LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well...I've just started on Alpha Sapphire to get another master ball to transfer to Omega Ruby. Thus far, I have Malala the Wailmer, Raphael the Wingull, George the Carvanha, Fred the Spheal, and Celeste the Chinchou. I'm thinking of trying to get an unaware Wooper to complete the party.

I also have a need for a speed boost Venipede/Whirlipede and a prankster Purrloin/Liepard, so if any of you can help me with that, I'd be eternally grateful and will send you over whatever you want. Dragon dance Larvitar, marvel scale Dratini with extremespeed, whatever you want, I can gift you it, save for legends.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I hated Unity to no end. Is it easier to fight in Syndicate? I mean, I kept getting killed everytime I tried to assassinate someone

It's just smashing square and countering/stunning. Time it right and you'll be fine. I haven't died much. What's cool is there' s is more opportunities to get double or triple kills. Again, you have to time it right when the enemies are low on health.

Whistling to attract enemies is back (which is a huge relief). What I love most tho is the enemies don't detect you the moment you look around a corner, but if you fuck up you're SOL. It's a nice balance IMO.

It's also a bit more strategy. The cover boy is Jacob Frye, but you also get to play his sister, Evie. She's the more stealthy (and a blast playing) assassin, while Jacob is more of the brawler. Each of them have skills you buy, and some are specific to that character's play style.

Also, you get a gang (the Rooks) which aren't exactly super smart, but are useful for distractions and the occasional kills. I did this one mission last night where my gang took care of all the enemies while I stealth killed the enemy leader. Then you have gang wars which is like Gangs of New York. Awesome.

I know some people that can't stand it, but I'm loving it and taking my sweet time to see and collect everything.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Playing franchise mode in Madden (as the Rams, of course) and just went through a stretch of Cook having the dropsies...

...damn this realism.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm still up in the air if I'll get it for PC or PS4... I get mods on PC, but I need to upgrade it first.
My ONLY concern with this game is that its somehow turned into a more uptempo'd storyline, ADD shooter aimed at the current Gen target audience....at the cost of exploration, the atmosphere of isolation and the little things that made this franchise great in the past.

Updated fancy graphics don't mean shit if they go too far away from the magic of the first few in the series.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm starting a new Nuzlocke on an emulator in a Drayano Pokemon hack called Blaze Black 2 (a.k.a., Black 2 from hell). And I'm doing a psychic monolocke (which means I can only capture psychic types or Pokemon who will evolve into psychic types in this hack). I already have one death. Wish me luck, guys!

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
My ONLY concern with this game is that its somehow turned into a more uptempo'd storyline, ADD shooter aimed at the current Gen target audience....at the cost of exploration, the atmosphere of isolation and the little things that made this franchise great in the past.

Updated fancy graphics don't mean crap if they go too far away from the magic of the first few in the series.

I agree that would be awful...

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm starting a new Nuzlocke on an emulator in a Drayano Pokemon hack called Blaze Black 2 (a.k.a., Black 2 from hell). And I'm doing a psychic monolocke (which means I can only capture psychic types or Pokemon who will evolve into psychic types in this hack). I already have one death. Wish me luck, guys!

Make that two deaths. Fuck Munchlax forever. The guy put metronome, stockpile, tackle, and work up on it. Metronome came up with dragon rage when none of my Pokemon have forty or more HP yet. Yusuf the Venonat's dead, and I'm stuck with Pillman the Ralts and Eddard the most useless Hoothoot ever. Praying to fate that I can get a Beldum, otherwise, I'm screwed.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Make that two deaths. freak Munchlax forever. The guy put metronome, stockpile, tackle, and work up on it. Metronome came up with dragon rage when none of my Pokemon have forty or more HP yet. Yusuf the Venonat's dead, and I'm stuck with Pillman the Ralts and Eddard the most useless Hoothoot ever. Praying to fate that I can get a Beldum, otherwise, I'm screwed.

