LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, was probably me. I'm all about WoW right now... Garrisons are gonna be crazy... crazy time sucks...

I went Horde to play with friends... Xmog isn't such a big deal for me this time around since I'm playing a Troll Druid and I'm in Cat form almost all the time... although I wish I could change my flight form... that damn armored Vampire bat look is just...fugly...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't know the specifics of the family sharing, but it sounded like you could play the games of that person as long as they weren't also playing that game. Sounds about the same as lending the disc to somebody. There's also something to be said about owning the digital license over a hard copy. If I scratch or break my hard copy, I don't get a free replacement like I do my digital ones (You can redownload any game you buy on xbox live even after you delete it from your HDD).

I remember you and me talking about Wow, or maybe that was @Mackeyser. I thought it was you that showed me your transmog.
I actually just posted a link to my main's Armory profile, and thus my "Sha of Sexy" transmog a few messages up. I'm looking forward to WoD too, although I won't be able to get it for a couple weeks (and won't upgrade to the digital deluxe version until the no flying at max level nonsense is changed back.)

Don't get me wrong, I am all about loving digital games. I actually lost a lot of my physical games collection when I left Korea because I *had* a job to go back to, so I put my stuff in storage, then the job fell through. But everything on Steam, PSN (including my Rock Band music collection) and XBox Live (although I currently lack a 360) was reclaimable. My Sims 3 expansion registration on thesims3.com even transferred over to Origin so all of that was in my account when I installed Origin. (which isn't as nice as Steam, but is nowhere near as bad as people claim it is.)

But, I do think more gamers preferred the current console model to making it more like PCs. Not only did Microsoft have to reverse course on what they were doing or essentially forfeit the console war to Sony, there have been efforts in the past to introduce digital download only consoles, and the only one that hasn't failed miserably is Ouya, which runs on Android and thus can run emulated ROMs.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Good Old Games (gog.com) has started their Fall sale. To promote the sale, they are giving away the game Mount & Blade.

As well, if you check in every day of the sale, you can get the game The Witcher 2 for free as well as a free movie.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Good Old Games (gog.com) has started their Fall sale. To promote the sale, they are giving away the game Mount & Blade.

As well, if you check in every day of the sale, you can get the game The Witcher 2 for free as well as a free movie.

Can't wait for witcher 3!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shadow of Mordor is really fucking addicting. It has a combat system that focuses mainly on strikes and counters, much like the Arkham series. The stealth is like Assassin's Creed, and it has a focus-based system that's kind of like Red Dead Redemption, except with a bow and arrows instead of a gun. If that's not enough, you get awesome wraith powers as well, like being able to drain enemies for elf shots (the term for arrows in the game) and interrogate uruks by reading their minds. Definitely recommend it; killing uruks in all different kinds of ways never gets old.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Shadow of Mordor is really freaking addicting. It has a combat system that focuses mainly on strikes and counters, much like the Arkham series. The stealth is like Assassin's Creed, and it has a focus-based system that's kind of like Red Dead Redemption, except with a bow and arrows instead of a gun. If that's not enough, you get awesome wraith powers as well, like being able to drain enemies for elf shots (the term for arrows in the game) and interrogate uruks by reading their minds. Definitely recommend it; killing uruks in all different kinds of ways never gets old.

Can't wait to play this game. I've had it on my gamefly list for awhile now.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
WoW's Warlords of Draenor expansion went live today. And even though I won't be picking it up for a couple more weeks, it's already made WoW just like it was when I first started playing...

