LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Skyrim looks good. I bought it during the winter sale but only played about 15 minutes of it. I get motion sickness really bad with it. Usually I can adjust to 1st person games after a while and I'm ok but not Skyrim.

Did you see that prison architect game they have on sale? It's in alpha but the reviews are still good. I like slow paced strategy games like that.

I'll check that Steamtrades.com site out. Maybe I can unload this civ v finally lol.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Skyrim looks good. I bought it during the winter sale but only played about 15 minutes of it. I get motion sickness really bad with it. Usually I can adjust to 1st person games after a while and I'm ok but not Skyrim.

Did you see that prison architect game they have on sale? It's in alpha but the reviews are still good. I like slow paced strategy games like that.

I'll check that Steamtrades.com site out. Maybe I can unload this civ v finally lol.
I've heard good things about Prison Architect but not sure how different it is from ________ Tycoon games where you build things that then individually collect admission prices (of which the only good ones are Roller Coaster Tycoon and Railroad Tycoon which is an entirely different type of games.)

Back in the day, I had one called Sea World Adventure Parks Tycoon. Your rides were limited to only stuff that's at the individual Sea Worlds, but it still had the same model as other Tycoon games, including charging admission to rides and bathrooms.

It was fun in those types of games to sell french fries cheap, increase the saltiness on the fries to maximum level, then jack up the prices for drinks and bathrooms.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
In case there's anyone else out there who likes wrestling and video games...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Just started Farcry 3 last week - it's pretty fantastic. Real open-world sandbox action, tight gameplay, so far great voice work and character development - very fun game.

Best game I've played in the past several years was Bioshock Infinite. Skyrim is up there.

Also stoked that FTL: Faster Than Light has come to the iPad.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just started watchdogs the other day on my Xbox One. It's a great stop gap to get me through until GTA 5 comes on in a couple months. Also, fucking excited for the new madden

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I just started watchdogs the other day on my Xbox One. It's a great stop gap to get me through until GTA 5 comes on in a couple months. Also, freaking excited for the new madden

Not sure if you know but on Madden 25 you can download updated rosters with the new rookies and shit for free. Go to community files and filter for the most downloaded, you should find one with all the new rookies and all roster updates.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I know how to do that, I like to have the pictures of the players. I'm odd like that.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I do the FA update but won't do the rookies

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Not sure if you know but on Madden 25 you can download updated rosters with the new rookies and crap for free. Go to community files and filter for the most downloaded, you should find one with all the new rookies and all roster updates.
I knew the college games did that, but didn't have any idea the pro games did that. Thanks!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I know how to do that, I like to have the pictures of the players. I'm odd like that.

Forsure I just found out this year so I'm having fun playing Aaron Donald he's a monster, so is Joyner. They developed into beast's for me in my franchise.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Forsure I just found out this year so I'm having fun playing Aaron Donald he's a monster, so is Joyner. They developed into beast's for me in my franchise.
I might have to restart my franchise.

Which would also stop the Rams from moving and becoming the incredibly stupid "London Black Knights".

Although there'd be no way to stop them from replaying the 2013 schedule instead of this year's, right?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I knew the college games did that, but didn't have any idea the pro games did that. Thanks!

Yea bro! It's actually not a official release of EAs version but it's still cool as fuck and fun. The guy that did it put ALOT of time I think because he added all rookies drafted, all free agency moves and all UDFAs. It's pretty nice.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I might have to restart my franchise.

Which would also stop the Rams from moving and becoming the incredibly stupid "London Black Knights".

Although there'd be no way to stop them from replaying the 2013 schedule instead of this year's, right?

Yea that's the downside. No pics, not official and still the same year so you have more rookies then usual. I still like it though.

And yea my Ram's got moved to New Mexico one time, shit sucks.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I found a file, downloaded it and loaded it. It actually does have pictures of some of the rookies, I'm guessing they're as close as the creator could get to their actual looks in the player creator.

I did have to do a couple of fixes.... moved Lamarcus Joyner from FS (where he was starting over T.J. McDonald) to CB and Michael Sam from LOLB to RE (less competition there than at LE, but still losing to Eugene Sims for the backup spot there.)

Boffo97

Name
Dave
For those of you on Steam (this is PC only... I THINK), Humble Bundle has a pretty amazing bundle that just started.

(Humble Bundle has bundles of games that you can get for way below usual price, and it's to benefit charity.)

This one, if you donate at least $1, you get BioShock (the first one), The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, and The Darkness II.

If you donate enough to beat the average donation, you also get BioShock 2, Mafia II and Spec Ops: The Line (with a bonus title or titles likely coming next week)

If you donate at least $20, you also get XCOM: Enemy Unknown and BioShock Infinite.

http://humblebundle.com

Now, the reason I bring this up here, other than it being awesome, is that I already had the first BioShock game. So I'm offering it to family members first, but if there's no interest, I'll give it away to someone here if anyone wants it.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
For those of you on Steam (this is PC only... I THINK), Humble Bundle has a pretty amazing bundle that just started.

(Humble Bundle has bundles of games that you can get for way below usual price, and it's to benefit charity.)

This one, if you donate at least $1, you get BioShock (the first one), The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, and The Darkness II.

If you donate enough to beat the average donation, you also get BioShock 2, Mafia II and Spec Ops: The Line (with a bonus title or titles likely coming next week)

If you donate at least $20, you also get XCOM: Enemy Unknown and BioShock Infinite.

http://humblebundle.com

Now, the reason I bring this up here, other than it being awesome, is that I already had the first BioShock game. So I'm offering it to family members first, but if there's no interest, I'll give it away to someone here if anyone wants it.
That's an awesome bundle. Unfortunately the only game I don't already have that I want off of it is Spec Ops... but Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are two of my favorite FPS games of all time. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is good, too.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
OK, so I grabbed the 2k bundle. Figured Spec Ops and Darkness II were worth $6.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
OK, so I grabbed the 2k bundle. Figured Spec Ops and Darkness II were worth $6.
Any of the others duplicates or just you're not too interested in them?

That's the same tier I grabbed, luckily the average was $5.65 then. :)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Any of the others duplicates or just you're not too interested in them?

That's the same tier I grabbed, luckily the average was $5.65 then. :)
All the Bioshocks and the new Xcom I grabbed on Steam sales over the past year or so. Yahtzee has talked up Spec Ops so much I've wanted to play it for a while.

Not that interested in Mafia, but I'll give it a quick play. It might surprise me.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Really hoping the "But wait, there's more" bonus game is Dishonored.