LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I got tired of the style of Black Flag and Rogue. Jumping from island to island to get everything become tedious. At least in Unity I don't have to worry about that.

I'm loving the heist side missions in Unity (the ones where you have to steal the artifacts).

I never played Rogue, but I liked the Island to Island stuff.... I'm a big pirate fan, and I love tropical settings to, so it was very enjoyable to me. I'd love for them to make another game there, but they're probably tapped out on characters (although in theory they could go with Bonnie) and a lot would overlap, people would probably get bored.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm with @bluecoconuts on that, I liked the island hopping. I thought it was neat the first time I rolled up on a legendary ship and thought "no problem!"...then got smoked

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I never played Rogue, but I liked the Island to Island stuff.... I'm a big pirate fan, and I love tropical settings to, so it was very enjoyable to me. I'd love for them to make another game there, but they're probably tapped out on characters (although in theory they could go with Bonnie) and a lot would overlap, people would probably get bored.

I'm with @bluecoconuts on that, I liked the island hopping. I thought it was neat the first time I rolled up on a legendary ship and thought "no problem!"...then got smoked

Guys, I loved Black Flag. It had a great story and 3 big mainlands to explore. Rogue is basically Black Flag 2, and there is a ton of going from one place to another to collect stuff. It was the collecting that got tedious.

I'm loving Unity the more I play it. The use of long weapons instead of the usual swords and pistols is a great change. Plus, crouching!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Guys, I loved Black Flag. It had a great story and 3 big mainlands to explore. Rogue is basically Black Flag 2, and there is a ton of going from one place to another to collect stuff. It was the collecting that got tedious.

I'm loving Unity the more I play it. The use of long weapons instead of the usual swords and pistols is a great change. Plus, crouching!

I'll probably give Unity another chance, there's a few games (including Skyrim actually) that I got and didn't like at first until I got into it. Sometimes if I step away and run out of games to play I'll come back and enjoy one.

I didn't really like AC3, and Rouge was set up in the North East again if I recall, so it turned me off of the game.

I really just need something to distract me until Uncharted 4. I'll probably need to upgrade my PC to play Battlefront, but I want that one as well.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm shamefully still way back on AC3. I made the mistake of playing revelations and brotherhood back to back and then started 3 and just got burnt out. Then Xbox had to give black flag away for free on 360 with games for gold so I have that waiting as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just finished The Last of us on grounded mode.
th

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Does anyone here play Elder Scrolls Online?

I've been playing for about a month or so and I'm at level 22 (go LumberTubs!) and so far I'm enjoying it.

But, I can see how in the near future it might start to get a bit boring. Most of the quests obtained seem to be one of about 3 variations; go and find some missing person or save a town from a curse/plague etc. The only thing that seems to change are the names and locations.

I gather that when I get to a certain level I'll be able to explore more provinces but presumably that'll just open up more of these quests that are very repetitive.

Anyone else in the same boat or maybe someone can tell me where I'm going wrong?

Well it happened. I finally got bored of ESO as predicted (not that anyone cares cus no one responded to this first time round - bastages!) but I got Black Flag free with games on gold so I might have a crack at that after reading some of the comments on here.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
My god The Witcher 3 is so big... I've barely made a dent in it running around trying to do side quest and level up but I feel like a hamster on a wheel. To make it worse ( a good problem to have) my wife bought me elder scrolls online for Father's Day. Anyone playing it? Played for a couple hours and I like it. Then there is that little game coming out tomorrow called Arkham Knight...
I'm playing the Witcher 3 and it's freaking awesome. Anyone who likes fantasy action adventure/RPG would love this game. There's just a ton of stuff to do and huge worlds.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well it happened. I finally got bored of ESO as predicted (not that anyone cares cus no one responded to this first time round - bastages!) but I got Black Flag free with games on gold so I might have a crack at that after reading some of the comments on here.
How was ESO? Was it boring? If you're not a good gamer will you die a lot?

Does anyone know when the next actual Elder Scrolls game is supposed to come out?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
How was ESO? Was it boring? If you're not a good gamer will you die a lot?

Does anyone know when the next actual Elder Scrolls game is supposed to come out?

Dying wasn't the problem. That was only really an issue if you venture into regions/provinces which are above your current level and it becomes clear fairly quickly if that's what you've done. Also there are dungeons designed to be entered as part of a group so if you try to do that on your own or with only 1 other person (you can group with up to 3 other people) then you'll get you arse handed to you very quickly.

My issue with the game is that the quests are very same-y. I'm up to level 30 so I've given it a fair chance but I just can't be bothered to keep doing the same things over and over again.

No idea when Elder Scrolls 6 is due out. Bethesda have always said that they don't like drip feeding fans with info or teasers so the time between announcement and release will be relatively quick I imagine. Skyrim was 2011 so I wouldn't be surprised if it's released in 2016. I'll be annoyed if ESO means that Elder Scrolls 6 is delayed.

I'm playing the Witcher 3 and it's freaking awesome. Anyone who likes fantasy action adventure/RPG would love this game. There's just a ton of stuff to do and huge worlds.

I might give this a go.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John

It is a great game, love all the little details in the game. I just can't believe how many quest come your way at once. How far are you? I'm taking my sweet time, still in novagrad (spelled so wrong).

bluecoconuts

Legend
No idea when Elder Scrolls 6 is due out. Bethesda have always said that they don't like drip feeding fans with info or teasers so the time between announcement and release will be relatively quick I imagine. Skyrim was 2011 so I wouldn't be surprised if it's released in 2016. I'll be annoyed if ESO means that Elder Scrolls 6 is delayed.

I think Bethesda is 100% focused on Fallout, I wouldn't expect ES6 until 2018ish personally.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It is a great game, love all the little details in the game. I just can't believe how many quest come your way at once. How far are you? I'm taking my sweet time, still in novagrad (spelled so wrong).
I finished Novrigad (pretty sure is wrong spelling) a while back. I just got done defensing Kaer Mohern (wrong spelling) from attack from the Wild Hunt. I'm now working on side quests. I'm at level 29