The Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I realize "any given Sunday" happens in the NFL. But is there a realistic chance that we lose to these guys? Matt Cassel will probably start, so I see at least 5 sacks. Thoughts?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Sure there is - they have AP. I think the Rams will beat them, but I could paint a pretty realistic scenario where AP runs the Vikings to a W.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Yeah if the Rams play defense like last year and allow Adrian Peterson to run the same cut back play over and over for big yards. Personally I don't see that happening. I think we beat the Vikings and i think we beat them soundly this year.

But the first game of the season will be a good test for our run defense. And the 3rd and 4th games of the season will test our secondary. Going up against the Cowboys and Eagles.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think it'd be an upset if we lost to them. It's an easier first game than we had last year, and their offense should still be finding it's wheels by the first game.

Their O is basically Peterson, our D allowed 3 yards per carry after the bye week.

Will be an interesting battle.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Don't sleep on Corderelle Patterson either - both on their offense and as a special teams factor.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Peterson is always a threat on offense. Patterson is dangerous in the kick return game, and guys like Jennings and Rudolph are no slouches either. Their offensive line could be excellent if Sullivan returns from that cheap shot given by Suh; when healthy, he's arguably the best center in the NFL. Watch out if they decide to run right with big Phillip Loadholt leading the way.

On defense, they have a few nice pieces, but not much proven talent. Robison was solid last year, but he benefitted a lot from Allen on the right side. They gave Everson Griffen a huge contract without him proving that he can be a starter. Shariff Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, and Anthony Barr are talented, but unproven. Harrison Smith is a key piece at free safety, but they have a lot of new pieces in their secondary, including Captain Munnerlyn.

But I think that if we contain Peterson somewhat and shut down Patterson, we stand a great chance of winning this matchup.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Rams can easily lose the game, we're not overwhelming favorites. We're not constant contenders playing against the worst team I the league. Should the Rams win the game? Yeah, they have the talent to do so. Will they? Who knows, the Vikings are a good team. They will have a rested offensive line and a rested AP ready to run. Our defense will need to show up, and our offense better be ready to put them in a hole.

Wins are almost never easy, I don't think any Rams fan should think the game is an automatic W.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yeah if the Rams play defense like last year and allow Adrian Peterson to run the same cut back play over and over for big yards. Personally I don't see that happening. I think we beat the Vikings and i think we beat them soundly this year.

But the first game of the season will be a good test for our run defense. And the 3rd and 4th games of the season will test our secondary. Going up against the Cowboys and Eagles.

All it takes is a couple of plays to break open a game......I think last time we played them he had 20 carries for 75 yards or something and then just 2 carries for something like 148 yards.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One game at a time Gentlemen...One game at a time...Last time the Rams faced Adrian Peterson he ran for 600 yards and it would not matter if Brock Berlin was the QB.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
You guys are forgetting that this year we have Gregg Williams, not Tim Walton.
I doubt they will make many points, even with AP and C. Patterson.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Like you all, I have weathered the storm for the last decade or so. If I have learned one thing on this long, painful, exodus it is this:

NEVER count on anything!!!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Everyone pretty much covered everything above me, I think the vikings have just as a good chance to win as us.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All it takes is a couple of plays to break open a game......I think last time we played them he had 20 carries for 75 yards or something and then just 2 carries for something like 148 yards.

Dahl is long gone. Those 10 yard runs have less chance of turning into 80 yard tds.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:cheers:1st game of the Season, against a New HC, in our House, against a Vikings team with NO Jared Allen! I Can't Wait! Rams Win 35-13!! :double:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I don't know that we will for sure, but we definitely need to win this game. There is no room for messing around. We need to beat the bad teams, we can't play down to their levels.