"The Wow Factor" - Real Story behind NFL to LA/Jerry Jones Merged Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
That's actually not true. He was 24 years old and in college. And for all you know he may have told or even begged his father not to move the team.

Jerruh was wrong, and I call bullcrap on this entire thing about this scenario. It's just not relevant and Bidwell's point was in fact accurate.

Sorry......but that's true.

All due respect Les, my point was his FATHER moved for monetary gain and had the freedom as owner to do so. Michael then tried to argue that Stan should be forced to keep his team in the same city.

Regionally, Bidwell also knows that having the Rams in LA is a threat. (Look at a map). Mikey was shut down. His point was in fact self serving.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
751015d1375990020-dealer-sold-me-salvaged-turbo-no-disclosure-die.jpg
Because some people are just so hung up on conspiracy theories and how they get screwed over by them for this entertainment to ever end.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The difference is Bidwell was being a hypocrite and had some monetary gain from the Rams staying in the city his father left...for money. Jerruh rightly called him on it.

So what? Jerruh is still a bully. He's the real hypocrite. Can't call on person a bully and belittle another in public. Especially for something he didn't do personally, but his dad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You can count on Kroenke weaseling out of any deal with the Raiders somehow, with a helping hand from the NFL.

That is as good as etched in stone IMO.
Come on man. You don't have anything to back this up. And he didn't weasel out of the deal at the Dome. Quite the contrary. Can you provide details of how he has "weaseled out" of any deals he has signed? And I don't mean using ambiguous terms and then not doing what the fans thought he meant. I mean deals he actually struck and then didn't uphold.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If we lock this thread we'll be accused of censorship and all the :poop: that goes with that...again. :argue:
You're just trying to tempt me to do it - aren't you? You know how I love that censorship argument.

I have to admit though that I have thought about locking this thread in a just let it die mentality. The subject really bores me at this point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on man. You don't have anything to back this up. And he didn't weasel out of the deal at the Dome. Quite the contrary. Can you provide details of how he has "weaseled out" of any deals he has signed? And I don't mean using ambiguous terms and then not doing what the fans thought he meant. I mean deals he actually struck and then didn't uphold.
Come on man! Get with the conspiracy theories!
You're just trying to tempt me to do it - aren't you? You know how I love that censorship argument.

I have to admit though that I have thought about locking this thread in a just let it die mentality. The subject really bores me at this point.

65467127.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Come on man! Get with the conspiracy theories!

65467127.jpg
Can I just say that I love your signature? That was probably the most important thing to me in this whole deal. I didn't really care where they were going to play. I just wanted them to stay in the NFC West. That is our division - PERIOD.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can I just say that I love your signature? That was probably the most important thing to me in this whole deal. I didn't really care where they were going to play. I just wanted them to stay in the NFC West. That is our division - PERIOD.
Thanks! I suppose I should change it, in time maybe no need to rush things. Rushing things leads to the darkside.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I wasn't talking about the dome, but about how he conducts himself sometimes when it comes to "business". He's been sued a few times that's well known and in fact the deal for the land he bought was slimy on his part, it lacked ethics. Also very slimy the way he dealt with SKahn (and I was vocal about that).

He will find a way to slip out of the deal to host the Chargers, then he will slip out of the deal to let the Raiders in if the Chargers say "no thanks".

It's how he often operates, it's not a secret that he will play dirty if he wants to and if it may serve him well.

There are reasons he isn't popular among his peers. They voted to take his money because they are greedy fuckers, but they know what he is too.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
So what? Jerruh is still a bully. He's the real hypocrite. Can't call on person a bully and belittle another in public. Especially for something he didn't do personally, but his dad.

So should Mikey resign his position, as he is the beneficiary of the horrifying action his father took, yanking the Cardinals out of St. Louis? He stood up in righteous indignation that Kroenke dare move, while he and his family surely live a privileged life BECAUSE of the actions of his father.

This is not about the charm and likability of Jerry Jones. Clearly he is not a great guy. But he called Bidwell on his hypocrisy and it seemed to ring true with the other owners. I would say that was a pretty good barometer.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I wasn't talking about the dome, but about how he conducts himself sometimes when it comes to "business". He's been sued a few times that's well known and in fact the deal for the land he bought was slimy on his part, it lacked ethics. Also very slimy the way he dealt with SKahn (and I was vocal about that).

He will find a way to slip out of the deal to host the Chargers, then he will slip out of the deal to let the Raiders in if the Chargers say "no thanks".

It's how he often operates, it's not a secret that he will play dirty if he wants to and if it may serve him well.

There are reasons he isn't popular among his peers. They voted to take his money because they are greedy fuckers, but they know what he is too.
Stan Kroenke is a popular name in SoCal right now.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie

I hope you are 100% correct on that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Seriously Les? The information I have - and my dad is a real estate broker that only deals in large ranches throughout the west - is that Stan was the only one of the prospective buyers that not only agreed to keep the Waggoner Ranch whole but would keep it in production as farming and cattle ranching. Unless you can find something that says different, everything I have read and heard says that he actually essentially saved one of the most famous ranches in all of the West and that the other offers were from people that needed to break up the Ranch in order to make their deals work. He has done the same in his other large Ag. purchases. He has already improved ranching production on that large Montana ranch he bought a couple years ago.

Name one even Millionaire that hasn't been sued. Hell, I had to buy out my partner and it turned nasty. The only reason it didn't end up in court was because the guy knew he didn't have a leg to stand on and he wouldn't gain enough in a suit.

The deal with Kahn? Are you telling me that if you had a right of first refusal, you would not wait until not only an offer came in but was sure to be able to close before excercising that right? That would be against anything anyone else with that option would do. That is just simple and smart. You don't exercise that right until you know the deal will can absolutely go down without falling through. I realize Bernie was making a big stink about it but Bernie is a moron and all you have to do is look at the piece he wrote telling LA fans to stop whining when the Rams moved to the Lou.

I really have to wonder which side is trying harder to "slip out of" the deal on being the second team. Looks to me like both Spanos and Davis are trying harder now than ever before to get deals done in their home cities. They lost the battle. And frankly, Spanos and Davis' pop were/are the sleaziest of A-holes. Go ahead and look up how many times Weird Al and Alex Spanos were sued. I'm guessing Mark and Dean may have as well but not sure as they pretty much got handed everything and haven't added to it.

Spanos and Davis are liked by the old guard because they know they can bend them over and they will lube up to take it. Obvioulsly the NFL voted for money. I'm not sure anyone doubts that. And if the confidence in Spanos and Davis was even close, they would have voted for Carson instead. It wasn't, so they sided with the guy they knew wouldn't fail in the LA market - unlike the smarter Davis already did several years ago.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to agree with you but I doubt we'll be able to confine them to one thread. These comments will be all over for years to come.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think Les needs a time out.

10 minutes in the Booties thread. That should straighten him out...

Then a cold shower...