...there's a queue.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Just got Far Cry 4 for PS4 only got to play it for about 20 minutes last night but it looks insane so far. best graphics ive seen so far on PS4.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Far cry 4 is insane I mean for god sakes who doesnt want to ride around on elephants with machine guns and rocket launchers fuckin shit up

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Felt like a teenage girl throwing a sweet sixteen last night

10401498_4770656440002_2383871824697227517_n.jpg

Boffo97

Name
Dave

This makes me feel old... I have the original GBA version of Emerald (I have one of the DS's from when they still had GBA ports), and now that generation's games have been remade.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Far cry 4 is insane I mean for god sakes who doesnt want to ride around on elephants with machine guns and rocket launchers freakin crap up

I finally got my PS4 coming, I think my girlfriend is getting me Far Cry 4 for the holidays, I'm excited for it. In the meantime I'll play some GTA V. The first person mode looks cool.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I just got a 1 TB drive to replace the 160 GB drive that was in my PS3. I love all the space, but man, redownloading is slow, especially since I wasn't able to backup the old HD before replacing it. (Luckily, I still have my game saves since one feature of Playstation Plus is to upload all your game saves into cloud storage.)

It is slow downloading, with over 50 pages in the PC version of the Playstation store still to download. Luckily, most of that is just themes and avatars from the PS Plus program* and songs for Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

*I did buy myself one theme:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I bought both OR and AS. Having the time of my life playing both of them.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
WoW's Warlords of Draenor expansion went live today. And even though I won't be picking it up for a couple more weeks, it's already made WoW just like it was when I first started playing...

...there's a queue.

Yea, that whole queue thing was a huge debacle. Last night the raids went live and I couldn't sign in and get anything done until 9. No raid for me last night :(.

Anyone play CS:GO in here? That and WoW are the only games I have time for.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
About the one thing I don't like about PlayStation Network that's really coming out during my redownloading of all the things is that they don't bother patching downloads. So when you download something from them, you get the version 1.0 of it, and if there's been an update, you have to download again to patch.

It's somewhat aggravating to have to download more after you thought were done... and sometimes, the "patch" can be the size of the original download. The most egregious example I've seen: Payday 2 (which I got through Playstation Plus): 4 GB download... then 4 GB patch.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm all over WoW. Got my Druid on Sen'Jin to 100 and playing with the wife. I have 8 90s on Gnomer....

Garrisons are ALMOST as addictive as Civilization... dammit.

I swear, I didn't even watch Sunday Night Football...That;s how addictive they are!!!

Btw, don't wait on flying to play. They may not add flying to Draenor. Ever. Or at least not until close to the next xpac. Frankly, I don't miss it very much. with a well done garrison, I don't miss the farming which is what most of the reason to fly is and the taxis go at 720% now, so they are MUCH faster than flying... and cheap. So, it's a real time saver. And they tend to go pretty straight. They changed it so that lots of the flights are straight shots. No more "scenic adventures"....

Yeah... This expac may be the best one yet...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I bought both OR and AS. Having the time of my life playing both of them.
The furthest I've played up to is Diamond. I'm just too much of a gen wunner to get into the new games. But I think I'm getting a 3Ds for Christmas(I asked for it anyway).

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I'm all over WoW. Got my Druid on Sen'Jin to 100 and playing with the wife. I have 8 90s on Gnomer....

Garrisons are ALMOST as addictive as Civilization... dammit.

I swear, I didn't even watch Sunday Night Football...That;s how addictive they are!!!

Btw, don't wait on flying to play. They may not add flying to Draenor. Ever. Or at least not until close to the next xpac. Frankly, I don't miss it very much. with a well done garrison, I don't miss the farming which is what most of the reason to fly is and the taxis go at 720% now, so they are MUCH faster than flying... and cheap. So, it's a real time saver. And they tend to go pretty straight. They changed it so that lots of the flights are straight shots. No more "scenic adventures"....

Yeah... This expac may be the best one yet...
I haven't had as much time to get into. My main is still only 91 and still making daily stops back at the farm in Pandaria, and so far I only have 4 followers.

I'm not waiting for flying to be reimplemented to play, but I am (as someone who has bought a lot of the cash mounts) refusing to buy any more mounts until they reverse the decision, which I hope they do. All not flying at max level adds to the game is tedium.