LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@TXRams86 , do you play Nintendo games at all? Also, welcome to the Xbox One club! I highly recommend Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Batman: Arkham Knight to add to the collection.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I never played the new Vegas dlc so I picked up the ultimate edition and I'm putting all other games on hold. Getting ready for number 4.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm playing some MLB 15 the Show on PS3. Might get a PS4 at some point - but the PS3 is adequate. Man I suck at this game though. I don't really know how to get the base running to work properly - it results in quite a few amusing chases and tag outs costing me the game in the 9th innings repeatedly. I'm also terribad at fielding because the buttons for bases are different in the single player version RTTS than they are in Franchise mode so I always throw to the wrong freaking base!?

TXRams86

The Infamous
@TXRams86 , do you play Nintendo games at all? Also, welcome to the Xbox One club! I highly recommend Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Batman: Arkham Knight to add to the collection.
I haven't played any Nintendo games since the first Wii.
I hated that console with a passion, I could never get into it.
My kids opted for the 360's Kinect so we migrated to that and sold the Wii.
We actually had a Wii U as well but my kids never played it, so we just sold it (in mint condtion) to fund the Playstation 4 we're going to buy in a few weeks.

That Batman game has been on my Amazon watch list for a few weeks now.
Dell has a pretty sweet deal on a 43" LG LED tv that i want to pick up to replace my dying Samsung.
Dell throws in a $150 gift card which i MAY use for some upcoming games (Halo 5, Battlefront and Fallout 4).

Admittedly, I never got into Fallout. I have Fallout 3 for the Xbox 360 but I've never played it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I haven't played any Nintendo games since the first Wii.

Oh, so no Pokemon games? I see. Well, I definitely recommend Shadow of Mordor as well. If you loved Arkham's combat system or Red Dead Redemption's focus system, this game will be a blast to play.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Oh, so no Pokemon games? I see. Well, I definitely recommend Shadow of Mordor as well. If you loved Arkham's combat system or Red Dead Redemption's focus system, this game will be a blast to play.
No, no Pokemon games.
I gave some a try on the Gameboy emulators but wasn't into them.
I'll definitely check out Shadow of Mordor.
I've been spending quite a bit of money on games :ROFLMAO:

Thankfully I have a fiancee who's satisfied with Minecraft (y)

Memento

Name
Jemma
No, no Pokemon games.
I gave some a try on the Gameboy emulators but wasn't into them.
I'll definitely check out Shadow of Mordor.
I've been spending quite a bit of money on games :ROFLMAO:

Thankfully I have a fiancee who's satisfied with Minecraft (y)

Aww...that's a shame. The newer ones are amazing, as I can attest to. It's okay, though. People like different things.

And yes, I can definitely recommend SoM. I went back to it again after I lost my save files at 91% completion. That's how good it is as a game. If you love the Lord of the Rings series, you'll absolutely love this game. It's true to the series, it's got amazing wraith powers as well (you'll love branding uruks when you get to that), and while the minor characters aren't really interesting, the main two (Talion and Celibrimbor) are a great duo, and the uruk captains are awesome and memorable. Just a very good game. Not Witcher 3. Not Batman: Arkham Knight. Just a good game in its own right.

Going to update Pokemon in my next post:

bluecoconuts

Legend
So I've been playing MGS V lately, it's every bit as good as advertised. The biggest complaint I have is that after the first part of the game they got a little lazy.. They repeat some missions but make it harder by handicapping you in different ways. Still, I've been having a blast with the game, highly recommended.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Updating Pokemon:

My HeartGold Nuzlocke is going very well. I have no deaths, and I beat Whitney and her goddamned Miltank (thanks to Lamar's reflect), I've caught another likely permanent team member (Lexie the Drowzee), and I've evolved both Jamie and Mary into their final forms. I've had bad luck with catches (I had a chance at a Stantler and a Miltank, but Lamar and Lexie killed them with crits before I could catch them). The best catch is a Magnemite, but since it can't evolve fully in Johto, I can't use it. I also can't use Bill's Eevee because of my no-gifts rule, and I didn't see anything I wanted in the Game Corner (Dratini is the only option, really, and I can get one later on.) The Red Gyarados will be in play when I am highly-leveled enough to catch it without deaths (i.e., thirty across the board) and when I have surf.

Team for HG:

Lamar - Bayleef.
Jamie - Fearow.
Mary - Sandslash.
Lexie - Drowzee.

The Emboar run is going well, as he took down Clay with zero problems and zero fucks given that day. It's only going to get harder from here, as Skyla is no joke (even with return, I'm not certain I can OHKO her Swanna). Then I'll have an easy run with Brycen (ice gym leader against fire/fighting Pokemon, hmm...let me think...) and a bit harder at Iris. And then? Elite Four, here I come.

TXRams86

The Infamous
So I've been playing MGS V lately, it's every bit as good as advertised. The biggest complaint I have is that after the first part of the game they got a little lazy.. They repeat some missions but make it harder by handicapping you in different ways. Still, I've been having a blast with the game, highly recommended.
I got through the first part of the game, to where you get to the "training" about using those balloons and stuff.
I played a little after that but then got distracted by an influx of games.
Really looking forward to getting back into it...after I beat Wolfenstein and get some time in on GTA V.

