Coach Bones. Expect at least two hook-ups between him and Johnny Hekker in the kicking game too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeKI9mm_ZZY

EDIT: Swapped 3rd and 4th round picks, because Thomas is rising and there's still nobody talking about Bercovici.

Bam! Love this draft. Why? It's a successful blueprint of one of the two options out there in terms of a philosophy going in.

1) Go all in on Wentz/Goff, solve the QB problem and look to add weapons later
or
2) Roll with Keenum/Mannion and go all in adding weapons

@-X- went with option 2.
I'd prefer option 1 but at least this wasn't another mock where guys try to do both(wasting a 1st or 2nd rd pick on Lynch or Cook and try to grab premium offensive targets later on). You can't do that IMO because there are only 2 legit QB's in this draft fellas, and you aren't getting one at pick #15.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The good

I love Treadwell as a fit with the Rams. He'd be a revelation because he does what nobody on this offense does: he catches the effin ball.

The bad

Waiting until round 4 for a QB would make me lose my mind. And that particular QB is a near-UDFA type, think he's a pretty big reach there which makes it worse.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Waiting until round 4 for a QB would make me lose my mind. And that particular QB is a near-UDFA type, think he's a pretty big reach there which makes it worse.
I understand. But this guy is under the radar for a reason. And it's not because he's untalented. He didn't start for the first 3 years at ASU. Look at his 2015 stuff (if you can find it) and you'll see what I see. The reason why he's going so deep in the draft is because he doesn't have the 3-4 years of tape you want to have on a guy you expect to take on day one. His story paints a picture of a guy who is destined to wear a ring, because he's built up a billion dollars worth of karma that needs to be paid back.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I understand. But this guy is under the radar for a reason. And it's not because he's untalented. He didn't start for the first 3 years at ASU. Look at his 2015 stuff (if you can find it) and you'll see what I see. The reason why he's going so deep in the draft is because he doesn't have the 3-4 years of tape you want to have on a guy you expect to take on day one. His story paints a picture of a guy who is destined to wear a ring, because he's built up a billion dollars worth of karma that needs to be paid back.

I did watch his games brother. He's not the only guy in this draft I consider a late round sleeper, either... Allen is very similar in that he's got some of the best tape from college ball but is missing the measurables. Both those guys will be pushed to late rounds due to the sheer number of big QBs in this draft. The depth is really impressive.

I like the idea of taking him or Allen in round 6. Just take another QB as well. Putting our hopes in a late round guy is just not smart for us in my estimation.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

I think our situation at S is better than you do, X.

With or without a Whitner signing.

I think Joyner is our plug and play replacement for McLeod. By season's end he might be an upgrade, in fact.

Depth? We've also got Davis, Bryant, and Alexander off the top of my head. Plus I expect either a late pick and/or UDFA's will be added.

Remember, GZ and Cecil seem to be CB and S whisperers. Hell, McLeod was a UDFA himself once upon a time.

Look, all I'm saying is that our secondary is far from a top 5 positional need these days.

Myself, I would favor our top picks on QB and WR. Only way I see ourselves becoming even an average scoring O.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Putting our hopes in a late round guy is just not smart for us in my estimation.
I'd agree if I were projecting him as a day one starter. This is a guy who you keep on the sidelines for a year or two and let him get assimilated slowly. He's a sponge. That's really how I view all QBs, but I understand the consensus that the Rams need to do something drastic and get a Carson Wentz or Jared Goff. Outside of those two, however, I don't see anyone in this draft that projects as a day one starter. So if I'm going to develop a QB, I want one with the traits and characteristics of someone like Bercovici. Just having him in competition with the other QBs is going to pay dividends one way or the other.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think our situation at S is better than you do, X.

With or without a Whitner signing.

I think Joyner is our plug and play replacement for McLeod. By season's end he might be an upgrade, in fact.

Depth? We've also got Davis, Bryant, and Alexander off the top of my head. Plus I expect either a late pick and/or UDFA's will be added.

Remember, GZ and Cecil seem to be CB and S whisperers. Hell, McLeod was a UDFA himself once upon a time.

Look, all I'm saying is that our secondary is far from a top 5 positional need these days.

Myself, I would favor our top picks on QB and WR. Only way I see ourselves becoming even an average scoring O.
I think we have a potpourri of safety options too.
I don't like potpourri though. I prefer a candle.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Quarterback Mike Bercovici -- 6-0 1/2, 206 -- ran the 40 in 4.89 seconds on both attempts. He had a 28-inch vertical and 8-foot-10 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.31 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.88 seconds. Bercovici has a very strong arm.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You might be right, X about that QB...But I think the Rams get ripped for not taking a QB high in the first draft for LA. I don't hate Treadwell, he sounds interesting. I have to admit, I will be disappointed if we don't get Goff, Wentz, or Lynch.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You might be right, X about that QB...But I think the Rams get ripped for not taking a QB high in the first draft for LA. I don't hate Treadwell, he sounds interesting. I have to admit, I will be disappointed if we don't get Goff, Wentz, or Lynch.
4-Gattaca-quotes.gif