The weakest arm in the NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/402492-the-leagues-weakest-arm-mannings?eref=fromSI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... ref=fromSI</a>

07:14 AM ET 10.10 | The NFL's most prolific quarterback this season isn't much of a debate. It's crazy that [Peyton Manning] is having a historical season with such diminished arm strength. We heard all offseason that Manning's arm was stronger than the year before, but it's hard to see that when watching him on Game Rewind. The ball flutters when it goes more than 15 yards, but it doesn't matter, because it gets there. Manning has thrown just 13 passes of 20 yards or more all season, but he hasn't needed to throw it deep. (And he's been effective when he does go long.) Manning's season ultimately is proof that the quarterback position is played between the ears. You could make the argument that he has the weakest arm of any starter in the league.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I'd say that's Ponder or Cassel if we're talking starters. But Manning's arm strength is pretty shot and he's still ripping teams apart. It's truly a testament to his unrivaled mental side of the game.

If backups, are involved, there are probably a few worth mentioning...such as Colt McCoy.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
The mans a freak. No one else could get away with an arm which is basically gone.

Eli went to pot last year when his arm got "tired" - and he's not been the same since actually.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I completely agree Manning has one of if not the weakest arm, almost painful to watch.
He without question has the strongest head and understanding of the position that I have seen.
Peyton has spacial awareness and reads defenses better than anyone.