Updating Pokemon:

My HeartGold Nuzlocke is going very well. I have no deaths, and I beat Whitney and her goddamned Miltank (thanks to Lamar's reflect), I've caught another likely permanent team member (Lexie the Drowzee), and I've evolved both Jamie and Mary into their final forms. I've had bad luck with catches (I had a chance at a Stantler and a Miltank, but Lamar and Lexie killed them with crits before I could catch them). The best catch is a Magnemite, but since it can't evolve fully in Johto, I can't use it. I also can't use Bill's Eevee because of my no-gifts rule, and I didn't see anything I wanted in the Game Corner (Dratini is the only option, really, and I can get one later on.) The Red Gyarados will be in play when I am highly-leveled enough to catch it without deaths (i.e., thirty across the board) and when I have surf.

Team for HG:

Lamar - Bayleef.
Jamie - Fearow.
Mary - Sandslash.
Lexie - Drowzee.

The Emboar run is going well, as he took down Clay with zero problems and zero fucks given that day. It's only going to get harder from here, as Skyla is no joke (even with return, I'm not certain I can OHKO her Swanna). Then I'll have an easy run with Brycen (ice gym leader against fire/fighting Pokemon, hmm...let me think...) and a bit harder at Iris. And then? Elite Four, here I come.

You've officially spoken Arabic to me. lol
What console are you playing this on?
Seems a lot more intuitive than the old Pokemon games where you just walk around finding Pokemon and fighting RPG style.

Memento

Name
Jemma
You've officially spoken Arabic to me. lol
What console are you playing this on?
Seems a lot more intuitive than the old Pokemon games where you just walk around finding Pokemon and fighting RPG style.

Allah be praised.

I'm playing it on a 3DS, but HeartGold is actually a normal Pokemon game. I'm just playing by Nuzlocke rules.

Nuzlocke rules:

1. First Pokemon you see on each route/city, you have to catch.
2. If a Pokemon faints, it's considered dead and can never be used again.

Mind you, you're still fighting RPG-style, but nothing will get you more involved than seeing a Pokemon come close to death and coming up with personalities for them.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Allah be praised.

I'm playing it on a 3DS, but HeartGold is actually a normal Pokemon game. I'm just playing by Nuzlocke rules.

Nuzlocke rules:

1. First Pokemon you see on each route/city, you have to catch.
2. If a Pokemon faints, it's considered dead and can never be used again.

Mind you, you're still fighting RPG-style, but nothing will get you more involved than seeing a Pokemon come close to death and coming up with personalities for them.
Is it an infinite game? Where you can technically keep playing until you get the best Pokemon? Even after that...just use it to kick ass..?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Is it an infinite game? Where you can technically keep playing until you get the best Pokemon? Even after that...just use it to kick ass..?

Nah, it's not an infinite game. You stop a Nuzlocke whenever you want (you have to stop when all of the Pokemon are killed). But Pokemon as a whole? It's like that. And best Pokemon is a subjective term. There's just as much joy in using a Furret or Linoone as there is in using a legendary Pokemon. It's all about what you want to use, really.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I have a Pokemon update that isn't good. At all.

Basically, fuck Morty's gym. Lexie died due to my arrogance in thinking that a curse from a ghost could be cured by a full heal. It didn't help that this fucking Gastly murdered her with a curse/confuse ray/mean look combination. I thought that a full heal would cure her curse. It didn't. But I should've switched out before the mean look. It was completely my fault.

Now I have to look for another team member. Maybe I should get an Ekans from the Game Corner. I can't deal with a frail Abra at this point, and a Dratini is useless at this juncture. Yeah, Ekans. But that's going to fucking kill me when it comes to a psychic gym. Oh well.

Memento

Name
Jemma
@Memento I haven't played a Pokemon game since yellow, and really haven't been interested but your updates make it sound fun.

Here's a tip: don't play Pokemon games the way they should be played. Do a Nuzlocke or a solo run or a mono-type run. Hell, you can even do an unevolved run if you want. Pokemon is what you make of it.

Anyway, I've got my Ekans. Her name is Malala (after the activist), and the Drowzee and Abra are already afraid of her. She's almost reached level twenty, and she'll probably evolve soon.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Pokemon update:

All of my mons are fully evolved, and I have my full team. Meet Marie Rae the shiny Gyarados and Schwermetall (abbreiviated to Schwermetl because of the ten character limit) the Electrode. I'm lukewarm on Schwermetl right now, even though I love its name. Once I get thunderbolt from the game corner (which is taking a long time because fuck Voltorb flip), it should be able to do damage. For now, though, I have it leeching experience from the Exp. Share. I've also changed Mary's name (for plot reasons. Yes, I'm trying to make this a story run.) to Leelah because it was too similar to Marie Rae.

So, my full team:

Lamar the Meganium.
Jamie the Fearow.
Leelah the Sandslash.
Malala the Arbok.
Marie Rae the Gyarados.
Schwermetl the Electrode.