The WR Competition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think Givens proved his #1 status out there, and we didn't get to see much of Austin.

But I think Quick or Bailey both have a good chance to start over Pettis on the other side out there real soon. I was impressed with both of them last night, and I hope one of them can win the starting job.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Re: The WR Comptetion

Pettis is Pettis.

When the real games start, he will show what he is again. Pettis is a plodder. He is not a legit WR2.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

Givens,Quick,Austin,Bailey,Pettis,Radway (I think he makes the team if they keep 6)
Pettis is Pettis. Nothing fancy but reliable if nothing else.

I agree, I liked what I saw from Quick and Bailey. Pettis is solid just doesn't do anything really great imo.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Hackamaniac said:
I agree, I liked what I saw from Quick and Bailey. Pettis is solid just doesn't do anything really great imo.
It's interesting how the eye test works. Statistically he's very solid, but he just doesn't "flash" for people. If he ends up being our utility receiver, then we're in good shape. He can be VERY dependable when he's counted on in the clutch. That much we all know.

A55VA6

Legend

Stedman Bailey is a guy that doesn't really dominate in practice, but he shows up in games. I LOVE Stedman, and I think he has a Torry Holt like future ahead of him. Yeah, that good.

I was pleased with what I saw from Quick. I've never been too much of a believer in him but yesterday was a good step in the right direction.

Radway looked nice other than that terrible drop. And I'm dying to see Tavon touch the ball. Hopefully next week we give it to him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I really think Bailey is going to transition quickly to the pro game.
By mid season i wouldn't at all be surprised if he is ahead of both Pettis and Quick on the depth chart.

Quick had a couple nice plays but i wasn't as impressed as others over his showing last night. He's getting the most reps in practice...maybe i'm just being impatient with him.

X said:
Hackamaniac said:
It's interesting how the eye test works. Statistically he's very solid, but he just doesn't "flash" for people. If he ends up being our utility receiver, then we're in good shape. He can be VERY dependable when he's counted on in the clutch. That much we all know.

Agree, hes is solid, but not gonna wow you. I see him as being our Brandon Gibson. Any more than that is icing on the cake imo.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Where would we we have been without Proehl?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

albefree69 said:

Proehl?

You gotta say it like Farr though LOL....... PROEHL??? and with the eyes :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-6iZk8dJk[/youtube]

Memphis Ram

Legend

albefree69 said:

Proehl and even Dane Looker were invaluable. However, they weren't starting.

I believe that Pettis has had a great camp, the same way Gibson would when he was with the team. However, like Gibson, he probably has to start because the other two guys still aren't ready yet.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Memphis Ram added:
Proehl and even Dane Looker were invaluable. However, they weren't starting.

I believe that Pettis has had a great camp, the same way Gibson would when he was with the team. However, like Gibson, he probably has to start because the other two guys still aren't ready yet.

It's early. Lets see what the pecking order is at the start of the season. Or midway through the season.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

I have said this before and I will remind you guys that I'm stick by it.

It will be Givens, Bailey, and Austin with Quick being in the roll that Pettis had last year.

Speed, route running, smarts, and hands = best shot to win.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

HitStick said:

It will be Givens, Bailey, and Austin with Quick being in the roll that Pettis had last year.

I agree with you,unless the light suddenly comes on for Quick. I don't see it happening any time soon.

Steadman will work his way into more PT quickly.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

LesBaker said:
Proehl?

You gotta say it like Farr though LOL....... PROEHL??? and with the eyes :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-6iZk8dJk[/youtube]

one of the greatest and best catches ever, makes it even better it was his first td catch of the year. Bucs fans still argue it wasnt a catch lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

mojorizen7 said:
HitStick said:

I agree with you,unless the light suddenly comes on for Quick. I don't see it happening any time soon.

Come on mojorizen7... Quick and Bailey... Nothing happened last night to suggest Bailey is ahead of Quick.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

CGI_Ram said:
mojorizen7 said:
HitStick said:

Come on mojorizen7... Quick and Bailey... Nothing happened last night to suggest Bailey is ahead of Quick.

I'm tellin ya bro,Steadman understands the game and his hands are already superior to Quick.
Quick has all the physical this-and-that...blah blah. Dude's been getting MAJOR reps but i just don't see his hands or intelligence getting him into the starting lineup consistently any time soon....

IMO Bailey has something that will end up putting him on the field more often than Quick by mid season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

mojorizen7 said:
CGI_Ram said:
mojorizen7 said:
HitStick said:

I'm tellin ya bro,Steadman understands the game and his hands are already superior to Quick.
Quick has all the physical this-and-that...blah blah. Dude's been getting MAJOR reps but i just don't see his hands or intelligence getting him into the starting lineup consistently any time soon....

IMO Bailey has something that will end up putting him on the field more often than Quick by mid season.

:smile:

I'll give you the hands.

I like Bailey.

But I like Quick’s skillset.