The WR Competition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Re: The WR Comptetion

Bailey will be a star. Sit back and watch guys!

lockdnram21

Legend

I still dont see bailey as more then a 4th or 5th receiver. Quick is going to be the #2 his skill set is just better then bailey. The only thing bailey has on him is hands and I think quick is gaining ground.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just think Quick is so much more physically gifted than Pettis, and he should be given every chance to win the starting job. Quick made 3 nice catches last night, even if one of them didn't count.

I would say Pettis needs to step up, or step aside.

Bailey has the potential to be very good, but he can red shirt this year for all I care, he's a rookie.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

lockdnram21 said:
I still dont see bailey as more then a 4th or 5th receiver. Quick is going to be the #2 his skill set is just better then bailey. The only thing bailey has on him is hands and I think quick is gaining ground.
I think Bailey might be a better route-runner at this point, but that's to be expected with Quick's notorious deficiency in that regard coming out of App State. I think the only thing Quick has over Bailey is size at this point, all things considered.

Of course the jury's still out on that, but I just see a noticeable difference in that area.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

I'll say this about Stedman, WV Ram saw him play many times in college and was unimpressed. Of course he's a liberal commie bastard so...I'm not sure we can take his view point seriously. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

albefree69 said:
I'll say this about Stedman, WV Ram saw him play many times in college and was unimpressed. Of course he's a liberal commie bastard so...I'm not sure we can take his view point seriously. :ww:
WV hates everybody. :lol:

I don't know how anyone can come away unimpressed with what he did at WVU.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

X forgetting about wv's dietary habits:

I think he wasn't that impressed with his ability to get open and come down with the tough catch. Tavon took most of the D's resources and that's why his stats were so good. But I'm just relying on a vague memory.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

albefree69 said:
X forgetting about wv's dietary habits:

I think he wasn't that impressed with his ability to get open and come down with the tough catch. Tavon took most of the D's resources and that's why his stats were so good. But I'm just relying on a vague memory.
Yeah, I don't know about all that. There are a HOST of WVU fans who joined up here who said it was Stedman who was the best receiver on that team. But I didn't watch much (any) of that team, so whadda I know?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
albefree69 said:

That guy admittedly knows very little about football. He thought Davis was better than Bradford last year, just off the wall thinking. I take nothing he says seriously.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
The Stedman vs Quick debate is a good one. I've thought it through and think I personally would go with Bailey at the moment. Quick has the far higher ceilling however. Ask me again in three weeks though.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Well I never watched him play in college so I don't know the truth of it either but keep in mind that despite the numbers he put up in college he lasted a long time in the draft. I don't think he impressed many GMs/coaches with his talents.