Seriously, fuck this hack I'm playing. I've restarted countless times, and it's the most broken and unplayable thing ever because of the sheer difficulty level. Pokemon is supposed to be fun. Nuzlockes are supposed to be fun. This isn't. This is a shit hack by a shitty person who loves to see psychic-monolockers struggle. How can you give pursuit to level five Spearow, make the first gym an almost guaranteed wipe if you don't overgrind, give you crappy psychic types in the beginning, and then give you a good psychic type (Beldum) with a whole new moveset, but keep take down on it and keep the legendary-esque catch rate the same when you can alter gender ratio and everything else? It's the most fucking unplayable game ever.

I quit. And I've never said that about a game before, especially a Pokemon game, but I quit.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Playing franchise mode in Madden (as the Rams, of course) and just went through a stretch of Cook having the dropsies...

...damn this realism.

I traded him in my league, sent Cook, Quick and Long to the raiders for Cooper, Aldon and a 2nd round next year. Also saved like 30 mill off cap space.

Daddyleagues.com/FiTG <--- league link.

Lead the league with Gurley in rushing (people were very vocal about how they were going to injure him when I started going on a tear since there's 31 other guys playing)

Broke Dickersons record with 2,625 yards. (Jamall charles on my ass all year long, he finished @ 2,432)

NFC Offensive player of the year

NFC best offensive rookie of the year (beat out Winston and that guy killed it with him, took them to the Divisional)

NFC best running back of the year

Loving this shit.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I bought Fallout 4 and am having it shipped. I can't wait to play it. Anyone else psyched?
I'll be picking up a copy on Thursday. I'm tired of BF4 and TLOU multiplayer. I won't be joining the COD crowd anymore. I've beaten Alien Isolation twice and Dying Light. I'm so ready to dive into some Fallout.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'll be picking up a copy on Thursday. I'm tired of BF4 and TLOU multiplayer. I won't be joining the COD crowd anymore. I've beaten Alien Isolation twice and Dying Light. I'm so ready to dive into some Fallout.

Try some Shadow of Mordor.

In other words, the mono-type Nuzlocke of the Pokemon hack I tried out didn't go so well. I wiped several times, and the only time I didn't wipe, I had two Pokemon and was unable to capture a Beldum for a third Pokemon. This time, I'll be hacking a Beldum in as a starter because of the absurdly-low catch rate it has (legends such as Dialga and Palkia are easier to capture, by comparison). So I'm going to start with Beldum (the creator of the hack actually made Beldum useful in the early stages by gifting it attacks other than take down) and see if I get better at this thing.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

Updated fancy graphics don't mean crap if they go too far away from the magic of the first few in the series.

It's funny you should mention this a few posts before @Rams Until I Die mentioned mass effect because what you describe is exactly what happened with mass effect 3 in my opinion.

Mass effect 2 is one of my favourite games of all time but number 3 was a huge disappointment to me. It turned into more of a standard 3rd person shoot 'em up. Nothing special and a huge let down.

I hope mass effect 4 andromeda or whatever it's called goes back to what made 1 and especially 2 so good

Memento

Name
Jemma
It's funny you should mention this a few posts before @Rams Until I Die mentioned mass effect because what you describe is exactly what happened with mass effect 3 in my opinion.

Mass effect 2 is one of my favourite games of all time but number 3 was a huge disappointment to me. It turned into more of a standard 3rd person shoot 'em up. Nothing special and a huge let down.

I hope mass effect 4 andromeda or whatever it's called goes back to what made 1 and especially 2 so good

1 was only special because of the plot. 2 and 3 were good in their own separate ways (I thought that two had a better variety of squadmates and characters, while 3 was more streamlined). If they can combine those two into 4, I'd be happy, but probably not enough to buy it unless it was out of EA's filthy, greedy little paws. I swore that I'd never buy an EA game again after they ruined Dead Space and Mass Effect.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Oh mass effect 3.... I probably probably liked it more than most but they definitely took a couple steps back from 2's greatness. 2 is in my top 5 games of all times.

Played a little over an hour of fallout 4 and so far so great.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The original Deus Ex for PC was Mass Effect about 7 years earlier in terms of gameplay. One of the best games i've ever played.