The way forward as I see it…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trying to stay somewhat positive here, and it’s not easy. So here goes, just taking a stab at what I think we’re going to see in the next four to five weeks and where some improvements are going to come from:

1. Robinson needs to play. He’s gonna blow assignments here and there, but should improve week to week which is more than I can say for some others like Joseph for example. This OL needs that fresh blood, some power and ability to push and create lanes and Robinson will add that.

2. Keenum is going to get his chance, hopefully sooner than later. He is also a backup, but brings more to the table than the other two. At the latest we will see him installed as the starter by the bye week where they have 2 weeks to prepare him, just no way around it. Not saying he’s the answer or anything, just that he is the best option of the three QBs the Rams have on their roster as he will move well and extend some drives here and there with his grit and competitiveness.

3. The defense is going to get better every week. They were pretty good in the first half, and need to become better at getting off the field on their own with that horrific offense stinking up the joint. I think they will. GW knows what he’s doing, and will get these guys playing better and better as we go on.

4. Stedman’s return looms large for this team. While it is a good sign to see Quick showing up, in successive weeks he is going to be focused and eliminated by defenses. I see Steddy B as a very big addition to this offense. I would say huge but of course given the QB play we’re not gonna get the full impact of him coming back. Still, he’s gonna help this offense.

5. The running game should improve, which will become more and more important as they try to run their passing game off of play action.

Yeah, I know, it’s still depressing where we’re at. This team isn’t gonna win more than 6-8 games, and right now that seems like a stretch. And maybe that would be best for the team long-term to allow for them to get a QB at the top of the draft. But I do think some respectability is coming, at least I hope.

Alan

Legend
I like that new avatar Merlin. I can't see what the picture is of but the color is fantabulous! (y)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
With regard to Robinson, if they are going to do that they need to simply put him at LG, and give him practice reps there while telling him to not worry right now about learning to play LT.

Not sure who the best option at QB is at this point.

On D, mostly just don't commit drive extending penalties. Other than that, I thought they were doing a decent job in the first half, but got no support from the offense at all.

I didn't watch closely enough, but I wonder if part of Quick's success was due to focus on Britt. But yes, the more success Quick has, the more teams will focus on him ... and the more he will open up things for others.

Your last point ties in directly to you first. Our OL has to be much, much better than it was today. That's how you get the running game going.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My biggest concern today was the run blocking.
I agree get the road grater GRob in the mix.
I want to see some big holes up the middle for our backs. I want to see those guys untouched until 3-4 yds up field.

If we run block well today. We are in this game. Still probably lose do to 13 penalties. But it wouldn't have been as bad as it was.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Trying to stay somewhat positive here, and it’s not easy. So here goes, just taking a stab at what I think we’re going to see in the next four to five weeks and where some improvements are going to come from:

1. Robinson needs to play. He’s gonna blow assignments here and there, but should improve week to week which is more than I can say for some others like Joseph for example. This OL needs that fresh blood, some power and ability to push and create lanes and Robinson will add that.

2. Keenum is going to get his chance, hopefully sooner than later. He is also a backup, but brings more to the table than the other two. At the latest we will see him installed as the starter by the bye week where they have 2 weeks to prepare him, just no way around it. Not saying he’s the answer or anything, just that he is the best option of the three QBs the Rams have on their roster as he will move well and extend some drives here and there with his grit and competitiveness.

3. The defense is going to get better every week. They were pretty good in the first half, and need to become better at getting off the field on their own with that horrific offense stinking up the joint. I think they will. GW knows what he’s doing, and will get these guys playing better and better as we go on.

4. Stedman’s return looms large for this team. While it is a good sign to see Quick showing up, in successive weeks he is going to be focused and eliminated by defenses. I see Steddy B as a very big addition to this offense. I would say huge but of course given the QB play we’re not gonna get the full impact of him coming back. Still, he’s gonna help this offense.

5. The running game should improve, which will become more and more important as they try to run their passing game off of play action.

Yeah, I know, it’s still depressing where we’re at. This team isn’t gonna win more than 6-8 games, and right now that seems like a stretch. And maybe that would be best for the team long-term to allow for them to get a QB at the top of the draft. But I do think some respectability is coming, at least I hope.
Agree a hunnid percent.

And #6: There needs to be some STIFF punishment for completely avoidable penalties. Ass-kickings aren't out of the question.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Robinson will play going forward. When you are Saffold's backup, you had better be ready. It is not if, it is when he gets hurt!

This game went in the toilet when Fisher did not challenge the spot of the Quick catch and elected to "play it safe" on 4th and 1 and go for a 50 yard field goal.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If Long is going to continue to play like he did today, they might as well stick Robinson out there at LT.

SierraRam

Recreational User
And #6: There needs to be some STIFF punishment for completely avoidable penalties. Ass-kickings aren't out of the question.

It's time! All of the 15 yard penalties except Quinn's roughing the passer BS were well earned.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's time! All of the 15 yard penalties except Quinn's roughing the passer BS were well earned.
Agreed. Getting a taunting penalty is inexcusable to me. I understand how amped these guys get, but a Pavlov's dog reaction might be helpful. Everytime a flag comes out, these guys should be flinching from the time Fisher kicked them in the ass from the last one. I don't think the one on Quick (facemask) was legit though. It really looked like his finger got caught up in the facemask of the defender. He didn't do anything different than what Steven Jackson used to do on all his runs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Robinson will play going forward. When you are Saffold's backup, you had better be ready. It is not if, it is when he gets hurt!

This game went in the toilet when Fisher did not challenge the spot of the Quick catch and elected to "play it safe" on 4th and 1 and go for a 50 yard field goal.
That seemed like a 1st down, but then I don't have the luxury of seeing it again, or being responsible for the challenge. To me, when it happened, I thought it was a 1st down.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't think extra attention is going to slow Quick down. I love his demeanor. He was the bright spot on offense today and when asked about it he shrugged off his accomplishments and talked about the team. He learned that from TO. He's the number 1 we've lacked for what seems like forever.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

When will Robinson be safe to play? When do you think Keenum would learn Schotty's offense? Not worried about the defense, but some players...Dunbar & McLeod....Tackling issues on those two....not where they're supposed to be....Especially McLeod....Time for next man up...

jdhommert

Rookie

agree

Rambition

Rookie
agree on 3, 4, and 5. unsure about 1. disagree on 2; i think hill was, and still is, definitely the best choice at QB. i see keenum as being not that different or that much better than austin davis. hill, when he's had the opportunity, has performed pretty solidly as a starter.